CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
Three and Out
GregoryHouse
Ace Dilcock
Blitzkrieg
GuyInTheGreenHouse
SanAntonioCock
Lattimore vs. McFadd (300)
Season parking selec (254)
We Don't Use Star Ra (138)
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Men's team next season
Lattimore vs. McFadden
Official Baseball Coachin
Tim Tebow coming to South
Football team at Fort Jac
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Football Ops Center updat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #41
highstick
Blue Chip
 
highstick's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 839
CockyCash: 200
highstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPit
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
So when the Columbia PD told the state point blank that they shouldn't report this when they did because it was from 1 person and could be wildly inaccurate they made the responsible journalistic call to not only write about it but then actually include names? If you think that is responsible then you're nuts. It was done because two of the names were football players and they knew they could make money off of it. All they had to do was wait 24-48 hours then report it with all the facts, but they didn't they wanted to be first and accuracy be damned. And just so we're clear we have the RIGHT to know when the facts are fully gathered, not before. Frankly I hope Muschamp talks to the USC Athletic Department and it's made very clear to The State their screw ups are done as of now the next time they pull a stunt like the did they'll be blackballed from USC media events, practices, ect.
Somehow I don't think some of these folks responding can read, or comprehend...Saw Muschamp respond in Rock Hill the other night and I had a feeling, he knew more than he was telling at that point...but it was obvious he was really ticked off with the media!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #42
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'
 
Spur's Addiction's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Raaaawlee, NC
Posts: 15,043
CockyCash: 0
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
I don't believe they did anything immoral. Not in this case. And they absolutely DID get the story right. There is no sensationalizing going on here.


They absolutely did NOT get the story right. They named three players involved. 1 was not even there, the other one was not involved, and the third was no longer on the team.

That's 0-3. How can you say they got it right?
__________________

Last edited by Spur's Addiction; 05-08-2017 at 09:17 PM..
Spur's Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #43
eatlighting
1st Team All-SEC
 
eatlighting's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah River Valley
Posts: 4,319
CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

I've said it before: is there another hometown newspaper that relishes its "home team's" negative news? Whether real, alleged, fabricated, or otherwise? I know people say we don't want to be like the taters where everything is pawsitive and printed in orange ink, but I say that martyrdom, high road crap when it comes to the politics and winning in college football is overrated. I save the ethics for my career and family. No idea why our fanbase and AD put up with this crap. I get that they are the free press, but I'm pretty sure they can be easily whipped into shape if the right buttons are pushed. I'd love to see the Greenville news or the Anderson HOW BOUT THEM TIGERS!? Independent go put of their way to write negative crap about Clemscum. Weird how the taters are choir boys ever since abo put that program on media lockdown after the Chad made his grand exit.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #44
Three and Out
Two Deep
 
Three and Out's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,213
CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
I don't believe they did anything immoral. Not in this case. And they absolutely DID get the story right. There is no sensationalizing going on here. The was no spin. That is all in the heads of people that already hate the State because of Ron Morris, who did really deserve the hate. They started at the begining and it was an ongoing story, and in the end they got it right from beginning to end. If our players get in some kind of trouble with the law I WANT to know about it right away not weeks from now. The public has THE RIGHT TO KNOW. That is why police reports are public in the first place. Was it immoral for the media outlets to cover the Duke Lacrosse scandal just because they turned out to be innocent? No. It's ridiculous the even think that.

Reporting public information for clicks is not being in anyway immoral.The States kept right on top of the story and as the police found out the truth The State told us what was really going on. It's how they make their living. As long as they don't lie or report privileged information, they are just doing their job. There was vindication in the end. We should be putting away the pitchforks and celebrating. But if you want use the pitchforks, then point them at the people of the bar that talked to the police.
There is a good reason to never publish names to any incident until official charges have been filed. If you can't see the difference in what happened here, then you are not a legitimate poster. Any person whose name is incorrectly published has been harmed. And that harm can't be undone. The reason it can't be undone is because it creates potential doubt in the reader's mind.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #45
pitchcock
2nd Team All-SEC
 
pitchcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 3,384
CockyCash: 29776300
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
I don't believe they did anything immoral. Not in this case. And they absolutely DID get the story right. There is no sensationalizing going on here. The was no spin. That is all in the heads of people that already hate the State because of Ron Morris, who did really deserve the hate. They started at the begining and it was an ongoing story, and in the end they got it right from beginning to end. If our players get in some kind of trouble with the law I WANT to know about it right away not weeks from now. The public has THE RIGHT TO KNOW. That is why police reports are public in the first place. Was it immoral for the media outlets to cover the Duke Lacrosse scandal just because they turned out to be innocent? No. It's ridiculous the even think that.

Reporting public information for clicks is not being in anyway immoral.The States kept right on top of the story and as the police found out the truth The State told us what was really going on. It's how they make their living. As long as they don't lie or report privileged information, they are just doing their job. There was vindication in the end. We should be putting away the pitchforks and celebrating. But if you want use the pitchforks, then point them at the people of the bar that talked to the police.
In the now locked thread I presented a scenario that theoretically involved you personally.

You never got a chance to answer my questions to you concerning that scenario, probably because it was locked.

You can still go to that topic and read my scenario and questions. I'd appreciate it if you'd read my post and answer my questions.

Thanks.
pitchcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #46
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay
 
Order 66's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cayce
Posts: 15,231
CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Tell that to the guys who were falsely accused of a crime they had nothing to do with. What a load. I can promise you they will have to discuss this when they are going through the draft process. Does 'The State' rush to publish every police report they get on the front page?
That's my issue with all of it. All the national news knows is the initial reporting from the State. They could redact it all they want, the damage is done. These two guys will be damaged because of it come Draft Day. They will have to answer enough questions about the incident in the vetting process that their integrity will be diminished. Meanwhile, the State will keep pumping out steamers and protecting their own.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:34 PM   #47
6pack
2nd Team All-SEC
 
6pack's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Charleston
Posts: 3,246
CockyCash: 500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

What's it going to take to get one of our own to cover the Gamecock beat?
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #48
Flameout12
1st Team All-American
 
Flameout12's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 14,309
CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
That's my issue with all of it. All the national news knows is the initial reporting from the State. They could redact it all they want, the damage is done. These two guys will be damaged because of it come Draft Day. They will have to answer enough questions about the incident in the vetting process that their integrity will be diminished. Meanwhile, the State will keep pumping out steamers and protecting their own.
Exactly...it cost The State nothing, while it cost the men some of their reputation.

If someone cannot see the wrong, they have issues.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:18 PM   #49
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 3,990
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Exactly...it cost The State nothing, while it cost the men some of their reputation.

If someone cannot see the wrong, they have issues.
It didn't affect their reputation at least not negatively. They look like hero's/victims. Because they were wronged by the people who falsely accused them in the bar and that was all exposed by the media. They came out looking better than before.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #50
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 3,990
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
That's my issue with all of it. All the national news knows is the initial reporting from the State. They could redact it all they want, the damage is done. These two guys will be damaged because of it come Draft Day. They will have to answer enough questions about the incident in the vetting process that their integrity will be diminished. Meanwhile, the State will keep pumping out steamers and protecting their own.
NFL teams are very thorough with their research. They have nothing to worry about.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #51
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 3,990
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
They absolutely did NOT get the story right. They named three players involved. 1 was not even there, the other one was not involved, and the third was no longer on the team.

That's 0-3. How can you say they got it right?
Yeah, the people at the bar didn't get THAT right. Why can't anyoone comprehend that I'SNT the state's story. That, are just passing on the story told to the police. The State's story isn't "This is what happened at the bar." The State's story is "This is what the police were told about what happened at the bar." So they did get it right because that IS what the police were told. No you may not like that they took that already ublic information and made it more widely publicized, but doesn't make it in away immoral or wrong.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #52
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 3,990
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
There is a good reason to never publish names to any incident until official charges have been filed. If you can't see the difference in what happened here, then you are not a legitimate poster. Any person whose name is incorrectly published has been harmed. And that harm can't be undone. The reason it can't be undone is because it creates potential doubt in the reader's mind.
B.S. There are many valid reasons which is why the info is made public in the first place. There is an investigation, that needs witnesses, you put a call out to the public because you don't know who may come forward with useful info to solve the case. Also they weren't at the scene of the crime, this lets the people know that they are suspects in a crime and the police are looking for them.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:33 PM   #53
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 3,990
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
So when the Columbia PD told the state point blank that they shouldn't report this when they did because it was from 1 person and could be wildly inaccurate they made the responsible journalistic call to not only write about it but then actually include names? If you think that is responsible then you're nuts. It was done because two of the names were football players and they knew they could make money off of it. All they had to do was wait 24-48 hours then report it with all the facts, but they didn't they wanted to be first and accuracy be damned. And just so we're clear we have the RIGHT to know when the facts are fully gathered, not before. Frankly I hope Muschamp talks to the USC Athletic Department and it's made very clear to The State their screw ups are done as of now the next time they pull a stunt like the did they'll be blackballed from USC media events, practices, ect.

The story starts when it starts. It doesn't start when you want it to just because you are a fan. There is nothing wrong reporting what is an official document of public record which is info already made public. Which is all the state did. Police should not be telling anyone which stories not to print unless their is a legal justification for it. The public has as right to know.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #54
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,083
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Yeah, the people at the bar didn't get THAT right. Why can't anyoone comprehend that I'SNT the state's story. That, are just passing on the story told to the police. The State's story isn't "This is what happened at the bar." The State's story is "This is what the police were told about what happened at the bar." So they did get it right because that IS what the police were told. No you may not like that they took that already ublic information and made it more widely publicized, but doesn't make it in away immoral or wrong.
What about the fact that the Columbia PD advised The State not to run a story based off of the police report because it was based off of 1 person's story? If you say they didn't tell The State that you're calling Will Muschamp a liar.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #55
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,083
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
The story starts when it starts. It doesn't start when you want it to just because you are a fan. There is nothing wrong reporting what is an official document of public record which is info already made public. Which is all the state did.
And the fact that Columbia PD told them that they probably shouldn't run with it yet because they were still gathering information and not only did The State run with it they published names isn't messed up?
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #56
Three and Out
Two Deep
 
Three and Out's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,213
CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Yeah, the people at the bar didn't get THAT right. Why can't anyoone comprehend that I'SNT the state's story. That, are just passing on the story told to the police. The State's story isn't "This is what happened at the bar." The State's story is "This is what the police were told about what happened at the bar." So they did get it right because that IS what the police were told. No you may not like that they took that already ublic information and made it more widely publicized, but doesn't make it in away immoral or wrong.
It's you that can't comprehend this. They were told not to run the police report because it hadn't been verified. But they did it anyway. And they did it for the specific purpose of trying to harm Carolina. The sad thing is we will likely never know for sure if this incident doesn't end up harming them with respect to their lives and more specifically their potential NFL careers. I'm glad you are the authority on something like this since you already know its not going to hurt them.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:41 PM   #57
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 25,157
CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

I agree with EatMorTaytErz

I don't think the State did anything wrong

I went back and read through the articles available on their site and it looks like they took care to say what information was available and where they got their information


http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...148094584.html

I think it was us as readers of the information who jumped to conclusions
__________________
Quote:
Muschamp said he doesn't have a 3 year or 5 year plan, his plan is to win now and decisions will be based on winning now.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:45 PM   #58
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,083
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I agree with EatMorTaytErz

I don't think the State did anything wrong

I went back and read through the articles available on their site and it looks like they took care to say what information was available and where they got their information


http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...148094584.html

I think it was us as readers of the information who jumped to conclusions
They've edited the article once or twice, including the title, as opposed to printing a retraction.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #59
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay
 
Order 66's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cayce
Posts: 15,231
CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I think it was us as readers of the information who jumped to conclusions
Well they could have at least rolled out the mat.

Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:24 AM   #60
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 3,990
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT 5 POINTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
And the fact that Columbia PD told them that they probably shouldn't run with it yet because they were still gathering information and not only did The State run with it they published names isn't messed up?
I don't care who says they shouldn't have run it and I am glad they did and hope the keep doing it in similar circumstances and here is why:

It tells the public that if you are going to accuse our players of commiting a crime you better have your story straight when you tell the police or you will have some people really upset at you. What would happen if the The State did as the the PD suggested? Wait for more investigation, maybe it's good news maybe it's bad news, then report it? Okay, If it's good news, no big deal, Articles says "Gamecocks Cleared of Charges at bar Fight." No one get's upset, the bar faces no public backlash like they should get for false accusations. It just all get's swept under the rug except for the fact our players STILL are going to be report in the news about being involved with an ex-teamate that got into a fist fight with an ex-marine at a bar and gave him a puffy eye. The false accusers would take no heat because no one pays attention! We don't want that. If it's bad news, well it's just as bad a situation as would be as if media picked the story up early. How many times to people make false accusations against people and nothing comes of it because no one pays any attention to it? It's good that the local paper put pressure on those accusers to be right. The weren't and now they are exposed and their reputation is rightly ruined.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
more pointless arguing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development