CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
TKE226
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
rabid cock
aftertwobowls
Cockygaming
GamecockInHell
tdevildog1986
Greyrooster
Clemson (2671)
That was Jake’s best (1600)
Ugliest uniforms aro (932)
First for everything (929)
What Phases of Our G (895)
Bowl Talk.... (862)
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or A (820)
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (814)
Cooler and crock pot (786)
Gamecocks Ranked 28t (527)
Gamecocks Ranked 28th in
Clemson
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or Any Ot
Raise For Champ
**USC Women (3-0) vs. Wof
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Bowl Talk....
NFL: EAGLES @ COWBOYS Sun
Will USC Score >21 vs

Old 07-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
carolinafanusc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talons
Default Game day parking for NC State

How is the parking in Charlotte? Where are all the Gamecocks parking?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
carolinafanusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Game day parking for NC State

Good Luck. ...Probalby best bet is one of the parking decks.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
carolinafanusc
4-Star

Male

carolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talonscarolinafanusc has developed his gaff and talons

I've heard Draught Bar has a field out back where people park. Anybody ever parked there?

Old 07-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 64640
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

check your inbox
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
HughDamright
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1260
HughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his comb

Gateway Village Parking Garage (900 block of Trade) is usually around 10 dollars for events.
There are 2 entrances/exits so getting in and out is not too bad. It is about a 10 minute walk to the stadium.
HughDamright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudlyeggroll is crowing loudly

Any garage or lot near Romare Bearden Park or Latta Arcade would be good. That's where most of the tailgates are for the Panther's games.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/p...-80.847034,17z
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644973229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafanusc View Post
How is the parking in Charlotte? Where are all the Gamecocks parking?

Park at one of the stations and take light rail to the game.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #8
carolinafanusc
4-Star

Male

Does anybody know what sections are Carolina sections?
Old 07-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #9
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 333
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

Does anyone know of good parking lot for tailgating? I didn't really notice any when I was up for the baseball game (if you can call it a game) earlier this year.

I think the Panthers have a lot, but I'm sure it'll be for big shots or tv trucks, etc.
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #10
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Park at one of the stations and take light rail to the game.
I don't use the light rail much but there's a good-sized parking lot at the Scaleybark station, south of the city on the Blue Line.
http://charlottenc.gov/cats/rail/rou...s/default.aspx. The LYNX does not go to the stadium however.

If you don't mind a hike, just west of the stadium on Morehead Street there are some pay lots for Panthers games, and you will find some close to the stadium and some down that street, even past 77 almost to Freedom Drive. Like most stadium parking, the closer you get, the more it costs.

Also plenty of lots on Mint Street south of BOA but I have a feeling many of those are going to be rented out in advance.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #11
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 11149643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Good Luck. ...Probalby best bet is one of the parking decks.
there are alot of places to park around the stadium

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #12
GOCOCKS63
4-Star

Male

GOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervous

If I go to a Panthers game I try to park in a field I think its off of Penman st? we always have plenty of room and they set you up nicely for tents and what not.
GOCOCKS63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:47 PM   #13
2014cock
Recruit

Male

2014cock is sharpening his claws2014cock is sharpening his claws2014cock is sharpening his claws2014cock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Does anybody know what sections are Carolina sections?

Looks like there's still some avaliable through the Gamecock Club as well. We've sold out some of the sections, but the $150, $100, and $80 sections are still avaliable.

https://www.fevo.com/edp/Gamecock-Fo...-Game-mhFBa3Yg
2014cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #14
Spartan
Two Deep

Male

Spartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPit

My advice for tailgating is to park in South End - essentially along and south of Morehead Street and west of South Boulevard. There's parking lots everywhere down there. If you're in the area and like craft beer, Charlotte has a ton of breweries. There are a bunch in south end, but the two closest to the Stadium are Unknown Brewing Co on Mint St at Lincoln St, and Wooden Robot Brewery on Summit St. Both are solid choices.

If you try to park in uptown:
  • I recommend going for decks. There are moe decks than open lots - you can find open lots around, but there will be more in South End.
  • Use College St or Church St to have multiple deck options.
  • The Gateway deck on West Trade is convenient. There's also a big one on Stonewall near College St and the Westin.
  • There's a huge vacant area near West Morehead and Clarkson - should be easy to ind a spot there.
  • The reserved parking for the Panthers is in the area off of Cedar Street near Hill St (this is the lot near Draught that was mentioned earlier). There should be some parking in this area, but it will be expensive.
  • If you come early enough, there's a deck directly across Graham Street from the Stadium.

If you take the light rail, all of the stations from Scaleybark to the south have parking. I-485 has the most parking spaces by far. If you don't plan to tailgate, this is a really great option as it removes the confusion and hassle of parking near the stadium.

While you're in town, take a few minutes and walk over to Romare Bearden Park. It's just a block from the stadium and is a pretty cool park with some nice photo ops. Definitely worth your time.

Also, the Charlotte Gamecock Club usually has watch parties at Flight, which is a craft beer bar on College St near 7th. It's a bit of a hike from the stadium area (maybe 15 mins walk) but it's a cool spot if you like craft beer. They have something like 100 taps of mostly North and South Carolina beers.

When we had the Carolina vs No.Car. baseball game at BB&T Ballpark, the GCC hosted a pre-game event at Ink-n-Ivy, which is a cool spot across the street from Romare Bearden Park. I assume they'll try to do the same for this game. I'm sure they'll announce something soon.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #15
carolinafanusc
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
My advice for tailgating is to park in South End - essentially along and south of Morehead Street and west of South Boulevard. There's parking lots everywhere down there. If you're in the area and like craft beer, Charlotte has a ton of breweries. There are a bunch in south end, but the two closest to the Stadium are Unknown Brewing Co on Mint St at Lincoln St, and Wooden Robot Brewery on Summit St. Both are solid choices.

If you try to park in uptown:
  • I recommend going for decks. There are moe decks than open lots - you can find open lots around, but there will be more in South End.
  • Use College St or Church St to have multiple deck options.
  • The Gateway deck on West Trade is convenient. There's also a big one on Stonewall near College St and the Westin.
  • There's a huge vacant area near West Morehead and Clarkson - should be easy to ind a spot there.
  • The reserved parking for the Panthers is in the area off of Cedar Street near Hill St (this is the lot near Draught that was mentioned earlier). There should be some parking in this area, but it will be expensive.
  • If you come early enough, there's a deck directly across Graham Street from the Stadium.

If you take the light rail, all of the stations from Scaleybark to the south have parking. I-485 has the most parking spaces by far. If you don't plan to tailgate, this is a really great option as it removes the confusion and hassle of parking near the stadium.

While you're in town, take a few minutes and walk over to Romare Bearden Park. It's just a block from the stadium and is a pretty cool park with some nice photo ops. Definitely worth your time.

Also, the Charlotte Gamecock Club usually has watch parties at Flight, which is a craft beer bar on College St near 7th. It's a bit of a hike from the stadium area (maybe 15 mins walk) but it's a cool spot if you like craft beer. They have something like 100 taps of mostly North and South Carolina beers.

When we had the Carolina vs No.Car. baseball game at BB&T Ballpark, the GCC hosted a pre-game event at Ink-n-Ivy, which is a cool spot across the street from Romare Bearden Park. I assume they'll try to do the same for this game. I'm sure they'll announce something soon.
The large area at West Morehead and Clarkson...how much is it to park there?

Old 07-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #16
Spartan
Two Deep

Male

Spartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPit

Quote:
The large area at West Morehead and Clarkson...how much is it to park there?

Not sure. I live uptown, so I just walk everywhere. That one is probably about 1/2 mile or so away, so I feel safe saying it would likely be in the $20-$25 range for a Panthers game. It will probably be similar for a college game.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote