CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
rt3891
MountainCock
Three and Out
Order 66
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
gotrice?
Pats - Jags Game Fix (1358)
South Carolina Gamec (937)
Football Recruiting (720)
Breaking down the Ga (581)
All (half) Decade te (480)
I had a dream last n (403)
2018 Spring Scrimmag (271)
2021 - Quenton Barne (205)
2018 SEC Pre-Spring (204)
ROKU (111)
2018 Spring Scrimmages
Stephen Gilmore
PODCAST: The Spurs Up Sho
Football Recruiting - Top
How Many 247- 4 Stars in
The 2018 Big Dance Thread
What does Frank need for
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
Pats - Jags Game Fixed Co
Breaking down the Gamecoc

Old 01-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Who to pull for tonight? Bama vs Georgia

I've been thinking about this for a week now and I can't decide which team to pull for tonight.

Reasons why I want them to win...

UGA: SEC East team, someone different other than Bama, other schools can't say SEC is a one team league

BAMA: Can't bear the thought of our two closest Rivals (Clemson and UGA) winning back-to-back National Titles, UGA already killing it in recruiting a national championship would only help them there.

Then I ask myself, Who are Clemson fans pulling for? I'll just pick the opposite. lol I'd imagine Clemson fans are rooting for Bama since they got beat by them.

Just curious who everyone WANTS to win this game tonight.

I think Bama will win it, just not sure who I want to win.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who to pull for tonight? Bama vs Georgia

Sick of Bama. Pulling for Dawgs.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
GamecockTilIdie
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 697
GamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPit

No real preference on this one. I like both Saban, and Smart. Just looking forward to some Jack, steak, and one last college football game.
GamecockTilIdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6800
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

I’m conflicted but figured Bama winning doesn’t affect our recruitings as much as UGA winning. Also, I don’t think Smart is as good as it appears but just that he was left a title caliber roster that was used to winning 9-11 games a year.

Last edited by Lalli25; 01-08-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 11000
gamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPit

No real preference, just happy about who is NOT in it!
Old 01-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
Lankey62
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3218
Lankey62 has earned his spursLankey62 has earned his spursLankey62 has earned his spursLankey62 has earned his spursLankey62 has earned his spursLankey62 has earned his spurs

I'm just happy Dabo is watching this game from the couch like the rest of us!
Lankey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I have to say Bama. To think that Clemson and UGA could win in back to back years is too much.

UGA winning affects us more than Bama.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #8
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 4000
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
Sick of Bama. Pulling for Dawgs.
Me too
Old 01-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #9
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13662
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Clemson fans are pulling for Bama. One, that is their Daddy - the school that they have emulated and copied - and where all of their coaches come from. Two, it would make their butt-whuppin' a tad less embarrassing. Three, they compete against UGA in recruiting more than Alabama.

I normally like Alabama better, but I might have just talked myself into pulling for UGA. That will make it that much sweeter when we beat them in 2018.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #10
greatwhitecock
Supports Open Carry

Male

CockyCash: 91189162
greatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPitgreatwhitecock rules the CockPit

I'd rather have Georgia win to give the SEC East some credibility again. Georgia will recruit well whether they win it or not. I also think Georgia having success hurts clemsin more than USC. They fight over highly rated players while muschamp evaluates, finds lower rated or off the radar kids and developes them while grabbing a high ranked player here and there. In fact, I think Kirby at Georgia is the beginning of the end for Saban too. Time for the media to start harping on him about retirement the way they did SOS lol
Old 01-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Don't care who wins. All I know is that all the football gurus, and sports experts
were wanting to see a matchup with Clemson and Oklahoma tonight when
Notre Dame, OSU or So Cal didn't make the playoffs. They wanted ANYBODY
Except an SEC team to win this year. Not crazy about Alabama and Definitely
don't like UGA, but it'll be a fun game to watch as a neutral party, and I'll giggle
everytime I think about the "Experts" making comments as to why neither
of these teams should be in this game.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Tough to see your two biggest rivals win the natty each in two years, but my money is on Georgia for better odds.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #13
FilchCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
FilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot material

Can't bring myself to pull for Georgia.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #14
BringBackGarcia
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talons

UGA.

1. I know they're 'rivals' in the east, but personally have been fond of them. I like Coach Richt at lot, I like the city of Athens, and I think for the most part they have high character kind of players. Their fans maybe obnoxious but for the most part it's just good fun.

2. Bama doesn't need to win anymore.

3. Recruiting really doesn't impact us that much at this juncture. The only thing UGA winning a championship will do is keep the kids from Georgia who were deciding between them and Alabama or Clemson or LSU to stay at Georgia.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 48100000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Bama, the only reason to pull for UGA in anything is if they are playing clemson or it will help us in some way. This game offers neither of those scenarios.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #16
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94820
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Bama

It's illogical to pull for georgia. Why would anyone want one of our closest competitors georaphically, who we recruit against yearly, and who has a young coach like ours, who got the HC job the same year our Coach did, in the same SEC division, to have a Natty before our Muschamp? How would that help us?
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #17
Gamecockman12
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 7200
Gamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot material

Bama.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #18
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Who the hell would root for UGA?
Old 01-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #19
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

GO DAWGS!!!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Who the hell would root for UGA?
My grandmother had degrees from both Carolina and UGa. Granddaddy gave me her gold bulldog charm the day we buried her. I wear it with my Gamecock/SC whenever we play them, and I'm wearing the bulldog today, along with my red sweater and black pants.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote