CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
TKE226
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
rabid cock
aftertwobowls
Cockygaming
GamecockInHell
tdevildog1986
Greyrooster
Clemson (2671)
That was Jake’s best (1600)
Ugliest uniforms aro (932)
First for everything (929)
What Phases of Our G (895)
Bowl Talk.... (862)
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or A (820)
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (814)
Cooler and crock pot (786)
Gamecocks Ranked 28t (527)
Gamecocks Ranked 28th in
Clemson
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or Any Ot
Raise For Champ
**USC Women (3-0) vs. Wof
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Bowl Talk....
NFL: EAGLES @ COWBOYS Sun
Will USC Score >21 vs

Old 11-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #21
crockcock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Nike Uniform Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
So I'm in the group that wants to ditch UA and get our gear under Nike; various reasons behind that.

Anyhow, I hope if we DO rebrand under another coach- this is slightly the vision I see for us.

Simplistic in design and dark in use of color- really push the garnet and black as the dominant colors on our uniforms. Take the helmets to a matte/eggshell sheen and go garnet. Single stripe as a nod to our past uniforms but minimal striping otherwise.

Went with "Gamecocks" for our home tops (garnet/black) and "Carolina" to represent on the road. Another nod to our previous uniforms of the 80's and early 90's.

Included home, away, fireant, stormtrooper, and a black alternate top.

Anyhow, nothing drastic but something to look at during the impending offseason. Think I'm going to play around some more with a totally crazy direction next post.

I love the helmets. Also, we should definitely like to see alternate uniforms and helmets next year....the kids love it i think.
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #22
Mookie9
Recruit

Male

Mookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spurs

Cola, I always like your stuff. I am on the Sports Logos website, as well.

I think I may be over the striping as well. I don't, however, like the black collar on garnet jerseys. I think it looks strange on the helmet too. I always think white complements it better.

What is wrong with the old garnet helmets, with the white circle? I think it is a bit tough to see the Block C. I think white could help that out too.

I love the idea of having "Gamecocks" on the homes.

Last edited by Mookie9; 11-25-2015 at 12:11 PM..
Mookie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #23
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I like the basic look of these, CC. I started a thread asking some folks to come up with some concept helmets using the claw/spur logo that might look like SC, but it was a bad idea. After messing around with some images (I am not a graphic artist at all, so I use MS Paint) I found that the all garnet claw and spur that is already an official logo that isn't used looks pretty good with a white helmet as long as the logo is pretty large, almost oversized.

Do you think you could work with that logo in different colors to see how it would look on helmets of various colors (probably would need to lose the stripes) and then work it in with some of these uniform combos?

Last edited by kingoftheroost; 11-25-2015 at 01:53 PM..
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #24
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 74000
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
We should go against the grain and have Puma make our uni's.
Crushed garnet velvet for the win
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #25
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Love these Cola. Huge fan of the return to the garnet helmet and doing away with the triple stripe.

I do think they're more traditional than what Nike would actually design for us.
Thanks man, and yes they are admittedly on the traditional side but I think that look is best and stands the test of time. I'm going to sit down later and get a little crazy with a new design in a different direction.

I still like the garnet helmet and think if the logo was increased with a slightly larger white outline (as shown), it would really pop and look great.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #26
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie9 View Post
What is wrong with the old garnet helmets, with the white circle? I think it is a bit tough to see the Block C. I think white could help that out too
I always thought the white circle was quite odd and seemed a bit pointless. I think the logo could be distinguished by enlargement and a thicker white outline.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #27
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 74000
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I always thought the white circle was quite odd and seemed a bit pointless. I think the logo could be distinguished by enlargement and a thicker white outline.
I was gonna ask could you do a white block c. Just so I could see it
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #28
crockcock
Banned

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I was gonna ask could you do a white block c. Just so I could see it
Somebody on here posted a picture of the block C with the university of south carolina, gamecocks in small letters in the back ground....in garnet I think...but very very sharp!
Old 11-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #29
Gamecock23
Recruit

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 1st place 2007 Bowl Winner 
CockyCash: 0
Gamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spurs

This is still my favorite!

Gamecock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #30
Gamecock23
Recruit

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 1st place 2007 Bowl Winner 
CockyCash: 0
Gamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spursGamecock23 has earned his spurs

Then this one!
Gamecock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #31
crockcock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock23 View Post
This is still my favorite!

This not the one I am talking about BUT, that is very very sharp as well.

Actually, I don't think the Block C that I am referring is on a helmet. But I just thought the concept would look great on a helmet
Old 11-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #32
gAmkok
8-4

Male

CockyCash: 13900
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

After reading how the UA deal is really only beneficial for Spurrier, is less lucrative for the University than the old Russel contract was, and actually negatively impacts basketball recruiting, I'm for ditching them and starting a Nike partnership.

Cola's designs are always top notch.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #33
crockcock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
After reading how the UA deal is really only beneficial for Spurrier, is less lucrative for the University than the old Russel contract was, and actually negatively impacts basketball recruiting, I'm for ditching them and starting a Nike partnership.

Cola's designs are always top notch.

I wish I could find that Block C with the university of south carolina and gamecocks in very small letters shadowing the BlocK C and let this guy set it up
on a helmet.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:48 PM   #34
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

great work colacock, i love that design and the ditching of the white circle in favor of a white outline.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #35
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 4640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I'd like for us to ditch UA for the simple fact that they are paying Spurrier A SHIPLOAD OF MONEY and he's no longer our coach. The University is getting scraps in comparison. I can't believe the University actually approved that deal.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #36
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 4640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock23 View Post
Then this one!
This is much better than the alternate one they wore a couple weeks ago.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:23 PM   #37
crockcock
Banned

Male

[quote=FanofCarolina1;4594721]This is much better than the alternate one they wore a couple weeks ago.[/QUOT

I cant believe they broke out those cartoonish looking helmets a couple of weeks back....with all the designs out there we seem to have old/new...we break out in Chicken feathers on our helmets? WTH? I think everybody got a little excited to see something new but regressed when our emotions settled in and realized what
it was.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #38
Mopar HellCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 666
Mopar HellCock is sharpening his clawsMopar HellCock is sharpening his clawsMopar HellCock is sharpening his clawsMopar HellCock is sharpening his clawsMopar HellCock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
I like Russell. They evoke images of old school football prowess. Notice the prominent Block C:

^^^^^^ what are thooooossseeee!!!!!
Mopar HellCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #39
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot material

Awesome designs. I need that garnet helmet/black jersey/garnet pants combo in my life.
Spurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #40
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 345402929
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Only this is that Nike has terrible fan gear. UA has much nicer stuff for us fans to wear