CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
Master Bedroom
Ace Dilcock
LegalCock
Wisercock
Flameout12
cack
carolina_corpsman
LBC
Spur's Addiction
A Win vs A Loss (493)
South Carolina vs. L (493)
Coach Staley's big w (395)
Does Deebo Return Ne (379)
Allisha Gray WNBA RO (315)
TJ Shook (272)
Cocky Cash (155)
‘Mad Pooper’ Jogger (145)
Wal*Mart customers s (143)
Jake LaMotta, Real-L (65)
Ole Miss Rebels could swa
2018 MBB - Simisola "
2017 Baseball Recruiting
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
FORWARD: Louisiana Tech;
Does Deebo Return Next Se
South Carolina vs. Louisi
Crowd Against La Tech
Coach Staley's big weeken
2018 MBB - Jericole Helle

Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #121
STR82HELL
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
STR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudly
Default Re: Muschamp Creates violent hostile locker room!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
Ok so what seems to be the issue with you and this thread? Does someone who actually has a brain think the HFC of USC would talk about really hurting and killing players ? please some folks need refresher football pre game atmosphere lessons.
Jeez a football recruit who is scared to be there and this is a big deal? wow i am mortified at the responses from supposedly sane fans. Just gonna smdh and rock and finish my drink.
I am not sure I understand your question or comments directed at me. I was not defending this kid. I said that it "sounds like" Boom upped the intensity. No biggie. I wasn't even saying he definitely did. Just that it made rational sense "to me" that "he would." But, it's cool. I understand everyone's points and how they feel that is not the case. Again, makes sense to me so it could just be that I am crazy.
STR82HELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #122
STR82HELL
Banned

Male

STR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudlySTR82HELL is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
Cockykarma, I think you're a tad confused. Recruits in for a game generally stop by the locker room, the coaches spend a little bit of time with them pregame, but the majority of time coaches spend with a recruit is postgame.

If you think this was the first and only recruit to be in our locker room pregame, you're wrong.
Pitchcock,

You quoted my post so I am responding to that. Not to you calling me cockykarma.

I am not confused. I assumed that a player visiting for a game might visit the locker room. I didn't say he was the one and only. I never disputed that as the case.

If you follow the conversation (not a jab) you will see that earlier someone stated that the recruit "asked" or "told Muschamp" he wanted to the see the locker room. I prefaced the first response with the disclaimer "if that is accurate" and then followed up with a response. This part was ignored and the same argument came out again. That then prompted my follow up with the questions and included the premise introduced by another poster. So, the "confusion" you are referring to is actually based on what another poster suggested (that he had to ask to be in the locker room). I don't know if each thing is a formal request with a written piece or if that is what happens. I didn't think he would have to ask but I am not involved in recruiting.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #123
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29770000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR82HELL View Post
Pitchcock,

You quoted my post so I am responding to that. Not to you calling me cockykarma.

I am not confused. I assumed that a player visiting for a game might visit the locker room. I didn't say he was the one and only. I never disputed that as the case.

If you follow the conversation (not a jab) you will see that earlier someone stated that the recruit "asked" or "told Muschamp" he wanted to the see the locker room. I prefaced the first response with the disclaimer "if that is accurate" and then followed up with a response. This part was ignored and the same argument came out again. That then prompted my follow up with the questions and included the premise introduced by another poster. So, the "confusion" you are referring to is actually based on what another poster suggested (that he had to ask to be in the locker room). I don't know if each thing is a formal request with a written piece or if that is what happens. I didn't think he would have to ask but I am not involved in recruiting.
We'll just to get it out of the way, you ARE Cockykarma, which is why I addressed you as such. It's so distracting when banned members feel like they have to continue getting in digs under a different name.

The recruit in question didn't have to ask to walk in the locker room, it's generally done on visits already. They try to have food set up for visiting recruits also, (not bowls of unwanted Halloween candy) whether they randomly ask about it or not. At times they even sit in on position meetings, a lot depends on what time they arrive, game days are very busy and structured.

As is usual with you, you take comments someone makes, run with them, then treat those comments like the gospel as long as it gives you another chance to try and make another underhanded dig at our staff.

Your agenda is crystal clear, as is your unbridled, bizarre dislike for Muschamp. It's just a bit humorous that, like most people who get banned and sneak back in, that you're not smart enough to change your posting style....it's a dead giveaway.

So, provided your alter ego hasn't been permabanned, are you going to leave Cockykarma on the shelf until you eventually screw up and get banned under this name? Or will you immediately bounce back over to that alias, hoping this one stays on the shelf long enough that people forget?

Ultimately it doesn't matter, you can't help yourself....you'll dig another hole.
pitchcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #124
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

It absolutely cracks me up that our pre-game locker room atmosphere frightened a visiting recruit. I can't stop laughing about this and the kid's immature comments.

Also, I totally support recruits being invited in to the locker room. Guys need to know what they're getting into and we need to see how they handle it. You want the guys who are drawn to it, not the ones who are afraid of it.

Only thing is, I always thought Shawn Elliott would have been the psycho influence in last year's locker room, at least more than Muschamp, given the way he would mix it up with his linemen in the pre-game warm-ups and those maniacal facial expressions.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #125
STR82HELL
Banned

Male

Default Muschamp Creates violent hostile locker room!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
We'll just to get it out of the way, you ARE Cockykarma, which is why I addressed you as such. It's so distracting when banned members feel like they have to continue getting in digs under a different name.

The recruit in question didn't have to ask to walk in the locker room, it's generally done on visits already. They try to have food set up for visiting recruits also, (not bowls of unwanted Halloween candy) whether they randomly ask about it or not. At times they even sit in on position meetings, a lot depends on what time they arrive, game days are very busy and structured.

As is usual with you, you take comments someone makes, run with them, then treat those comments like the gospel as long as it gives you another chance to try and make another underhanded dig at our staff.

Your agenda is crystal clear, as is your unbridled, bizarre dislike for Muschamp. It's just a bit humorous that, like most people who get banned and sneak back in, that you're not smart enough to change your posting style....it's a dead giveaway.

So, provided your alter ego hasn't been permabanned, are you going to leave Cockykarma on the shelf until you eventually screw up and get banned under this name? Or will you immediately bounce back over to that alias, hoping this one stays on the shelf long enough that people forget?

Ultimately it doesn't matter, you can't help yourself....you'll dig another hole.

Pitchcock,

I really don't understand this post. You can call me whatever you wish. I can't stop you.

Also, please because I am starting to seriously question my sanity. What dig did I take at the SC staff? Saying that Boom "amped" it up was not a dig. In my mind, I thought that would be pretty standard. Just based on science, human tendencies but everyone disagrees and that's cool. I don't quite think the outcry was warranted. I thought it was a non-combative simple statement. One that if true, to me, would be a + in Boom's favor. But that's just me.

To call it a dig or read some slight in it, is uncharitable at best because none was intended.

I have no agenda and as far as my bizarre unbridled dislike for Boom, please look at my posts and tell me where I have said something like that. Oh wait, you attribute everything CockyKarma said to me. When did that person get banned? I haven't been here that long but CockyKarma was banned after I signed up.

It's cool. Again, I can't stop you from calling me me whatever.

I am just posting and I never claimed to be smart. Like most here, being smart doesn't seem to be a requirement. There are a few that I like. Believe it or not, I kind of like you. It's cool if the feeling isn't mutual. That's life. I don't give much thought to style or even if it's similar. There are other people that post in the same voice. I do think it is odd that I've been very complimentary of Champ and yet you say that I have an unbridled dislike.

Back to the subject...

I didn't start any fight here. I made a simple (in my mind complimentary) comment and it was taken poorly. One of the problems with a message board is that sometimes you are responding to several people so something you would say in response to one post, may not be what you would say in response to another.

My statements about him "asking" were in response to someone stating that he did and referencing an article that said that he did. No one refuted it (until now) and I figured they would if it weren't true. But, what I a truly confused about is where I took someone's comment and attacked the staff with it. How? I didn't think what I was saying was a negative thing. I wasn't saying anything negative about Boom.

Other people here who are accusing me of saying negative things about Boom, have said some pretty rough things about him. Ironic.

Your post clarifying the recruiting process would have really helped when I was asking the questions. I've said several times that I don't know how that works and I asked genuine questions.

I'm not picking fights. I figure you are bored. This thread sat dormant for a few days and then you posted to me. So, I responded.

For me, my plan is to post every now and then. If people want to continue to come after me, I can't stop them. It just won't be much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by STR82HELL; 05-18-2017 at 06:50 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #126
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Man, some of y'all were just born to argue any and everything.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #127
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 1400
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Man, some of y'all were just born to argue any and everything.
+1
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #128
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

It was a game we needed to turn the season around. Tennessee was a bit vulnerable because of injuries, and we were riding bit of a boost with the move to Bentley to QB which it was his first SEC game, and it was at night which was a rare in the last few seasons. All those reasons to be extra excited for the game, but no, we're supposed to believe it was all for a recruit.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #129
STR82HELL
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
It was a game we needed to turn the season around. Tennessee was a bit vulnerable because of injuries, and we were riding bit of a boost with the move to Bentley to QB which it was his first SEC game, and it was at night which was a rare in the last few seasons. All those reasons to be extra excited for the game, but no, we're supposed to believe it was all for a recruit.

Nope. Never said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk