CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
carolina_corpsman
HotSoup
FurmanCock
Ironfan
Flameout12
rt3891
TAFC 5 1981
2k15
Captain9Dragons
Noon kickoff for Ole (786)
QB Play vs. WR Play (475)
Former USC Assistant (265)
Carolina Coliseum ph (134)
vBookie Request: Post Req
Gator Fan's Perspective o
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
QB Play vs. WR Play
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
Carolina Coliseum photos?
Noon kickoff for Ole Miss
The difference in our 5 s
Convince me these are all

Old 08-31-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb
Default Anastasia Hayes out on Rockytop

Violation of team rules.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Milks26 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Anastasia Hayes out on Rockytop

I know dude!

I just saw that on espn: http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...ion-team-rules

Oh man, Law and Staley better get on the ball for this one. I've been saying this since last year (and I just repeated last night) - that Westbrook, Hayes or Davis would leave Tenn and possible transfer here, and it would all lie with Law since she was integral in recruiting them.

I wonder what she did???
Old 08-31-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milks26 View Post
I know dude!

I just saw that on espn: http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...ion-team-rules

Oh man, Law and Staley better get on the ball for this one. I've been saying this since last year (and I just repeated last night) - that Westbrook, Hayes or Davis would leave Tenn and possible transfer here, and it would all lie with Law since she was integral in recruiting them.

I wonder what she did???
Don't know what she did!! But Fulmer booted her for multiple violations of team rules!! Take 3 guesses!! You prolly only need one! But speculation is unfair!
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Would dawn still have to get the other sisters
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 21500
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

Jordan Dajani, journalist at Saturday Down South, tweeted this:

“Source tells me Lady Vols G Anastasia Hayes was originally going to be suspended for around half of season due to marijuana use. Seems like this could’ve played into the decision to dismiss her.”
https://twitter.com/jdnumba3/status/...849563139?s=21
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

No thanks. Pass. Now, Westbrook would be a different story, but do not want Hayes.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #7
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
No thanks. Pass. Now, Westbrook would be a different story, but do not want Hayes.
May i asked why you say pass on Hayes
Old 08-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Because obviously discipline problems at Ute! You can get away with murder and get in there and play but this young lady actually got the boot from there you even read bruh?
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #9
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Te'a was axed for fighting.

She's seem to be thriving now. Dawn said she's in game ready status already
Old 08-31-2018, 05:30 PM   #10
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2700000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

From what I saw last season, it is not a huge loss for UTK. She was quick, and could drive to the bucket, but rarely finished. She did not appear to be a team player. I could be wrong, but I don't think Dawn needs to spend her effort on her.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #11
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

She similar to bcm ... ahe charges to the basket and know how to get fouls on bigs ill take her but only if it doesn't effect with 2019 class
Old 08-31-2018, 06:42 PM   #12
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Hayes mother has tweeted that none of her other 3 daughters will be attending Tennessee!!
Old 08-31-2018, 06:48 PM   #13
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Hayes mother has tweeted that none of her other 3 daughters will be attending Tennessee!!
This is a pretty ugly break up.

Props to Holly being an enforcer, but if speculations are true, I wouldn’t touch Hayes unless she can kick the habit.

FWIW, in my opinion, Mary Jane is not THAT bad... it’s pretty popular on college campuses (read “VERY”) but as a D1 athlete at a powerhouse program, you should be committed enough to your craft to kick such habits. Just my opinion.
DorchesterGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 PM   #14
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
This is a pretty ugly break up.

Props to Holly being an enforcer, but if speculations are true, I wouldn’t touch Hayes unless she can kick the habit.

FWIW, in my opinion, Mary Jane is not THAT bad... it’s pretty popular on college campuses (read “VERY”) but as a D1 athlete at a powerhouse program, you should be committed enough to your craft to kick such habits. Just my opinion.

I wonder how old are her sisters? They're from Tenn, so mostly likely they'll stick to a southern school.

We'll with NCAA rules she has a yr to get her sh*t together
Old 09-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #15
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Because she’s got an obvious 420 issue, plus the deal with her was you have to take her 3 sisters too. I’m just not a fan. Better transfers will be available in the spring.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #16
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

What better transfers ? If we can get her get her... cant afford to wait and put her on strict guidelines... we missed on transfers this year already...
Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 AM   #17
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
Because she’s got an obvious 420 issue, plus the deal with her was you have to take her 3 sisters too. I’m just not a fan. Better transfers will be available in the spring.
Absolutely correct!! If Hayes smoked enough dope to get kicked out of Rocky Top, she needs help and love before worrying about basketball.. The weed isn't thought of as that bad in most circles.. But it's still illegal... I wish the young lady all the best...
Old 09-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #18
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Another university dismissed their basketball star:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...ion-team-rules
Old 09-12-2018, 02:04 AM   #19
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 204080
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material

Obvious discipline issues. And mom is upset with UT for giving her daughter multiple chances and still blowing her ride? That's right, blame someone else for your problems instead of looking in the mirror. Pure stupidity and selfishness.
I'd want recruits/players who's parents also get it. They certainly do not. Who needs the hassle.