CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
Wisercock
dreammachine
thumpin big
etowngangsta
carolinamyke
RGHoskins
LBC
PFW79
ConwayGamecock
Vote for Hilinski (696)
2020 men's basketbal (504)
2021 - Brock Vandagr (452)
2020 - Jay Stewart (429)
2020 - Dajeun Gibson (359)
The 2018 college foo (248)
From the "Not s (215)
Vote for Hillinski. (159)
Best Hash & Rice (58)
Christmas Gift For W (58)
'Influential Voices' Read
Best Hash & Rice -BBQ
Vote for Hilinski
2020 men's basketball rec
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
The "Cult of Frank&q
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Muschamp: Most wins in 1s
Muschamp's signature win
DJ Wonnum redshirt?

Old 09-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #81
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kelly Bryant transferring .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
What would y'alls opinion be if Dabo stopped Belk from transferring? Now that's 2 times he put a player first. They are some on here that didn't like Garcia getting the boot. It happens.

There's more to the Belk story than his mom was sick, and when lawyers got involved, that's when Clemson granted for clean leave.

As far as Garcia is concerned, I think he was ultimately set up by the previous administration that was not subtitle about their dislike for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #82
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
What would y'alls opinion be if Dabo stopped Belk from transferring? Now that's 2 times he put a player first. They are some on here that didn't like Garcia getting the boot. It happens.
Belks Attorney was hired for a reason. Dabo allowed the transfer AFTER he was hired because he new it was in Dabo's best interest. Also please tell Dabo since its obvious thats your guy that the fake Christian speech he gave came through just that way - fake.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #83
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
There's more to the Belk story than his mom was sick, and when lawyers got involved, that's when Clemson granted for clean leave.
There certainly is. Since this isn't in Smack, I won't go into it. But I will say that the signed papers included a no disclosure statement.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #84
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

All I need to know about this situation is right here ...

Jadar Johnson
Quote:
they talking bout scared of competition ? itís hard to compete with promises that was made b4 anybody even touched the field . Fans swear they analysts now
Woody Wommack
Quote:

Since the arrival of Trevor Lawrence at Clemson, the following quarterbacks have transferred

5* Hunter Johnson
4* Zerrick Cooper
4* Kelly Bryant
3* Tucker Isreal

4* Chase Brice is the only QB left on the roster from the pre-Trevor era
This tells me Lawrence was made all types of promises to commit to Clemson, so much so that apparently former players knew about it, and the other QBs found out so they went ahead and left. Bryant apparently believed that his tenure was enough to let him hold onto the job, at least for most of the season, or at least as the starter ... and nope.

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #85
CockNJersey
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

FWIW Finebaum said he doesn't see Bryant landing with a high Power 5 team. Says Hurts is the one everyone is waiting on.

Bryant's definitely not happy, and I see his side of it. But on Dabo's side, you gotta start whoever you think is the better player. Dabo probably should have just kept going with what he was doing. Starting Bryant and working Lawrence in. I think that Dabo did the right thing in letting Bryant know while he still has the opportunity to transfer, but he may have gotten enamored too quickly with the shiny new toy in Lawrence.

He may have also been spooked into starting Lawrence because they play at Syracuse this weekend and the presumption among the Clemson fans that they are going to need to score a bunch of points. Lawrence certainly has all the tools so we'll see.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #86
miketrain
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
miketrain has hatched from the shell

This is absolute BS. Bryant deserves the top spot until he loses it.

All these former players defending Dabo smells like they were told to back Clemson.
miketrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #87
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
FWIW Finebaum said he doesn't see Bryant landing with a high Power 5 team. Says Hurts is the one everyone is waiting on.

Bryant's definitely not happy, and I see his side of it. But on Dabo's side, you gotta start whoever you think is the better player. Dabo probably should have just kept going with what he was doing. Starting Bryant and working Lawrence in. I think that Dabo did the right thing in letting Bryant know while he still has the opportunity to transfer, but he may have gotten enamored too quickly with the shiny new toy in Lawrence.

He may have also been spooked into starting Lawrence because they play at Syracuse this weekend and the presumption among the Clemson fans that they are going to need to score a bunch of points. Lawrence certainly has all the tools so we'll see.
They play Syracuse at home. But I still think they'll probably need to score a lot, like 14 points. That elite Syracuse offense is no joke.
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #88
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketrain View Post
This is absolute BS. Bryant deserves the top spot until he loses it.

All these former players defending Dabo smells like they were told to back Clemson.
Not all former players. See my above post, some are coming about talking about promises being made before practice even started.

I have no problem with playing the best player whoever it is. That's how you win ball games. I have a problem when politics come into play and one guy stayed in your program for this moment, but another was a higher recruit so you made all these promises to him for him to commit ... then he gets the job because your schedule is so weak you can.

I can promise you, if Clemson was in the SEC Trevor Lawrence would not be the starting QB.

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #89
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 72000000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

I looked at the 2018 stats for each. Bryant had 120 yds rushing in 4 games while Trevor had 24 yds.
Will this apparent lack of ability to scramble for net + yards at the QB slot take a toll on Clemson's W/L record.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #90
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketrain View Post
Go look at Tucker Isreal's twitter feed.

FWIW, I don't HAVE twitter, but t-net posted up a bunch of tweets.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #91
PFW79
Bowl MVP

Male

PFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Not all former players. See my above post, some are coming about talking about promises being made before practice even started.

I have no problem with playing the best player whoever it is. That's how you win ball games. I have a problem when politics come into play and one guy stayed in your program for this moment, but another was a higher recruit so you made all these promises to him for him to commit ... then he gets the job because your schedule is so weak you can.

I can promise you, if Clemson was in the SEC Trevor Lawrence would not be the starting QB.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...start-saturday

Quote:
ATHENS — Jacob Eason will get his first start as Georgia’s quarterback this Saturday against Nicholls State, people with knowledge of the situation confirmed to DawgNation on Thursday.

Eason will become the first true freshman to start at quarterback for the Bulldogs since Matthew Stafford in 2006. He played extensively in a reserve role behind fifth-year senior Greyson Lambert last Saturday in Georgia’s 33-24, season-opening win against North Carolina.
PFW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #92
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Kids transfer all the time. He is going to find a place he can play. You call it whatever you want but saying he quit is bs.

This isn't the same thing as players transferring after or before the season. And with the new redshirt rule, this particular kind of incident is going to become more common, I feel like. Again, transfer, quit, redshirt, refuse to play...it's all ultimately the same thing: He wasn't starting, didn't like it, and isn't playing anymore for Clemson. What he was promised or how he felt slighted doesn't matter. I'm not saying it is right or not, but that's how it is.

Moving on---I pray that this is the day that we can circle five years from now as the tipping point from Clemson's rise. QB is such a hard position to nail down. If Trevor isn't the answer, the don't have any other options at this point.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #93
Curt Geezus
Retiring at 4,000

Male

CockyCash: 101252
Curt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot material

Anyone blaming Dabo...why wouldn't he play the best player? Why would he do something that doesn't give his team the best chance to win a championship?

A lot of people, including Bryant, have said that he didn't do anything to lose the job. I guess it just depends on how you view it. You don't have to lose a job to have someone jump you on the depth chart, the 2nd string guy can win it from you. Bryant did a good job as the starter but if Clemson has any dreams of trying to win a national title this season then they are going to have to throw the ball on an elite level. They can't compete with Alabama physically and beat them with a rushing attack.

I don't blame Bryant for leaving or think he did anything wrong, although I wish he would have hung around.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #94
PFW79
Bowl MVP

Male

PFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudlyPFW79 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
I looked at the 2018 stats for each. Bryant had 120 yds rushing in 4 games while Trevor had 24 yds.
Will this apparent lack of ability to scramble for net + yards at the QB slot take a toll on Clemson's W/L record.
I think Clemson fans are more excited about Lawrence's ability to escape and throw a 40 yard bomb than his ability to pick up 5-6 yards.

Last year Bryant had 1106 yards, 9 total TDs, 2 Ints, in 175 action plays (44/game)
This year Lawrence has 631 yards, 9 total TDs, 2 ints, in 70 action plays (17.5/game).

That is almost a 50% increase in yards/play in Lawrence vs Bryant (9 yards vs 6.3).

Bryant only had 2 games last year where he had more than 300 total yards (Kent State @ 313 and Louisville @342). I think it's reasonable to expect that Lawrence will break 300 total yards in his first 2 games as a starter.

Bryant never had more than 3 TDs in a game. Lawrence had 4 TD last week coming off the bench in the 2nd quarter.
PFW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #95
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Geezus View Post
Anyone blaming Dabo...why wouldn't he play the best player? Why would he do something that doesn't give his team the best chance to win a championship?

A lot of people, including Bryant, have said that he didn't do anything to lose the job. I guess it just depends on how you view it. You don't have to lose a job to have someone jump you on the depth chart, the 2nd string guy can win it from you. Bryant did a good job as the starter but if Clemson has any dreams of trying to win a national title this season then they are going to have to throw the ball on an elite level. They can't compete with Alabama physically and beat them with a rushing attack.

I don't blame Bryant for leaving or think he did anything wrong, although I wish he would have hung around.
If they're going to stay on the field with Bama they better let TL throw it more than 21 times.

I have no issue with what Dabo did or the minor fall out over it. But to say TL gives them a better shot at a National Championship is very very premature. He'll have a shot to earn it one day. But GT and Syracuse are not even remotely comparable to Bama Georgia Oklahoma ECT.

I'm not sure they even win the A&M game with out Bryant. We all saw what Bama did to them. It was a laughing stock.
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #96
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 1500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Geezus View Post

Absolutely correct!
Old 09-26-2018, 05:16 PM   #97
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba55nec4r View Post
If they're going to stay on the field with Bama they better let TL throw it more than 21 times.

I have no issue with what Dabo did or the minor fall out over it. But to say TL gives them a better shot at a National Championship is very very premature. He'll have a shot to earn it one day. But GT and Syracuse are not even remotely comparable to Bama Georgia Oklahoma ECT.

I'm not sure they even win the A&M game with out Bryant. We all saw what Bama did to them. It was a laughing stock.
Exactly what I said in the smack thread. Beating Furman, Ga Southern, and GT, a long way from competing and beating high level teams. We don't know yet if TL is that good. I would say we're about to find out but not with Clemson's schedule.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #98
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

For those of us that haven't seen him play...Is Trevor Lawrence anywhere near the athlete that Kelly Bryant is?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #99
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

Shouldn’t be too much pressure on the new guy now, right?
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #100
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
For those of us that haven't seen him play...Is Trevor Lawrence anywhere near the athlete that Kelly Bryant is?
Pure athleticism...no. KB wins there.

Is he a better QB? Yes. TL runs circles around KB as a quarterback.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote