CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
TaySC
carolina_corpsman
xXSirSpurXx
kick_ball
ConwayGamecock
catdaddy66
FurmanCock
Spurticus
rt3891
2020 Commitment - Ty (1110)
Gamecocks win Palmet (341)
**GAME #3 USC (22-17 (324)
Hey Y'all...Vern Tro (248)
*** Softball 2018 season
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
**GAME #3 USC (22-17) vs.
2020 Commitment - Tyshawn
***Green Green Grass Of H
2019 - Savion Jackson
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
Dakereon Joyners' speed..
Gamecocks win Palmetto Se
Spursup Cookout Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #21
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who to pull for tonight? Bama vs Georgia

While I hate UGA, we played them this year and put up a fight. We made them nervous for most of the game, so it would be cool to see them win it all.

For one thing, it would cement Georgia as better than Bama, which would stop all the taters from saying that we live through Bama's success. Spread the national champion around to different SEC teams, and we'll look stronger.

Also, Bama wins all the time. I have family who are UGA fans, so hoping some of the younger ones get to see them win a natty in their lifetime.

Also, we play UGA next year early, and we'll both be likely undefeated. If we want to start the year off right next year, it would be nice to take down the national champions of last year.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #22
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Bama

It's illogical to pull for georgia. Why would anyone want one of our closest competitors georaphically, who we recruit against yearly, and who has a young coach like ours, who got the HC job the same year our Coach did, in the same SEC division, to have a Natty before our Muschamp? How would that help us?
This guy gets it. You'd be crazy to want UGA to recruit with a NC. We already have enough to compete with Clemson just up the road. Revoke CT memberships of everyone pulling for UGA.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #23
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Bama

It's illogical to pull for georgia. Why would anyone want one of our closest competitors georaphically, who we recruit against yearly, and who has a young coach like ours, who got the HC job the same year our Coach did, in the same SEC division, to have a Natty before our Muschamp? How would that help us?
Yeah this is kind of my thinking too. If Bama wins it will just be another Bama NC to add to the other 10-15 they already have.

IF UGA wins it's another close rival that we battle for with recruits and play every year that just won the NC.

So I have a slight pull for Bama, but in the grand scheme either is much better then the taters again.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
Gamecocks0197
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I'm sick of Bama, but I can't convince myself to pull for Georgia. I think they are our #2 rival besides Clemson, and we are constantly in recruiting battles with them. Like Clemson, a national championship for Georgia only gives them an additional advantage in recruiting.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #25
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 13001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I'm pulling for the Ghost of General Sherman to rise from the dead and burn Atlanta to the ground, again...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #26
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2700000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Bama,because it would hurt our recruiting if UGA wins.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #27
gamecockfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4995300
gamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

I'm pulling for the Dawgs of course since I have family and friends from UGA and I've always been a secondary Dawg lol. I've got my Red Georgia Polo on at work today. It's funny because it pisses off all of the Florida fans at my office lmfao which just makes it sweeter knowing they got their asses beat by us and UGA. Go dawgs tonight!
Old 01-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #28
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Never thought I would say it but I think I am pulling for uga tonight. They are going to recruit well regardless so that is a moot point imo. Time to start shifting some of the power back to the east. And I still think playing national championship caliber teams every year should help SC recruiting. It would not hurt my feelings if they got ran off the field though
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #29
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I dont think it would do much of anything for recruiting based on whoever wins. Both teams recruit at a higher level than we do. I dont think that is open for debate.

If UGA doesnt win, they can easily sell that they are so close and they have a coach that gets them there. If they win, they can say they won.

That said, I dont think UGA wins. Bama D too much for Fromm and they find a way to contain Chubb and Michel.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #30
86 GradCock
Spring Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2290
86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material

I'm pulling for the Dawgs because my daughter is in her freshman year at UGA.

Also, the last time GA and Clemson won national championships was in the early 80's. A couple of years after that, Carolina came the closest to winning one in program history. Here's to history repeating but without our loss to Navy!
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #31
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

ROLL TIDE!!!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #32
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 17185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Don't want Georgia to win. I live on the border, and I'll have to hear about it until next season...
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #33
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I have to say Bama. To think that Clemson and UGA could win in back to back years is too much.

UGA winning affects us more than Bama.

THIS!!!
Old 01-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #34
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244547729341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
GO DAWGS!!!
I hate to say it, but I am on board with this...
Old 01-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #35
FilchCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
FilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot material

Upon further consideration, I can't conceive of a legitimate reason to root for the Athenian mutts.

To hell with Georgia.....Piss on them dawgs.

Last edited by FilchCock; 01-08-2018 at 02:49 PM..
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #36
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
I'm pulling for the Dawgs because my daughter is in her freshman year at UGA.

Also, the last time GA and Clemson won national championships was in the early 80's. A couple of years after that, Carolina came the closest to winning one in program history. Here's to history repeating but without our loss to Navy!

Do we play Navy anytime in the next 5 years? if so, please remove.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #37
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

IMO, it really doesn't matter. Alabama will be Alabama, so win or lose does nothing. UGA is more of a recruiting threat, but they've already "won" so to speak by getting to the game, so losing there doesn't really do much for us. I'm hoping that UGA will experience a letdown next season after losing so much veteran leaders, and think that will benefit us more than them losing tonight will, if it happens...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #38
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I don't think a natty will affect UGAs recruiting too much...they are already pulling in athletes.

With that said, Bama.

Clemson has been bad enough....not sure I could handle UGA fans chest thumping.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #39
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8949643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Hope it is a close game .. bama will prob win but I don't care either way

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #40
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 8400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Sick of Bama/Saban dominance. Winning the natty and making the natty are tit-for-tat, recruiting wise. UGA will have momentum there regardless of tonight's outcome.

For the sake of respect in the SEC East and seeing Saban upset again - UGA.