CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
Spur's Addiction
ConwayGamecock
Three and Out
Cockypantherfan
HCIW
cocky0
gamecockclint
willyb's hotdogs#1
rt3891
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
How Good Can Frank's Team
Will Grier skipping bowl
Rumor Mill: Bobby Bentley
Muschamp: Most wins in 1s
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 Commitment - Devonta
The "Cult of Frank&q
Pig Head
Potato Chips

Old 09-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #21
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 WBB - Jordan Horston - PG/SG

Feeling better about our chances!! She and her family had a great visit!!! UCONN visit still to come.. But Jordan Horston is not the UCONN lock their fans claim.. Lot of work to be done.. Landing Cooke and Jackson will make our chances as good as any school..
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:05 AM   #22
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Had her in home visit with UCONN today.. Official to UCONN on 9/21!! Here's to hoping the Huskies blow it!!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:03 AM   #23
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2513803
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Had her in home visit with UCONN today.. Official to UCONN on 9/21!! Here's to hoping the Huskies blow it!!
Any idea of when she'll announce?
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #24
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Any idea of when she'll announce?
No idea!! She has a few more in homes!! Because of team USA and World cup ball things will likely slow down until October!! Also,Horston, Jackson and Cooke still have to resolve whether they will attend the same school of not.. The three took 2 official visits together. They are serious about playing together.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #25
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Okay, so Dawn’s “decision time” tweet is definitely about Jordan Horston me thinks.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:08 AM   #26
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Phillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Okay, so Dawn’s “decision time” tweet is definitely about Jordan Horston me thinks.
What makes you think that?
Phillygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:12 AM   #27
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Why's that?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:42 AM   #28
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Why's that?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Horston just visited UConn, her final visit. It’s literally “decision time”... plus, in the video, Dawn highlighted her passing abilities but also her abilities to score. Horston is a combo guard. Felt like she was speaking directly to Horston. The timing of it all... Horston just got home from UConn, so she’s probably mulling over her offers and Dawn drops her final plea.

FWIW, this may mean nothing in the end.. but I feel MUCH better about Horston.

We’ll see what happens.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #29
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Horston just visited UConn, her final visit. It’s literally “decision time”... plus, in the video, Dawn highlighted her passing abilities but also her abilities to score. Horston is a combo guard. Felt like she was speaking directly to Horston. The timing of it all... Horston just got home from UConn, so she’s probably mulling over her offers and Dawn drops her final plea.

FWIW, this may mean nothing in the end.. but I feel MUCH better about Horston.

We’ll see what happens.
Agree 100%! Contrary to delusion of Notre Dame fans, I get the impression this is a South Carolina vs UCONN battle. That's why I said in another post, if Dawn reels in Rickea Jackson and Zia Cooke, we will have the advantage with Horston.. Also Geno has been putting on the full court press while Coach Staley is in Spain!!!
Old 09-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #30
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Agree 100%! Contrary to delusion of Notre Dame fans, I get the impression this is a South Carolina vs UCONN battle. That's why I said in another post, if Dawn reels in Rickea Jackson and Zia Cooke, we will have the advantage with Horston.. Also Geno has been putting on the full court press while Coach Staley is in Spain!!!
They kinda have to really. Believe it or not, UConn is kinda late to the game when it comes to recruiting Horston. They’ve always been focused on Haley Jones and Sam Brunelle in this class. Most of Horston’s other finalists schools have been recruiting her for YEARS. UConn allegedly only started earlier this year or so.

For instance, I remember reading a tweet about SC “being in the stands” (probably McCray) scouting Horston at an exposure event in Louisville a long time ago. Back when we were recruiting Ty Harris.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #31
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
They kinda have to really. Believe it or not, UConn is kinda late to the game when it comes to recruiting Horston. They’ve always been focused on Haley Jones and Sam Brunelle in this class. Most of Horston’s other finalists schools have been recruiting her for YEARS. UConn allegedly only started earlier this year or so.

For instance, I remember reading a tweet about SC “being in the stands” (probably McCray) scouting Horston at an exposure event in Louisville a long time ago. Back when we were recruiting Ty Harris.
Glad to hear it!! I didn't know that!! As great as she is I figured all the big dogs have been there for the long haul! We need every advantage we can get! UCONN is hard to beat!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #32
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 65800
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

If Jordan comes here we’ll get the added bonus of watching UConn fans claim that Geno never offered her.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 PM   #33
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
If Jordan comes here we’ll get the added bonus of watching UConn fans claim that Geno never offered her.
Yeah I snicker every time I hear they didn't offer Brunell!!
Old 09-29-2018, 05:49 PM   #34
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Jordan Horston will announce her college choice on Wednesday!!! Coach Staley gets home from Spain on Tuesday!
Old 09-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #35
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 65800
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Jordan Horston will announce her college choice on Wednesday!!! Coach Staley gets home from Spain on Tuesday!
I would love more than anything to be wrong, but I assume she will be heading northeast to play the next 4 seasons.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #36
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
I would love more than anything to be wrong, but I assume she will be heading northeast to play the next 4 seasons.
I have no idea!! She took her visits!! She has shown all of her finalist tremendous respect!! Huskies fans are not as confident as they once were. I don't believe anyone outside the family knows. Since Dawn and Geno are in Spain, they prolly don't know either.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #37
allnet43
Recruit

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
It would be nice to have this go our way.....Why not us?
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:00 AM   #38
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2513803
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Any info of what time she's announcing?
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #39
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Any info of what time she's announcing?
Not yet! If I see anything on social media I'll post it!!
Old 10-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #40
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

bbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spurs

Since folks on here like to always say after the fact they know where shes going say it now...

I predict Tennessee
Jduro
Amon
Dorchester etc what are yall predictions
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote