CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Blitzkrieg
jseal777
CapitolCock
TastyLicks
Flameout12
Y Formation
carolina_corpsman
ChunkSnackwell
Wisercock
Saturday was not a g (2104)
Can Wolf Get us Back (1229)
Offensive Thoughts (863)
My take on the Kentu (679)
Today's Weekly Press (227)
Hurricane Maria (143)
LA Earthquake (95)
What was your origin (94)
Ole Miss Rebels coul (90)
Firefighters free ma (67)
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Byron Cowart - Transfer
Offensive Thoughts
How Was the DJ?
Just some comments by a l
Replacing Deebo
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
What was your original pr
FORWARD: Louisiana Tech;
Saturday was not a good d

Old 05-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #61
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Jaycee Horn

His comments say a lot about Clemson's recruiting approach and what we are up against.We all know they are not the #1 program in the country, or anywhere close. But they have the back to back natty appearances and the one trophy to show, and they can now spin the top program thing.

Their sales pitch will be a lot more effective now than once the season starts, so look for them to ratchet up the pressure to fill their class. While they are still national champions and the trophy is still shiny.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #62
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
His comments say a lot about Clemson's recruiting approach and what we are up against.We all know they are not the #1 program in the country, or anywhere close. But they have the back to back natty appearances and the one trophy to show, and they can now spin the top program thing.

Their sales pitch will be a lot more effective now than once the season starts, so look for them to ratchet up the pressure to fill their class. While they are still national champions and the trophy is still shiny.
If this were USC coming off of a Natty you wouldn't be talking about it being such a limited window to take advantage of it. They're on 6 or 7 straight double digit win seasons and they've been pumping out NFL players, they aren't just selling the Natty. They're going to be a recruiting beast for the next few years easily, zero time pressure on them. What we need to do is get more W's so we can continue to get better and better players and get to their level.

Good news they're looking at a 15ish man class so they probably won't have room for Horn and they are looking at him as a backup plan in case others fall through.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #63
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Per SEC country:
“They are making other corners in the state more of a priority than me,” Horn said. “I know that I’m South Carolina’s No. 1 guy.”
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #64
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoCockZ71 View Post
Per SEC country:
“They are making other corners in the state more of a priority than me,” Horn said. “I know that I’m South Carolina’s No. 1 guy.”
Yep that is why we've got the edge, making him a priority plus the track record of Muschamp and TRob. Horn is a stud and I'd love to have him jump on board.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #65
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoCockZ71 View Post
Per SEC country:
This sort of attention we're paying to recruits like Jaycee might seem useless to some right now but it will pay dividends in the near future. I can't say it enough; it's nice to have a staff dedicated to recruiting that won't refuse to make time for potential players.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #66
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:

You really need to stop.

It's embarrassing.
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #67
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
If this were USC coming off of a Natty you wouldn't be talking about it being such a limited window to take advantage of it. They're on 6 or 7 straight double digit win seasons and they've been pumping out NFL players, they aren't just selling the Natty. They're going to be a recruiting beast for the next few years easily, zero time pressure on them. What we need to do is get more W's so we can continue to get better and better players and get to their level.

Good news they're looking at a 15ish man class so they probably won't have room for Horn and they are looking at him as a backup plan in case others fall through.
I'm not saying that they won't continue to recruit well, but comments like Horn's "they are the number one team in the country" is hard to compete with - and it will no longer be valid after they get a couple of losses. The 2017 version is far from the #1 team, but recruits won't realize that until they see the results on the field.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:04 AM   #68
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
I'm not saying that they won't continue to recruit well, but comments like Horn's "they are the number one team in the country" is hard to compete with - and it will no longer be valid after they get a couple of losses. The 2017 version is far from the #1 team, but recruits won't realize that until they see the results on the field.
and the shine will start to wear off once there's an early season loss or two. you talk about pressure, those new guys coming in, especially the skill guys, have enormous pressure to keep winning when the reality is, they just aren't as good as the 5 skill position guys that are now gone....Watson, Gallman, Williams, Scott and Leggett.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #69
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1500000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

F all the Clemtech talk. I don't give a crap about what they are doing. Lets keep this thread on J Horn.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:58 AM   #70
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
and the shine will start to wear off once there's an early season loss or two. you talk about pressure, those new guys coming in, especially the skill guys, have enormous pressure to keep winning when the reality is, they just aren't as good as the 5 skill position guys that are now gone....Watson, Gallman, Williams, Scott and Leggett.
The not as good part is somewhat unproven - unlikely, but not impossible. But they definitely will not be as experienced. Even with his talent, Watson did not win anything as a Freshman, and Gallman, Leggett, and Williams all had experience prior to that year.

If you go to Clemson sites (I don't recommend it, it will lower your IQ, but if you do...) or read the Clemson posters on this board, they never use the word "experience". You see "elite talent", "star ratings", "team rankings", but no mention of the impact that experience makes, especially at positions like QB and on the O Line (where Clemson had true Freshmen starting each of the last two years because they had no players with experience at Tackle).
Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #71
Strickland Propane
Recruit

Male

Strickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudlyStrickland Propane is crowing loudly

Something odd is going on at Bama. Just lost a top 100 RB today, only have 2 commits for 2018, and rank outside the top 25 in recruiting for the first time since class rankings began. Not surprised Horn is leaning towards us now.
Strickland Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:48 PM   #72
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 201000
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Maybe the recruits know something we don't? Saban?
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:53 AM   #73
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
The not as good part is somewhat unproven - unlikely, but not impossible. But they definitely will not be as experienced. Even with his talent, Watson did not win anything as a Freshman, and Gallman, Leggett, and Williams all had experience prior to that year.

If you go to Clemson sites (I don't recommend it, it will lower your IQ, but if you do...) or read the Clemson posters on this board, they never use the word "experience". You see "elite talent", "star ratings", "team rankings", but no mention of the impact that experience makes, especially at positions like QB and on the O Line (where Clemson had true Freshmen starting each of the last two years because they had no players with experience at Tackle).
I've never been nor do I ever intend to go to a tater site.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #74
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudly

Quote:
Don't forget about defense. They lost Mr Assomatic, "The runs stopper". When Dabo said plug that hole he said "I've only got 10 fingers coach!"
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #75
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3277031485
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Maybe the recruits know something we don't? Saban?
Didn't they just extend his contract a few weeks ago?
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #76
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Same.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #77
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Good for you and 6pack. You will keep more of your sense and intelligence - Tater Logic warps your brain. We get exposed to enough of that from the trolls.

If Jaycee holds off until later in the year, I like our chances, which was my point. It is all about getting positive press and good vibes, and I think they are coming our way. And not so much for Clemson - their recent success and their fanbase expectations have set the bar too high, where even a couple of losses will have them gnashing their tooth and jumping in their lake.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #78
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
Don't forget about defense. They lost Mr Assomatic, "The runs stopper". When Dabo said plug that hole he said "I've only got 10 fingers coach!"
Yea they did lose a few on defense, ass man and Tankersley and Watkins.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #79
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Good for you and 6pack. You will keep more of your sense and intelligence - Tater Logic warps your brain. We get exposed to enough of that from the trolls.

If Jaycee holds off until later in the year, I like our chances, which was my point. It is all about getting positive press and good vibes, and I think they are coming our way. And not so much for Clemson - their recent success and their fanbase expectations have set the bar too high, where even a couple of losses will have them gnashing their tooth and jumping in their lake.
I think Horn is planning on announcing this summer.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #80
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Couple of guys ahead of Horn on Bama's list of offers that they are in shape to land. Assuming he is the top guy for us, think we can get this dude.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote