CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
Spur's Addiction
donbgamecock
GoldenSpur7
2k15
The Yancey
gotrice?
GeoCocky66
rabid cock
More Bad News For Fl (865)
Huge Event on Monday (619)
Kent State fires str (494)
Rollcall! : NC State (432)
Best tv antenna (309)
MBB 21st in national (196)
Fantasy Football 201 (159)
Premier League 2017-2018
Home Opener vs UK
2018 Commitment - Jonatha
2018 - Josh Vann - Commit
Huge Event on Monday
Bruce released by the Jet
More Bad News For Florida
Best tv antenna
Rollcall! : NC State
Official Countdown Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #21
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100000
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - RJ Roderick

Tweeted he will be in Columbia Saturday for #SpursUPDaY
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #22
TaySC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Hope he commits this weekend as we need some good news.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #23
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Hope he commits this weekend as we need some good news.
This weekend is the SpursUp cookout. Very successful last year.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #24
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 27544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ext-usc-visit/

Quote:
DB RJ Roderick of Cane Bay added an offer from Georgia State Tuesday. He also has offers from USC, Virginia, East Carolina, Army, Air Force, SC State, Citadel and Wofford. Roderick plays quarterback and safety and the big schools, like USC, like him as a safety.
Roderick has visited USC twice and is returning with his mother on Saturday for what is being called a “Spurs Up” day. The Gamecocks, who have the lead for him, have set the table for Roderick with the offer and with a lot of regular interest.
“Coach Muschamp sends me something like a picture or just saying hey, checking in on me every other day,” Roderick said. “They want me to play free safety. They have a lot of confidence in me. They trust my ability to make the transition from option quarterback. They have invested a lot in me coming to the University of South Carolina and are really to go from here recruiting wise and me going there possibly. Coach Muschamp, if you look at his previous players that he had drafted, you can’t go wrong with him. That’s something I’ve taken into account. He’s just a great coach and an even better person. The program is going to escalate in the next couple of years and that’s something I’d like to be a part of.”
Roderick has set September 14th as a target date for a commitment though he said it could come earlier. USC has given him a committable offer, he said, and would take his pledge any time he’s ready to give it. As for a possible commitment this weekend, Roderick said, “I don’t plan to but there is a possibility.”
Roderick said this “Spurs Up” day is a chance for USC recruits to get a chance to meet with one another along with current players. Registration is from 9:30-10:30 AM.
As for other visits, Roderick said he plans to visit Duke, Virginia and Coastal Carolina this summer.
Mom is going this weekend, too!
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:12 AM   #25
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

DB*RJ Roderick of Cane Bay continues to favor USC after his visit Saturday. **“Nothing has changed as to where they stand. *After today and spending some time, *it might tweak some things moving forward with my family, in a positive manner. *I will definitely be talking to them.” *Roderick *has actually been eyeing September for making his commitment but that timetable might move up after this visit. * He also has *offers from Virginia, East Carolina, Army, Air Force, Georgia State, SC State, Wofford and The Citadel.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ecruiting-day/
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #26
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

CB JC
Old 05-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #27
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Another CB from ECU insider
Old 05-01-2017, 09:36 PM   #28
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

offered by NC State
Old 05-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #29
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Hope he pulls the trigger sooner than later.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #30
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Hope he pulls the trigger sooner than later.

lol

Quote:
“Sooner, I can’t really give a time span because I’m not entirely sure myself but it will probably be sooner than it is later,” Roderick said agreeing that the commitment could come this month. As for this week, he said he’s not sure.
He almost committed this past weekend.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ocks-saturday/
Old 05-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #31
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
lol

He almost committed this past weekend.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ocks-saturday/
I heard that too.

I read he is very similar to Pharaoh Cooper with his athleticism.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:38 PM   #32
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

He posted a few hours ago on twitter that he would be announcing soon and he will be enrolling early.

I'm hoping tomorrow. We have a big lead.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #33
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
He posted a few hours ago on twitter that he would be announcing soon and he will be enrolling early.

I'm hoping tomorrow. We have a big lead.
Then we will have to spend another day fighting the star watchers
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #34
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Planning to graduate early and enter College in Spring. Has to now make college choice by June 7th. Clemson now has interest in him as a RB. Decision coming 2-3 weeks.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #35
pitchcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29770000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Has to now make college choice by June 7th. Clemson now has interest in him as a RB.
Clemson supposedly interested all of a sudden?

Yet another of our solid targets they're deciding to go "all in" with the negative recruiting.

It's becoming clear as they fill their limited spots they're spending time and money....not to get recruits to pick them, but spending resources solely to try and steer guys away from us.

It's pretty interesting, i don't recall in the past seeing any program appear so intimidated and scared by the apparent improvement in a rival that they focus solely on trying to scare guys away.

Just at RB they're pretty confident of getting Zamir, they're playing the God angle with Teague, now they're having last minute interest in Roderick?

Dabo is really going to extreme lengths to try and throw "F You's" at Muschamp. It tells me they're worried, they're trying to squash him before he gets a firmer foundation built. Way too much choreographed crap, from the XT deal to them supposedly developing interest in our recruits that they don't have room for to be seen any other way.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #36
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post

Yet another of our solid targets they're deciding to go "all in" with the negative recruiting.

It's becoming clear as they fill their limited spots they're spending time and money....not to get recruits to pick them, but spending resources solely to try and steer guys away from us.

It's pretty interesting, i don't recall in the past seeing any program appear so intimidated and scared by the apparent improvement in a rival that they focus solely on trying to scare guys away.

Just at RB they're pretty confident of getting Zamir, they're playing the God angle with Teague, now they're having last minute interest in Roderick?

Dabo is really going to extreme lengths to try and throw "F You's" at Muschamp. It tells me they're worried, they're trying to squash him before he gets a firmer foundation built. Way too much choreographed crap, from the XT deal to them supposedly developing interest in our recruits that they don't have room for to be seen any other way.
The funny thing is this....for all of their supposed wonderful elite recruiting, the best returning RB on either team is Rico.

I am relying mainly on what the coaches and others are saying, but the second best could very well be Ty'Son Williams. No wonder they are trying to go after our recruits - we are obviously better at identifying high quality RBs than they are.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #37
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Planning to graduate early and enter College in Spring. Has to now make college choice by June 7th. Clemson now has interest in him as a RB. Decision coming 2-3 weeks.
To me it comes down to is Clemson serious about him or not. Plenty of teams make offers to guys that are further down on their board and won't actually take the commitment, that is my guess here. Clemson is either totally in love with Roderick at the RB spot because they would be taking him over some big name players or they offered him as a backup plan. I think if they've fallen in love with him at RB he winds up at Clemson if they offered him as a backup plan he ends up at Carolina.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #38
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post

I think Georgia is in the drivers seat with White
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #39
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Roderick has no Clemson offer as of yet. Neither does Teague. White is UGA bound. They are going to get Dexter Lawrence's brother.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:33 AM   #40
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

The longer this goes, the worse it gets for us. He was very close to pulling the trigger at the cook out.