CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
2k15
M.C.
Take-a-Knee
EAtMoRTaYtErz
GoldenSpur7
Gamecocks1137
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
gotrice?
2017 SEC Tournament: (5622)
Sedee Keita to trans (1380)
Baseball: South Caro (231)
women's bb - freshme (107)
2 Football Tickets f (37)
Sedee Keita to transfer
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Mcgregor has inked the de
C.J. Bryce
Fans
women's bb - freshmen arr
Game time set for NC Stat
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
2018 - Josh Vann

Old 05-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material
Default CWM Has Added Yoga to Workouts

As teams go through strenuous strength and conditioning workouts in the offseason, Will Muschamp's program has added something you don’t often associate with football: yoga.

More and more programs have added yoga to workouts as a tool for flexibility, body control and stretching. It’s something Muschamp wanted to do last year, but he moved spring up this year and can now fit it in.

“It’s all about lower body flexibility,” he said. “As a football player, especially on the defensive side of the ball, anybody that has to play in space, change of direction is essential to being able to be a good football player. When you have lower body stiffness, it’s hard to change direction.

“That’s something I wanted us to do a year ago. We never really got to do it. We’re able to do it this year, with more time. We finished spring so early, we were able to get three lifts a week with our team and use yoga twice a week.”
Muschamp said Gamecock players were skeptical, but are already feeling results.

“I think the guys, as first, weren’t really excited about it,” he said. “But all of them came to me afterward and said, ‘Coach, I’m really glad we did that, because it helped me.”

But the strength gains will be the most important part this offseason.

Muschamp said before spring that the Gamecocks were a “soft” program last year, and they weren’t strong enough in the trenches. That works continues now.

“We’ve got to get stronger as a program,” Muschamp said. “That was something we knew when we came here. We made some strides in year one, and we’re starting to see the benefits of Jeff Dillman and his staff in year two.

“We’re going to have 45 scholarship players for May-mester (early May training). Some have some internships and things, and I’ll leave that up to the players, optional if they want to be here, but a lot of the guys wanted to be here, especially on both lines of scrimmage. So I’m excited about that.”

http://www.coachingsearch.com/articl...orkout-program
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
Karaoke_Jesus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Karaoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudlyKaraoke_Jesus is crowing loudly
Default Re: CWM Has Added Yoga to Workouts

As a practitioner, it really helped me with strengthening the ligaments and soft tissue surrounding the joints in my low back and hips. That's just one aspect, as the practice of yoga is really about connecting mind and body, practicing focus and mind control in conjunction with the breath and strength. Good to see these programs embrace that in their regimens.
Karaoke_Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

This kind of Yoga?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062845361251
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Yoga is actually very good for the body. Joe Rogan, whose podcasts I watch religiously stated that people equate yoga to some sort of feminine type thing, but in reality it is very good for you. Apparently most UFC fighters these days also do yoga.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

He was talking about this on the radio a few weeks ago. Whatever it takes.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #6
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

One of the hardest workouts I've ever done was the P90X Yoga program...very intense!!!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #7
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
One of the hardest workouts I've ever done was the P90X Yoga program...very intense!!!
Yup. Count me among those who mocked yoga...until I did it for the first time on P90X. 30 seconds in I was like "this is stupid." 5 minutes in I was praying to God for mercy.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

DDO Yoga is the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #9
GSC2013
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

This is wonderful. In my post playing days Ive sought out athletic/competitive stuff and it led me to Brazilian jiujitsu/sport grappling and yoga is a big part of the stretching and recovery. It helps a LOT with injury prevention and loosening the hips & muscles, both of which would help football players.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #10
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Yoga probably saved my ability to run and hike without the pain I used to have.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #11
Blackland
Game MVP

Male

Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

I do some P90X yoga, it is hard and a very good workout.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 PM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Flexibility, focus, balance, breath control. Whats not to like?

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #13
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I got kicked out for bringing in a chair, a sandwich and camera equipment

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #14
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
DDO Yoga is the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DDP?
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:35 AM   #15
xXSirSpurXx
Two Deep

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Tons of physical and mental health benefits follow. Great that it is being utilized by the football team.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #16
dumpyloser
Two Deep

Male

dumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot material

Curious if this is new for CWM or if he tried it at FLA. Do any other programs do it?

I think it is a great idea.
dumpyloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #17
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
This kind of Yoga?

Fold and unfold genitals ? I'm not attending
Old 05-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #18
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
DDP?
Old 05-04-2017, 02:07 PM   #19
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Fold and unfold genitals ? I'm not attending
I'm sure that lady in the picture will help you.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #20
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
I'm sure that lady in the picture will help you.
That's no lady....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote