CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Wisercock
Blitzkrieg
The Yancey
carolina_corpsman
wincocks84
bassman
Egotistical11
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
Captain9Dragons
Ortre Smith (1459)
TJ Brunson (850)
Woman loses her mind (746)
DIY flowerpot smoker (246)
The Godfather explai (152)
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TEC (136)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (88)
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ KEN (87)
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLIN (79)
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ VAN (74)
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2018 MBB - Simisola "
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
4 tic for Sale LaTech
Ortre Smith
2 Tix For Sale - Section
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2017/18 season speculatio
TJ Brunson

Old 05-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Please keep opinions and comments related to THE STATE, and the reporters and
how the incident is being handled by the School and the Coaching Staff. The players
have gone through enough and have been Cleared of All Charges.

(For Your Review)

Old 05-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Glad to see Coach stand by his players. Knowing that your head coach will step up and go to bat for you is huge to young players.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

He had every right to say what he said, and he was dead on with those comments too. I think this was a shot again at The Failing State for a lack of apology or retraction. They need to be held accountable, and I think the school should continue to call them out for as long as they refuse to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
KadCock
Blue Chip

Male

KadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talonsKadCock has developed his gaff and talons

Who was The State reporter that ran the initial story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KadCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #5
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadCock View Post
Who was The State reporter that ran the initial story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Staff" Another words, we won't say who to protect them
Old 05-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

While I'm not a fan of The State paper, I don't have a problem with them reporting the story. I do with the guy who worked at the bar and identified the players. The State was just reporting that a local employee of an establishment said football players were involved in an altercation. The employee of the bar needs to issue an apology to the football players and be fired from his job.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 2400200
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

Based on new info, being that the police told the state there was no need to run the story, I have to take away a lot of the benefit of the doubt I was giving them in the other thread. State should apologize.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1727314009793
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

State newspaper not good enough to line Sir Big Spur's bird cage.....

Up to reporter to verify the veracity of information given, and verify with another source whenever possible.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I would really like to know who it was that actually said that Deebo and Moore were present at the bar. Then I would like to know why it was stated that they were there.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

That video of Coach telling it like it is pleases me very much!!
Old 05-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #11
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Today were are all.....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #12
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I think all of us Gamecock fans have been Enemy of the State since MoRon was there
Old 05-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #13
one90
Recruit

Male

one90 is making other chickens nervousone90 is making other chickens nervousone90 is making other chickens nervousone90 is making other chickens nervousone90 is making other chickens nervousone90 is making other chickens nervousone90 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I think all of us Gamecock fans have been Enemy of the State since MoRon was there
Nope! Before then... Herman Helms.
one90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #14
damron
Blue Chip

Male

damron is making other chickens nervousdamron is making other chickens nervousdamron is making other chickens nervousdamron is making other chickens nervousdamron is making other chickens nervousdamron is making other chickens nervousdamron is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
um, no...go back another 30-40yrs. or so...does the name Herman Helms ring a bell?...RMO III
damron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #15
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
State newspaper not good enough to line Sir Big Spur's bird cage.....

Up to reporter to verify the veracity of information given, and verify with another source whenever possible.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #16
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
While I'm not a fan of The State paper, I don't have a problem with them reporting the story. I do with the guy who worked at the bar and identified the players. The State was just reporting that a local employee of an establishment said football players were involved in an altercation. The employee of the bar needs to issue an apology to the football players and be fired from his job.
Dude at the bar should be held accountable to giving the wrong names, not fired, but prosecuted. State newspaper and the reporter who wrote that should be held accountable or issue an apology, and the reporter should be fired.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #17
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I fall under this umbrella.

It's not like The State fabricated a completely false story. There was a police report after all.

I always think there should be more importance on the reader not believing everything they read.

Falling all over yourself to crucify The State seems a bit harsh to me.

However, I love what Boom said. His position as the HC gives him the bully pulpit and I think he used it in the right way.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #18
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I fall under this umbrella.

It's not like The State fabricated a completely false story. There was a police report after all.

I always think there should be more importance on the reader not believing everything they read.

Falling all over yourself to crucify The State seems a bit harsh to me.

However, I love what Boom said. His position as the HC gives him the bully pulpit and I think he used it in the right way.
But herein lies the problem with the media today. You can find a statement from someone, with ease, that suits virtually any agenda that you wish to pursue and therefore publish it as "somebody else's statement". Your theory absolves all of them from any sense of ethics. I have a problem with that.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #19
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
But herein lies the problem with the media today. You can find a statement from someone, with ease, that suits virtually any agenda that you wish to pursue and therefore publish it as "somebody else's statement". Your theory absolves all of them from any sense of ethics. I have a problem with that.
I just expect more of myself than to believe everything I read.

And this is not a "media today" problem. This has to do with a lot of sheeple that can't think for themselves...which has been going on forever.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #20
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I just expect more of myself than to believe everything I read.

And this is not a "media today" problem. This has to do with a lot of sheeple that can't think for themselves...which has been going on forever.
Tell that to the guys who were falsely accused of a crime they had nothing to do with. What a load. I can promise you they will have to discuss this when they are going through the draft process. Does 'The State' rush to publish every police report they get on the front page?
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote