CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
thekob
carolina_corpsman
Y Formation
2k15
TastyLicks
RGHoskins
2000grad
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
FBI Charges of Fraud (4501)
10 point Underdogs (859)
SC vs La Tech 1st Ha (777)
Dumbest question and (341)
Coach arrests? (228)
FBI Charges of Fraud (207)
Kershaw County sheri (144)
PODCAST: Gamecocks R (88)
FBI and College Bask (2)
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
FBI Charges of Fraud &
Snoop's take on how the n
10 point Underdogs
PODCAST: Gamecocks Rally
SC vs La Tech 1st Half of
Ryan Succop on NFL record
Freeeze: What I did was w
Jake Bentley analysis
Dumbest question and best

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #21
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Trouble in Five Points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Piss on them, if they're too arrogant to apologize for something petty. Then to hit someone in the face. F that, especially a Military Member. Skai Moore just lost a lot of respect from me.
Let's see the video you are basing this off of. We're all waiting.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #22
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Piss on them, if they're too arrogant to apologize for something petty. Then to hit someone in the face. F that, especially a Military Member. Skai Moore just lost a lot of respect from me.
Were you there or what are you basing this information off of?
Old 05-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 200
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It might be best to wait until more of the story comes out before you the character of any of the players involved. I'm not saying that it didn't happen or it might not be warranted in the end, but it is way too early for that.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #24
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I know these guys are college students, but even if nothing happened, being out at a bar at 3 am is not setting the right example as a team leader. The motto after the Clemson loss was "never again". Looks like the motto could be "never change".
Old 05-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #25
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I know these guys are college students, but even if nothing happened, being out at a bar at 3 am is not setting the right example as a team leader. The motto after the Clemson loss was "never again". Looks like the motto could be "never change".
Being out at a bar does not inherently mean someone is a bad leader

Fans can't help but fan
Old 05-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #26
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
So you were there and saw what happened? And to the military part, since you were there and know what happened was the vet wearing anything that would clearly identify him as a vet in a dimly lit bar?
Old 05-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #27
FirstCl@sscocks
Walk On

Male

FirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his combFirstCl@sscocks is developing his comb

Suspension for even one game for 2 of our top 3 guys would be awful, especially with NC State being first. But everyone needs to calm down, because we dont have the facts yet. Having trouble trying to wrap my head around a self defense scenario where 3 football players on 1 guy is possible though...
Old 05-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #28
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I don't know about everyone else, but I was referring to the vet aspect as more PR issue.

I don't know what happened, and the fact that charges haven't been pressed already is great, but anytime there's a video of an event it either 1. makes everything great or 2. completely changes the outlook.

I haven't seen the video, but I'm sure we all will because of freedom of information. It's one thing to call it a bar fight when you can't see it but we all know that ranges from shoving and a pissing contest to a raging assault.

And I say this hoping that the alleged victim is alright and that the accused will end up exonerated--but this can really mess up the season.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #29
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8888888
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

never understood why college athletes want to surround themselves in place where stuff like this happens..

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:37 PM   #30
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
never understood why college athletes want to surround themselves in place where stuff like this happens..
College athletes are still college students and I don't know about your college life but I definitely enjoyed Five Points and The Vista, especially late night/early morning as a student.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:39 PM   #31
Blackland
Banned

Male

Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

I am a Veteran so I can tell you first hand that we Vets can sometimes be a-holes, so I would not just assume that some innocent Veteran got beat up by theee big football players for no reason. In these situations it is better to not assume things and wait for the facts to come out before passing judgements on anyone involved.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #32
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dude...please see yourself out.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:43 PM   #33
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
I am a Veteran so I can tell you first hand that we Vets can sometimes be a-holes, so I would not just assume that some innocent Veteran got beat up by theee big football players for no reason. In these situations it is better to not assume things and wait for the facts to come out before passing judgements on anyone involved.

There are many vets out there that can come across as total assholes. I am sure I have come across that way at some point to some of the kids in my classes.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #34
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
College athletes are still college students and I don't know about your college life but I definitely enjoyed Five Points and The Vista, especially late night/early morning as a student.
You can enjoy it without getting in a fight .... common sense says to walk away

Old 05-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #35
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

Quote:
Fwiw you can also get into a drunken shoving match and it not be "assault"
Old 05-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #36
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Dude...please see yourself out.
we will see but if all they did was knock the mans phone out of his hand then why not just say my bad ??

Old 05-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #37
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Oh I agree common sense says walk away, but we all know at 3 AM bad decisions are made. 3 AM bad decisions seem to come with college life, some are really fun and some are really bad. That said I'll be interested to see how this turns out, there haven't been charges filed yet which tells me the vet may not be a choir boy in this whole situation.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #38
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Common sense and 20 somethings who have had a few beverages is a rare combination.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #39
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Common sense also says to not jump to conclusions before we know what actually happened.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #40
carolina fan
Recruit

Male

carolina fan is sharpening his clawscarolina fan is sharpening his clawscarolina fan is sharpening his clawscarolina fan is sharpening his claws

who has not been accidentally bumped in a crowded latenight bar? it comes with the territory. if you are such a little crybaby that you can't just pick up your phone and let it go to continue enjoying your evening, then you shouldn't be out in public in the first place.
Closed Thread