CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
rt3891
SanAntonioCock
RGHoskins
kick_ball
LBC
Songs You Like...But (223)
Last Chance U Season (161)
On average, doctors (155)
2019 - Jaylen McCollough
2019 - Jaquaze Sorrells
WBB Transfers
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 - Travon Walker
2019 - Jammie Robinson
We Can Beat Them
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
2019 - Kamren McCray
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem

Old 01-03-2018, 07:27 PM   #21
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Inflated Ego of UCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
And the rest of the country laughs at you and tells you to suck it back.

Seriously, the point of being in the NCAA is to win an NCAA Title. Creating your own is childish and wreaks of everyone getting a participation ribbon.

UCF is quickly going from being respected as a tough team to being the laughing stock of college football for this season.
So a 13-0 team that just beat Auburn is getting laughed at. Not by me. But then again I'm not an SEC robot.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #22
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Yes, a team proclaiming themselves National Champions because they beat ONE team in the top 25 strength of schedule, is being laughed at.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #23
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes, a team proclaiming themselves National Champions because they beat ONE team in the top 25 strength of schedule, is being laughed at.
If Bama had the same schedule they would of also gone 13-0. Would they not have made the playoffs? Their schedule was shit as well by the way.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #24
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Hold on, I'm too busy proclaiming myself the next OC of USC to read your reply.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #25
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Quote:
The CFP was never set up to concern itself with non-Power 5 teams with SOS's in the 70's, regardless of their record.

Also saw an interesting chart that showed the 4 actual CFP teams and then UCF. It went something like this:

Teams vs top 25 Strength of Schedule teams.
Clemson - 6 wins
Bama - 4 wins
UGA - 4 wins
Oklahoma - 3 or 4 wins, can't remember exactly

UCF - 1 win

It also showed their own strength of schedule and UCF is in the 70's..... sorry, but sucky schedules suck.
Rationally, I agree... but the tone of some in this thread is such that it isn't even a close call. I disagree about that since I'm fairly split on it. In the end, it meant that Alabama would have been knocked out and we all know Alabama would have kicked their tail. However, I think Scott Frost had a point in that they were walked down the ranking system a bit at #12.

Last edited by Absfract; 01-03-2018 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: sp
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #26
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

I deflect as well when my opinion is short sighted
Old 01-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #27
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Rationally, I agree... but the tone of some in this thread is such that it isn't even a close call. I disagree about that since I'm fairly split on it. In the end, it meant that Alabama would have been knocked out and we all know Alabama would have kicked their tail. However, I think Scott Frost had a point in that they were walked down the ranking system a bit at #12.
Funny thing is, people don't even realize that even if the playoffs were 6 team (my prefernce) or 8 team (most people's preference), UCF still would have been left out.

THEN I would have said they had a reason to complain.... but top 4? Um, not hardly.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #28
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

Quote:
Rationally, I agree... but the tone of some in this thread is such that it isn't even a close call. I disagree about that since I'm fairly split on it. In the end, if it meant that Alabama would have been knocked out and we all know Alabama would have kicked their tail. However, I think Scott Frost had a point in that they were walked down the ranking system a bit at #12.
We can't know if Alabama would of beat them, we don't have the chance to see. The schedule is not their fault, no way for them to know they were going 13-0 and would need to beef up their schedule with teams that probably wouldn't play them anyways. The system fails again but because it's two Sec teams nobody wants to acknowledge that this is still the only sport where such a thing could happen. College football is still a broken sport and it sucks because we love it.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #29
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

Quote:
Funny thing is, people don't even realize that even if the playoffs were 6 team (my prefernce) or 8 team (most people's preference), UCF still would have been left out.

THEN I would have said they had a reason to complain.... but top 4? Um, not hardly.
Would UCF faired any worse than Clemson against Bama? And they were the #1 seed.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:07 PM   #30
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
We can't know if Alabama would of beat them, we don't have the chance to see. The schedule is not their fault, no way for them to know they were going 13-0 and would need to beef up their schedule with teams that probably wouldn't play them anyways. The system fails again but because it's two Sec teams nobody wants to acknowledge that this is still the only sport where such a thing could happen. College football is still a broken sport and it sucks because we love it.
OK, let me qualify... if the Alabama team that we saw this past weekend trots on the field... I'm 99% sure that they get wrecked.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #31
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

Quote:
OK, let me qualify... if the Alabama team that we saw this past weekend trots on the field... I'm 99% sure that they get wrecked.
You mean just like the #1 seed in the playoffs? yes I agree but that is still just an opinion and not fact. .my point is them not having a chance to prove that makes the whole sport look downright silly from an objective point of view.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #32
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

So what?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #33
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
You mean just like the #1 seed in the playoffs? yes I agree but that is still just an opinion and not fact. .my point is them not having a chance to prove that makes the whole sport look downright silly from an objective point of view.
You know darn well that Bama and Nick Saban with a month to rest up and prepare for ucf would beat the living h679l out of them. Man and if you don't you don't watch college football and don't belong in this discussion what a joke.

Ucf beat a team in allbarn who thought they could sleep walk and beat them go back and watch malzahan and his players demeanor. They were like this won't last long whether the storm they will tire they are ucf. They might not have even watched tape 2 or 3 times on this team just thought they could out talent them. Ucf had much more to prove than allbarn and would lose to those tiggers 2/3 times.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #34
scfanz
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5000
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Quote:
So a 13-0 team that just beat Auburn is getting laughed at. Not by me. But then again I'm not an SEC robot.
Who did UCF play besides Albarn??

Last edited by scfanz; 01-03-2018 at 09:22 PM..
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #35
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly

Quote:
There were all-SEC finals in Women's Basketball, Baseball, and Football this year.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCJAM View Post
There were all-SEC finals in Women's Basketball, Baseball, and Football this year.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #37
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 8400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
Who did UCF play besides Albarn??
Their chest thumping fans are touting USF, Memphis, and Navy as their other marquee wins this season because they were ranked at the time.

National champs? Gimme a break. Auburn lost a lot of steam at the end of the season and didn't perform like the same team that wrecked UGA & Bama on their home turf. Hanging their "national championship" hat on one win over a conference's 3rd/4th best team is asinine.

All that said, I hope UCF's celebration puts pressure on them to bump it up to 8. Rather than letting a committee decide the top 8 and letting politics slip into the equation, they should give all P5 champs a spot, the top ranked G5 team a spot, and 2 at-large spots. I can't think of a system that's more fair and gives everyone in the country a reason to watch.
nin_usc_freak92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #38
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
Their chest thumping fans are touting USF, Memphis, and Navy as their other marquee wins this season because they were ranked at the time.

National champs? Gimme a break. Auburn lost a lot of steam at the end of the season and didn't perform like the same team that wrecked UGA & Bama on their home turf. Hanging their "national championship" hat on one win over a conference's 3rd/4th best team is asinine.

All that said, I hope UCF's celebration puts pressure on them to bump it up to 8. Rather than letting a committee decide the top 8 and letting politics slip into the equation, they should give all P5 champs a spot, the top ranked G5 team a spot, and 2 at-large spots. I can't think of a system that's more fair and gives everyone in the country a reason to watch.
It's dumb for UCF, but it's also important for their program so I get it. Those kids busted their asses and went undefeated and were essentially robbed of a chance to try their luck. Clearly, all the top four teams deserved to be there, but so does UCF. I'd love to see an 8 team playoff, first round the week after conference championships, and drop a non-conference game during the year or keep allowing teams to schedule div 2 opponents that week (essentially a bye week).

And let's be real, not too long about we got rings for getting 11 wins without a conference title or even a BCS games.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #39
PFW79
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
PFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Meanwhile....

Clemson has been pounding their chest about being #1 in the playoff rankings and talking about being ranked in the Top Four at the end of the season - despite being shown up by Alabama. And bragging about being in the Preseason Top Ten.

Back to normal in Taterville - preseason and recruiting titles will be their claim to fame.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Dabo is a PR consultant for UCF? The move seems awfully Daboish.
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Talk about a sharp right turn from the OP
PFW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #40
PFW79
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
PFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his comb

Urban Meyer didn’t do this when Utah went undefeated...and that dude whines about everything. That should tell you something
PFW79 is offline   Reply With Quote