CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
carolina_corpsman
HotSoup
FurmanCock
Ironfan
Flameout12
rt3891
TAFC 5 1981
2k15
Captain9Dragons
Noon kickoff for Ole (760)
I'VE GOT SOMETHING T (610)
QB Play vs. WR Play (446)
Former USC Assistant (246)
Carolina Coliseum ph (105)
vBookie Request: Post Req
Gator Fan's Perspective o
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
QB Play vs. WR Play
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
Carolina Coliseum photos?
Noon kickoff for Ole Miss
The difference in our 5 s
Convince me these are all

Old 09-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material
Default 2019 G/F Gerald Drumgoole

Visiting USC this weekend. 6-5/6-6 195 or so wing.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 G/F Gerald Drumgoole

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Visiting USC this weekend. 6-5/6-6 195 or so wing.
How many wings do we need? We need a Center and PF's at some point. Who's going to protect the rim next year? Not one guy on our Roster can fill the void we will see when Silva leaves to this point.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
How many wings do we need? We need a Center and PF's at some point. Who's going to protect the rim next year? Not one guy on our Roster can fill the void we will see when Silva leaves to this point.
We're recruiting a center.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
We're recruiting a center.
Yeah I have heard a name but you need to bring in more than 1. When does FM ever get his first choice? I would say rarely. Might also be a good idea to let FM know to offer the 5 Star Legacy Center John Butler in the near future as well instead of leaving the door open to everyone else and we will be the last to offer as normal.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Yeah I have heard a name but you need to bring in more than 1. When does FM ever get his first choice? I would say rarely. Might also be a good idea to let FM know to offer the 5 Star Legacy Center John Butler in the near future as well instead of leaving the door open to everyone else and we will be the last to offer as normal.
Five post players in the program is plenty. That's what we have now.

Do you know that Frank has not offered Butler?
Old 09-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Five post players in the program is plenty. That's what we have now.

Do you know that Frank has not offered Butler?
Yes I do and tell me about the 5 post players that are rim protectors and can score outside of our Senior in Silva. I am not talking about warm bodies or nonathletic types.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Yes I do and tell me about the 5 post players that are rim protectors and can score outside of our Senior in Silva. I am not talking about warm bodies or nonathletic types.
You know Frank has not offered? How?

Which SEC teams have five post players that are rim protectors and can score?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #8
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21188
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I won't be as restrictive as USCBaseball in my criteria, but I pretty much run out of ideas after Kotsar (who will be a senior) and Cudd. Haase isn't a post player, and he needs to develop a lot defensively. Frink? He's got the weight but is only 6'6"; his future is on the blocks, but I wish he was 2-3" taller. Bryant? Could be a good defender, but he's still not proportioned like a post player (6'6", 185); maybe he'll grow into it, too. Levecque would certainly help, if we can get him, but I'd also like us to add another big body.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
You know Frank has not offered? How?

Which SEC teams have five post players that are rim protectors and can score?
About 75% of the SEC.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #10
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
About 75% of the SEC.
That's not true!! True rim protectors are the exception not the rule. Any team is fortunate to have two!
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
That's not true!! True rim protectors are the exception not the rule. Any team is fortunate to have two!
Its true.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #12
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
About 75% of the SEC.
Name the schools, and the players they have that are rim protectors who can score.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #13
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Not going to do a lot of homework but Mizzou has two in Mitchell Smith and Porter tho I never said two Centers needed to be athletic shot blockers but one is needed and Silva Graduates this year. Both Mizzou guys are athletic and 6"10/6'11. Alabama has Daniel Giddens to go along with a front line of guys that can jump and block shots. Have you heard of Austin Wiley of Auburn? Didn't think so. How about Ejike Obinna from Vandy. Did not even one player from UK. Not going to win with 6'5" post players that I can out jump I promise. Every Team has them and some more than one.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Name the schools, and the players they have that are rim protectors who can score.
Why don't you name the 5 good post players WE have.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #15
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Why don't you name the 5 good post players WE have.
You're the one who claimed that 75% of the SEC teams each have FIVE rim protectors who can score. So You are the one who has to prove you are correct.

The only thing I claimed was that five post players is enough. There won't be much playing time for more than that.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #16
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You're the one who claimed that 75% of the SEC teams each have FIVE rim protectors who can score. So You are the one who has to prove you are correct.

The only thing I claimed was that five post players is enough. There won't be much playing time for more than that.
Instead of worrying about what other teams have or don't have we should worry about what we don't have. In the end that's all that really matters.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #17
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
Instead of worrying about what other teams have or don't have we should worry about what we don't have. In the end that's all that really matters.
Worry about what we don't have? How is that going to help this team win?
Old 09-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #18
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Worry about what we don't have? How is that going to help this team win?
If I have to explain that then you're already to far gone.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #19
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
If I have to explain that then you're already to far gone.
I think I know what you mean. I'll start immediately to worry about us not having Larry Bird and Kareem. I don't know if we can win without them.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #20
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think I know what you mean. I'll start immediately to worry about us not having Larry Bird and Kareem. I don't know if we can win without them.

Maybe just ask for more than one or two starters who would start at the majority of other schools in the SEC?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote