CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
carolina_corpsman
Lancelot
ShutTheSuccop
rt3891
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
2000grad
PFW79
sc455
New claim from LaVar (625)
Sad day at Casa on t (564)
Good interview with (492)
2021 - WBB - Hollywo (310)
E$PN SEC preseason p (299)
Please explain: Litt (296)
SEC Network takeover (194)
after a dog or cat d (38)
E$PN SEC preseason power
Danny Sheridan: No way U
Good interview with Sterl
2019 - Kamren McCray
Athletic finances for 201
SEC Network takeover July
New claim from LaVar Ball
2019 - SF - Juwan Gary (M
Binchotan Japanese charco
2019 - Travon Walker

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #41
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hyams says Mclendon gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Well I'm at least glad that has been settled. I always wanted him to stay just wasn't fully sold on full-time OC position. Yeah yeah I want my cake and to eat it too, but it's bc he's one of the good guys.
Settled?
Old 01-04-2018, 03:15 AM   #42
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4400000261
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Possibly the endowment effect or confirmation bias. You want the gamecocks to be good so you look for confirming evidence, plus he's already here so you're somewhat invested in his success.
Scott Adams fan too?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:05 AM   #43
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Settled?
That he's staying, yes.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #44
Igloogigoloo
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25000280
Igloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudlyIgloogigoloo is crowing loudly

The one thing people never seem to mention about BMac where referencing how bad the first half was, is that this was his first time calling plays, maybe his first time in the booth as well. I am sure that takes some time to get into a rhythm. That is one of the reasons I believe the second half was better. I am sure he started feeling more comfortable as well. I don't know how well things will go I'd he gets the position, but I wouldn't mind seeing him call another game with the experience he gained from this one. I believe this hire is high risk, high reward if it works.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #45
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Do yall remember what happen when we were beating klempzuns brains out and putting 4 in a row on their asses. Two differnt things happend after the 4th straight win...1. Datz5 was told he had 2 years to get his program where they wanted it or he was gone. 2. He was given a fat check book to go buy coordinators that were at the top of everyones list.
If our university and athletics department is committed to building a championship program #2 in the klempzun scenerio should happen. We have the money and we have the HC and Dcoord in place so finding a great Ocord should not be a big deal.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #46
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igloogigoloo View Post
The one thing people never seem to mention about BMac where referencing how bad the first half was, is that this was his first time calling plays, maybe his first time in the booth as well. I am sure that takes some time to get into a rhythm. That is one of the reasons I believe the second half was better. I am sure he started feeling more comfortable as well. I don't know how well things will go I'd he gets the position, but I wouldn't mind seeing him call another game with the experience he gained from this one. I believe this hire is high risk, high reward if it works.
When you are playing elite teams the ability to make adjustments is what sets the good ones apart
Old 01-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #47
Dizzy01
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10900
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Do yall remember what happen when we were beating klempzuns brains out and putting 4 in a row on their asses. Two differnt things happend after the 4th straight win...1. Datz5 was told he had 2 years to get his program where they wanted it or he was gone. 2. He was given a fat check book to go buy coordinators that were at the top of everyones list.
If our university and athletics department is committed to building a championship program #2 in the klempzun scenerio should happen. We have the money and we have the HC and Dcoord in place so finding a great Ocord should not be a big deal.
Can we add #3 when coaching vacancies opened up on our staff they were filled with convenience and not with best available and we all know how that worked out.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #48
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...binson-coaches

All staying.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #49
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Heck, I'd hire him as OC just because we used none or very few WR screens (I missed a few minutes of the 2nd quarter) in the Outback Bowl. Absolutely hate that play and that seemed to be the only one Roper knew.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #50
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

I find it insane we're holding on to everyone. T-Rob and McClendon are so important to us having a great year next year.

Go ahead and give TRob a huge raise and promote McClendon to OC. These guys know what they're doing, we need them.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #51
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Heck, I'd hire him as OC just because we used none or very few WR screens (I missed a few minutes of the 2nd quarter) in the Outback Bowl. Absolutely hate that play and that seemed to be the only one Roper knew.
He actually called a few screens and at least one of them got decent yards (think one was to Shi and one to Ortre that couldn't hang on to). This was when they were pretty much meeting Bentley at the snap so I was glad to see him doing something to deal with the rush
Old 01-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #52
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
He actually called a few screens and at least one of them got decent yards (think one was to Shi and one to Ortre that couldn't hang on to). This was when they were pretty much meeting Bentley at the snap so I was glad to see him doing something to deal with the rush
There were a couple receiver screens that gained yards and a couple RB screens that gained a bunch of yards.

BMac's playcalling improved throughout the game. It seemed that, mid-third quarter, he started to be able to predict what the defense was going to do and called the right plays to counter their blitz and their man coverage. The end of the 3rd and the 4th were the best play calling I've seen all year.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #53
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
There were a couple receiver screens that gained yards and a couple RB screens that gained a bunch of yards.

BMac's playcalling improved throughout the game. It seemed that, mid-third quarter, he started to be able to predict what the defense was going to do and called the right plays to counter their blitz and their man coverage. The end of the 3rd and the 4th were the best play calling I've seen all year.
Yea I am with you. After one play call they showed him in the booth and he had the look like someone who was in attack mode. I can't think of one game where we saw any meaningful adjustments against a good defense under Roper, not piling on the guy...just stating.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #54
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPitnellanaesp rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Yea I am with you. After one play call they showed him in the booth and he had the look like someone who was in attack mode. I can't think of one game where we saw any meaningful adjustments against a good defense under Roper, not piling on the guy...just stating.
Exactly. One of the biggest gripes I've had with Roper is that he didn't have any in-game adjustment capability. He just kept going with the same things, over and over, in hopes that they would suddenly work. A good OC looks at what the defense has done and is doing and plans the game based on that (which Roper probably did) and adjusts in game when something's not working. It seemed like, once the defense figured out how to stop us, he didn't change anything. The biggest evidence was in both of the Clemson games from the past two years.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #55
uscgmck
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Could someone please clarify this for us?
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #56
GSC2013
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
First time calling plays AND first time the players have run his tempo strategy. Combined with us facing the #3 defense in America....and we put up 23 points. Not bad.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #57
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
The second half had a lot to do with a running back UM knew nothing about coming in on fire his name is Rico Dowdle.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #58
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Could someone please clarify this for us?
Hyams is not a reputable source.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:54 PM   #59
garnetmike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20200
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Hyams is not a reputable source.
Hyams <= My nephew - haha

Or an ex-coach’s wife who had no clue the ax was coming. Nobody gets it right all the time.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #60
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 93200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
And he ended up winning a national championship with two co-offensive coordinators that got paid six figures each. A seven figure sallary is not needed to win a national championshp. Dabo had to drop those figures because he's less an x's o's guy more manager. Muschamp is not.
Closed Thread