CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
carolina_corpsman
HotSoup
FurmanCock
Ironfan
Flameout12
rt3891
TAFC 5 1981
2k15
Spur's Addiction
Noon kickoff for Ole (795)
QB Play vs. WR Play (488)
Former USC Assistant (278)
Carolina Coliseum ph (147)
Convince me these are all
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
vBookie Request: Post Req
Gator Fan's Perspective o
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
QB Play vs. WR Play
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
Carolina Coliseum photos?
Noon kickoff for Ole Miss


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #21
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP
 
DorchesterGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,644
CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
You may be right!! But my feelings is if she is an enamoured with UCONN as Huskie fans assert, it's best to get her in before Geno can talking into shutting it down!

I'm i the only getting brutalized by auto-correct?
We need to get either Boston or Amihere. Our chances seem better with amihere since she’s apparently down to UK, Louisville and us.. but we’ve hardly ever done well going head to head with Louisville in recruiting.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #22
seamus
Starter
 
seamus's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: taylors sc
Posts: 1,456
CockyCash: 2700000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Now you are knot.
Kudos
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #23
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC
 
AmonRa777's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: greenwood sc
Posts: 3,767
CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Kudos
Happy to see I'm not the only one going crazy... Auto-correct is prolly a communist plot
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #24
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC
 
AmonRa777's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: greenwood sc
Posts: 3,767
CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
We need to get either Boston or Amihere. Our chances seem better with amihere since she’s apparently down to UK, Louisville and us.. but we’ve hardly ever done well going head to head with Louisville in recruiting.
Not sure about the Louisville thing.. We have had some great players in our program that told them no... When it comes to head to head UCONN has hurt us the last few years more than anyone else
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #25
bbbbookert
4-Star
 
bbbbookert's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: columbia
Posts: 332
CockyCash: 500
bbbbookert has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Uconn does everyone like that tho...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #26
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP
 
DorchesterGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,644
CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Not sure about the Louisville thing.. We have had some great players in our program that told them no... When it comes to head to head UCONN has hurt us the last few years more than anyone else
Just from looking at Louisville's '17-'18 roster I can spot 4 players that told SC no. (Hines-Allen, Fuehring, Zambrotta and Durr) We didn't even make Durr's final 5 but we were serious players for the others.

I disagree on UConn. Last year was a punch in the gut for us, but we almost never go head to head with UConn for a player. Prior to last year, Dangerfield was the last SC vs. UConn recruiting battle, and Wilson before that. We were considered by Coombs, but she never visited officially. We were out of it early for Walker, and never a serious player for Collier, Samuelson or anybody else on that roster. 2018 was the most damage UConn has ever done to SC as far as recruiting, I believe both Williams and Nelson-Ododa would be at SC otherwise.

But if there's a school that has consistently been a pain in the neck for SC it's Baylor. On their current roster, SC was a major player for NaLyssa Smith, Aquira DeCosta, DiDi Richards and Cara Ursin. Those are just players that Baylor beat us for in the last two years. They beat us for a few players before that as well (Mompremier). We haven't pulled a big player out of Texas since Kelsey Bone and it seems like Texas and Baylor are determined to make sure it doesn't happen again.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:34 PM   #27
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC
 
AmonRa777's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: greenwood sc
Posts: 3,767
CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Just from looking at Louisville's '17-'18 roster I can spot 4 players that told SC no. (Hines-Allen, Fuehring, Zambrotta and Durr) We didn't even make Durr's final 5 but we were serious players for the others.

I disagree on UConn. Last year was a punch in the gut for us, but we almost never go head to head with UConn for a player. Prior to last year, Dangerfield was the last SC vs. UConn recruiting battle, and Wilson before that. We were considered by Coombs, but she never visited officially. We were out of it early for Walker, and never a serious player for Collier, Samuelson or anybody else on that roster. 2018 was the most damage UConn has ever done to SC as far as recruiting, I believe both Williams and Nelson-Ododa would be at SC otherwise.

But if there's a school that has consistently been a pain in the neck for SC it's Baylor. On their current roster, SC was a major player for NaLyssa Smith, Aquira DeCosta, DiDi Richards and Cara Ursin. Those are just players that Baylor beat us for in the last two years. They beat us for a few players before that as well (Mompremier). We haven't pulled a big player out of Texas since Kelsey Bone and it seems like Texas and Baylor are determined to make sure it doesn't happen again.
All the Louisville players you mentioned were there when won the natty! How did that hurt us.. Missing on Ododa and Williams creates a hole in our program if we don't come up big next month. I repeat! UCONN hurt us more than Louisville.
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #28
bbbbookert
4-Star
 
bbbbookert's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: columbia
Posts: 332
CockyCash: 500
bbbbookert has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Maybe he meant ohio state : mitchell,carreti, and mccoy yes sure i maybe forgetting one more...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:06 PM   #29
bbbbookert
4-Star
 
bbbbookert's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: columbia
Posts: 332
CockyCash: 500
bbbbookert has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Amonra vs DCG in womens basketball info i know whose my money on hahahaha... opinions vs facts....
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #30
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP
 
DorchesterGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,644
CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
All the Louisville players you mentioned were there when won the natty! How did that hurt us.. Missing on Ododa and Williams creates a hole in our program if we don't come up big next month. I repeat! UCONN hurt us more than Louisville.
I never said anything about it hurting us. I said "we've hardly done well when we've gone head to head with Louisville for recruits". That's an observation that has nothing to do with winning a national championship. Sure, if you want to relate the ripple effect of missing out on high school players to the need of recruiting transfers then there's a correlation, but even then, it still doesn't negate the observation that we haven't done well head to head vs. Louisville in recruiting.

But it does have something to do with the fact that we are again going head to head with Louisville for recruits... in this case: Amihere, Beal, Cooke, Horston and Jackson (2019 recruits that are ALL considering Louisville). And based on past results, it hasn't always worked out in our favor versus the Cardinals. You can even argue that Ohio State has been a thorn in the past in SC's side as far as recruiting.

As far as UConn's Christyn Williams, she originally told SC no (remember, SC was not in her original top 5). She was a high priority "A" recruit for SC, but once she told SC "no" SC likely moved on to another wing, their "B" recruit. That all changed when SC hired Jolette Law (who had a prior relationship with Williams from Tennessee, who WAS in her top 5). Once Law was hired, SC assumed the position of Tennessee in her recruitment. UConn had been recruiting Williams since she was in the 8th grade and the Huskies were the favorite for a LONG time. It was the world's worst kept secret in recruiting that Williams favored the Huskies (she had the Huskies national championship trophies as her twitter header for a year almost). With Law on staff, sure, maybe SC felt great about it's chances with Williams.. but knowing the history between Williams and UConn, SC should've secured a commitment from their "B" wing, whoever that was (Zarielle Green, Morgan Jones, Elizabeth Balogun, Rhyne Howard.. you name her, who cares.. SC should've got a commitment from one of these players even if they were still going after Williams), just in case. Roster space wasn't an issue at the time, we were shooting for a class of 4 or 5 last year. You had to know that there was a good chance Williams would choose UConn. So with all of that said, SC never really HAD Williams, she was always UConn's to lose and would've been a cherry on top for us. On the other hand, Nelson-Ododa was a huge missed opportunity for SC. SC definitely had Nelson-Ododa, she was ours to lose, and let her slip through their fingers.

But even with the lost of Nelson-Ododa, it still doesn't add up to the cumulative losses in recruiting that SC had to Louisville AND Ohio State AND Baylor. For instance, just an example of the ripple effects of recruiting over the years, If SC landed Mompremier in 2015 (Baylor), or Fuehring in 2015 (Louisville), or Ciera Johnson in 2016 (Louisville), or Tori McCoy in 2016 (Ohio State).. then missing out on Nelson-Ododa (UConn) or NaLyssa Smith (Baylor AGAIN) in 2018 wouldn't loom as large and we wouldn't have the proverbial hole (at least at the F/C spots) that you speak of.

Last edited by DorchesterGamecock; 09-28-2018 at 09:39 PM..
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:10 PM   #31
GeoCocky66
Game MVP
 
GeoCocky66's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Irmo
Posts: 1,697
CockyCash: 21188
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Amonra vs DCG in womens basketball info i know whose my money on hahahaha... opinions vs facts....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:05 AM   #32
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC
 
AmonRa777's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: greenwood sc
Posts: 3,767
CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
I never said anything about it hurting us. I said "we've hardly done well when we've gone head to head with Louisville for recruits". That's an observation that has nothing to do with winning a national championship. Sure, if you want to relate the ripple effect of missing out on high school players to the need of recruiting transfers then there's a correlation, but even then, it still doesn't negate the observation that we haven't done well head to head vs. Louisville in recruiting.

But it does have something to do with the fact that we are again going head to head with Louisville for recruits... in this case: Amihere, Beal, Cooke, Horston and Jackson (2019 recruits that are ALL considering Louisville). And based on past results, it hasn't always worked out in our favor versus the Cardinals. You can even argue that Ohio State has been a thorn in the past in SC's side as far as recruiting.

As far as UConn's Christyn Williams, she originally told SC no (remember, SC was not in her original top 5). She was a high priority "A" recruit for SC, but once she told SC "no" SC likely moved on to another wing, their "B" recruit. That all changed when SC hired Jolette Law (who had a prior relationship with Williams from Tennessee, who WAS in her top 5). Once Law was hired, SC assumed the position of Tennessee in her recruitment. UConn had been recruiting Williams since she was in the 8th grade and the Huskies were the favorite for a LONG time. It was the world's worst kept secret in recruiting that Williams favored the Huskies (she had the Huskies national championship trophies as her twitter header for a year almost). With Law on staff, sure, maybe SC felt great about it's chances with Williams.. but knowing the history between Williams and UConn, SC should've secured a commitment from their "B" wing, whoever that was (Zarielle Green, Morgan Jones, Elizabeth Balogun, Rhyne Howard.. you name her, who cares.. SC should've got a commitment from one of these players even if they were still going after Williams), just in case. Roster space wasn't an issue at the time, we were shooting for a class of 4 or 5 last year. You had to know that there was a good chance Williams would choose UConn. So with all of that said, SC never really HAD Williams, she was always UConn's to lose and would've been a cherry on top for us. On the other hand, Nelson-Ododa was a huge missed opportunity for SC. SC definitely had Nelson-Ododa, she was ours to lose, and let her slip through their fingers.

But even with the lost of Nelson-Ododa, it still doesn't add up to the cumulative losses in recruiting that SC had to Louisville AND Ohio State AND Baylor. For instance, just an example of the ripple effects of recruiting over the years, If SC landed Mompremier in 2015 (Baylor), or Fuehring in 2015 (Louisville), or Ciera Johnson in 2016 (Louisville), or Tori McCoy in 2016 (Ohio State).. then missing out on Nelson-Ododa (UConn) or NaLyssa Smith (Baylor AGAIN) in 2018 wouldn't loom as large and we wouldn't have the proverbial hole (at least at the F/C spots) that you speak of.
Dorchester, nothing but love for you brother. I'm not saying you're wrong!! My point is as much as we win it doesn't matter.. We have had a lot great players in our program.. I have no idea who came in second and don't care.. We have won more than Louisville the past six years... My point about the second place finishes last is based on our current roster.. Losing Ododa and Williams put a ton of stress on what we need to do in the next month or so.. That's far more significant than who went to Louisville when our roster was chocked full of WNBA stars.. Just my opinion..
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #33
allnet43
Recruit
 
allnet43's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Sumter
Posts: 173
CockyCash: 500
allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

nm.......
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #34
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC
 
AmonRa777's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: greenwood sc
Posts: 3,767
CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4" center

Still scheduled to visit this upcoming weekend!!! Would be glorious to pull a recruiting coup with Aliyah Boston! Both UCONN and Notre Dame fans think she is theirs
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Provided by SLB Development