CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > Smack Talk > The Chop Shop

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
Three and Out
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
GregoryHouse
Order 66
ccured
SwampFox
Ace Dilcock
'Go Cocks' Cheerlead (742)
2017 Roster (610)
2019 - Jacob Monk (394)
Wher are the star pl (362)
CFN Era Top 20 Coaches: N
***The Open Championship*
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Israel Mukuamu
2018 - Jaycee Horn
The way too early NC stat
Tour De France Thread
2018 - Ronnie Jamison
2017 Roster
2019 - Ahdarrious Gee

Old 07-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Thumbs up FREE Photo Editing Software

you can all love me now

PhotoPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
carolinasELITE
South Carolina Alum

Male

CockyCash: 25000200
carolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPitcarolinasELITE rules the CockPit
Default Re: FREE Photo Editing Software

good man
Old 07-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
Spur 'Em
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 480
Spur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPit

Thanks Cack, I'll try it since I don't know how to do avatars and sigs. Maybe I can learn with this.
Spur 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
icmcumin
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
icmcumin has feathers coming inicmcumin has feathers coming inicmcumin has feathers coming in

How does this compare to Gimp. Cack?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
blackdeath05
Recruit

Male

NCAA Bracket 3rd Place: Given for NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: NCAA Bracket Challenge 
blackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot materialblackdeath05 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to blackdeath05

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmcumin
Personally, I think Gimp sucks!! Photoshop is sooo much better!
blackdeath05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
i dunno ... haven't really worked on this that much ... i had it before but was too comfortable with gimp to really mess with it ... then i tried to download Gimp again earlier today and it was going to make me download something else to download it ... so i was like naaaaaaah and went back to this site and downloaded it

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 AM   #7
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 157561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

yeah, you have to dl a run environment for gimp. It is a one time thing but it can be a pain to install for a regular joe.

I personally just use photo shop... but it can get a little pricey.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:45 AM   #8
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

Im ready to learn how to use this.. I always have good fark ideas but never able to put them in motion.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
IHateOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
adrianb
Walk On

Male

adrianb has hatched from the shell

I have not used the photo software from Serif but I have used the free version of Serif Draw and it's pretty good. I prefer Corel, but there are a few things that I can do on Serif that I can't do on Corel. The only catch is that Serif offers their older versions of their software for free to entice you to buy the new model. Usually at a pretty good price, but probably will email you with those types of offers. Serif also offers web and desk publishing softerware.
adrianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #10
usc90grad
Jersey Retired

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack5
you can all love me now

PhotoPlus
I downloaded it and my computer crash. Thanks for the virus!

J/K man...thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #11
Hotspur
Recruit

Male

Hotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot materialHotspur is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Hotspur

@*&# IT Dept!!! I could download it fine and did. Can't install it. *@^#, @)(#, &(@&, ^@*, AND &$@*!!!!

GO GAMECOCKS!
Some people are like slinkies; they're not good for anything, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotspur
@*&# IT Dept!!! I could download it fine and did. Can't install it. *@^#, @)(#, &(@&, ^@*, AND &$@*!!!!
hhmmm not sure why ... it should have worked fine

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
have you downloaded it ... i think i could really like this software a MILLION times more than gimp if i could just figure out how to erase to the background ... i can erase but can't figure out to save my damn life how to make it transparent

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #14
SUPERSTRUT
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2631
SUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot material

Cack,
Thanks dude. I downloaded it about two days ago and I'm having a blast.

When it comes to this photo stuff I'm completely in the dark but I'm having fun playing with it. If you get a chance, could you drop me a pm and explain how to get the images from one photo to the next. I can manipulate one image and modify it, but I don't know a darn thing about the rest.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #15
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSTRUT
Cack,
Thanks dude. I downloaded it about two days ago and I'm having a blast.

When it comes to this photo stuff I'm completely in the dark but I'm having fun playing with it. If you get a chance, could you drop me a pm and explain how to get the images from one photo to the next. I can manipulate one image and modify it, but I don't know a darn thing about the rest.
to take an image from one to another ... just go up to EDIT ... then click on copy ... then bring up the image you want to put it on ... and go back to EDIT ... and click on paste ... it'll give you 2 options ... do pastes as a new LAYER

if you need anything else just PM me

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #16
Spur 'Em
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 480
Spur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPitSpur 'Em rules the CockPit

Let me know if you figure it out. I set on image as a background or layer, but can't get another out of the layer tool screen to my first image.

I did that Cack but it puts it in the layer tool box and I can't get the image onto the screen.
Spur 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #17
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur 'Em
Let me know if you figure it out. I set on image as a background or layer, but can't get another out of the layer tool screen to my first image.
i'm not excatly sure i know what you're talkin about ... but you may need to do the same thing ... just go to EDIT and copy and paste ... not sure if that helps tho??

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
SUPERSTRUT
Blue Chip

Male

SUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot materialSUPERSTRUT is USC mascot material

Thanks cack.

I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #19
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

everything working out guys??

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #20
SUPERSTRUT
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack
everything working out guys??
Working fine.