CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cockinraleigh
gotrice?
RGHoskins
JerseyBird
CockNJersey
gsgp
Captain9Dragons
USCharleston2
Blitzkrieg
GamecockUltimate
What do you need to (1240)
Qb's under pressure (931)
Garnet helmets and j (900)
Jake Bentley analysi (583)
Nebraska Fired Shawn (505)
Arkansas Kick Time (435)
Week 4 College Footb (283)
Fall Softball 2017 (163)
2017 Gamecock Baseba (120)
PODCAST: Game Previe (118)
Week 4 College Football F
Offensive Thoughts
Nebraska Fired Shawn Eich
2018 Commitment - Marlon
Gameday Guide: Louisiana
Running game analysis thr
Arkansas Kick Time
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Wofford Tickets
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TECH @ S

Old 05-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #21
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: Muschamp buys a shack

They made a mistake buying way out by the lake. The commute to work and school was too much.

So they bought a cheap house in-town...and yes. 175k is cheap. It's a good investment too...unlike the lake house.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #22
O'burgSpur1869
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
O'burgSpur1869 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
It was only because he is a coach, regular price on that house is 15 million. Stay there and tell all your friends to stay away from Lake Murray, SC. It is full of gators, moccasins and brain eating amoebas. 3 people were eaten by a 16 foot bull shark at Pine Island Tuesday. And those Purple Martins they talk about are actually giant mosquitoes.
Also, that pretty island over there that looks like a nice place to go camping on? It's full of undetonated WWII bombs.
(this one's actually kinda true)
O'burgSpur1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #23
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 3754220
mpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
Damn he bought that other house for less than $2M? I should move to SC. That's like a $5M house where I live, probably more
Yeah, but if you took the same job down here that you have in NJ you'd make less than half your salary, it's all about cost of living differences. I knew a guy that had a mid level job in his company but they let him work remote so he lived down here...he was paid as if he was in NJ and was making low 6 figures and living large. He said up there he barely could afford a house in a safe neighborhood.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #24
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

mpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
They made a mistake buying way out by the lake. The commute to work and school was too much.

So they bought a cheap house in-town...and yes. 175k is cheap. It's a good investment too...unlike the lake house.
They never intended to stay at the lake all year from what I have heard...the plan was to use it as a recruiting tool and for the family to use it during the summer months. I've heard from a few people that CWM is at some of the local establishments on the lake quite regularly during this time of year until fall practice starts.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #25
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Not a nice house for that neighborhood but property value is very high in that area hence the $175k price tag.
I just don't get the property value of that area
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:06 PM   #26
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
Unfortunately that's how a lot of houses in the Rosewood and Forest Acres area are
I know. I personally don't see the appeal
Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #27
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
You can't touch a free standing, livable, 3/1 with that square footage on Murray...maybe past the forks where it starts becoming the river you can, but not anywhere on the south side of the lake or on the north side even back to parts of Prosperity.
Right...my point is a 3/1 is not much of a family domicile. We had a lakefront home in the 29054 zip. It was a 2/2 and sold for more than that due to the location. I just don't why people are willing to pay that price for that house. That's all.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #28
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Right...my point is a 3/1 is not much of a family domicile. We had a lakefront home in the 29054 zip. It was a 2/2 and sold for more than that due to the location. I just don't why people are willing to pay that price for that house. That's all.
Lol look at property in Boston, a smaller home would sell for 3x or 4x more.

The house I grew up in was 2/1 and sold for way more than 175

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #29
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
They never intended to stay at the lake all year from what I have heard...
What had happen was...his wife fell in love with the house. People in town warned them against it, but she likes that #lakelife.

I think the kids go to Hammond, and they completely underestimated the commute from home to school and the practice facility. It must be an hour in traffic from the lake house to school.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #30
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'burgSpur1869 View Post
Also, that pretty island over there that looks like a nice place to go camping on? It's full of undetonated WWII bombs.
(this one's actually kinda true)
There are bombs but they are just empty casings. The island was used for practice but they did not waste live armed bombs - the island was already under US control, LOL.

Unlike some of the cannon balls in Charleston, which did not go off when shot but still contain explosive material.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #31
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
What had happen was...his wife fell in love with the house. People in town warned them against it, but she likes that #lakelife.

I think the kids go to Hammond, and they completely underestimated the commute from home to school and the practice facility. It must be an hour in traffic from the lake house to school.
We live in Lexington on the lake and to get to the University it's around 45 minutes - hour in traffic everyday. Not too terribly bad and a lot of people do it but I see the convenience of being downtown with kids in after school activities and all.

It's hard not to fall in love with the #lakelife. Sometimes we take it for granted ourselves that we can go down and jump in the boat and take off any night we want to, or if we just want to sit on the deck and watch the Heron, Osprey, Loons, and other wildlife we can do that too.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #32
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
There are bombs but they are just empty casings. The island was used for practice but they did not waste live armed bombs - the island was already under US control, LOL.

Unlike some of the cannon balls in Charleston, which did not go off when shot but still contain explosive material.
Before the Martin's I've been on the island and had friends that camped on it because it had great views...since the birds have came I won't step foot on that island even in the months that it is allowed. I think it's a no go area from early summer until the Purple Martin's leave. It's so nasty after they leave...basically just a giant island of bird poop.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #33
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just don't get the property value of that area
Borders Lake Katherine, zoned for high quality schools, relatively low crime rate, many restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies nearby.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #34
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Lol look at property in Boston, a smaller home would sell for 3x or 4x more.

The house I grew up in was 2/1 and sold for way more than 175

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
We ain't in Boston and we don't earn what people in Boston earn.

Friend of mine from ATL came up and stayed with me and asked me how much my house was worth. I told him and he laughed and said my home would be over 300k in ATL, probably depending on if you are north or south of I-20. I lived in one of the more expensive cities to live in the US...San Francisco. I think it is #4 or #5 on the 10 most expensive cities to live in. It is ridiculous to live there...avg price for a home is around 800k. I know it is beautiful and all, but I just don't get how the values fluctuate the way they do. I understand the factors, but it just seems a little too over the top to me. But, I reckon if people are willing to pay the exorbitant cost of the home, so be it.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #35
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Borders Lake Katherine, zoned for high quality schools, relatively low crime rate, many restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies nearby.
Flora and Dreher? Yeah, they alright.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #36
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
We ain't in Boston and we don't earn what people in Boston earn.

Friend of mine from ATL came up and stayed with me and asked me how much my house was worth. I told him and he laughed and said my home would be over 300k in ATL, probably depending on if you are north or south of I-20. I lived in one of the more expensive cities to live in the US...San Francisco. I think it is #4 or #5 on the 10 most expensive cities to live in. It is ridiculous to live there...avg price for a home is around 800k. I know it is beautiful and all, but I just don't get how the values fluctuate the way they do. I understand the factors, but it just seems a little too over the top to me. But, I reckon if people are willing to pay the exorbitant cost of the home, so be it.
Yeah, I agree, I would never want to live in Boston, I have friends who are in their late 20's with masters degrees that need 2 roommates just to pay their mortgage. I just still find it sort of funny when people complain about the prices of homes down here.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #37
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post

There were some live bombs used. I watched a documentary on the B25 they recovered and they were showing video of live explosions on Lake Murray. You could clearly recognize it was Lake Murray. Bombs may not have been full strength but enough to go boom.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #38
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
There were some live bombs used. I watched a documentary on the B25 they recovered and they were showing video of live explosions on Lake Murray. You could clearly recognize it was Lake Murray. Bombs may not have been full strength but enough to go boom.
From my understanding the test bombs had small explosive charges in them so they could see what they were hitting but didn't have the actual explosives like the live bombs that were dropped or the island wouldn't exist anymore. If I recall correctly it was basically the blasting caps that would set off the bombs with none of the actual live ordinance in them.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #39
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Before the Martin's I've been on the island and had friends that camped on it because it had great views...since the birds have came I won't step foot on that island even in the months that it is allowed. I think it's a no go area from early summer until the Purple Martin's leave. It's so nasty after they leave...basically just a giant island of bird poop.
lol are you saying there is an island so infested with birds that you won't step foot on it? Its that bad?
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:16 AM   #40
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
lol are you saying there is an island so infested with birds that you won't step foot on it? Its that bad?
First, you can't go on it when the birds are there because it's a protected habitat. Second in peak years there would be as many as a million birds roosting on a 12 acre island. It is literally covered with crap when they leave. At its height the birds would black out the sky when they were coming back at night or leaving in the morning.