CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
uscGRAD04
The Yancey
Y Formation
ChunkSnackwell
spareparts
USCharleston2
gotrice?
2019 - Ahdarrious Ge (1010)
CFN Era Top 20 Coach (300)
Discussion: 2019 Rec (298)
Beach Volleyball nab (292)
Nice addition for be (249)
2017 Team USA U19 Wo (228)
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2019 - Ahdarrious Gee
Beach Volleyball nabs a T
2018 - Tyquan Johnson
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2018 - Trey Dean
2018 - Jaycee Horn
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 - Josh Vann
2018 - Ronnie Jamison

Old 06-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #41
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1896552
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your favorite experience in Williams Brice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I have had a lot over the past decade, but this one always sticks out.

I had been dating my wife for about 3 months, when I was able to get us tickets to the 2009 game against Ole Miss. Initially, we didn't have the best seats, but at halftime some of the students bailed, giving us the opportunity to sneak into the student section. At that time I was 2 years removed from graduation, so attending a game without the excitement of the student section was difficult proposition. Sandstorm was still a new experience, one that brought out the raw emotions of the crowd. That final 2 minutes saw my wife and I screaming our heads off, me to the extent of bloodying my throat. That night pretty much cemented my relationship with my future wife, and set the stage for what could be possible at the heights of the Spurrier era. This was certainly one of the greatest nights of my life.

My older son and I were at our usual spot on the ramp for that game. That was the first time I had felt the stadium move in a long time.

I guess my favorite games were the first time I took my each of my sons. The first was NCST after the clock issue in Raleigh the year before, and the second was the first victory over UT of the Spurrier era after I think an overtime loss the year before(I'm big on revenge games). I think both were blow-outs.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #42
2k15
Committed

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162500
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

i've been going to 1-2 games every year since 2014, because that's when I moved to NC from Wisconsin (and i only started watching in 2010). So my favorite gamecock games I've been to have not been at Williams-Brice. My favorite Gamecock game I ever went to was the 2012 Clemson with that huge 2nd half comeback lead by Dylan Thompson in Death Valley. I was 12 and with my dad, and the whole first half this 30 year old Clemson fan kept messing with us and taunting us, but the 2nd half really shut him up and it was just an incredible win and experience.

Best Williams-Brice game? Never been to one of the legendary games, or even something close. Really hope to soon, although I love all the experiences win or loss I've been to.
2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #43
carolinagator
"What if I told you..."

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinagator has hatched from the shell

Working every game as a member of the USCPD; the stories I could tell...
Old 06-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #44
Scranton Tiger
Banned

Male

Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material

1977 "The Catch". Clemson moves out to a 24-0 lead midway through the 3rd quarter. Carolina comes back to take a 27-24 lead late in the 4th quarter. Clemson responds by driving the length of the field in less than a minute to retake the lead and the win 31-27 on a pass from Steve Fuller to Jerry Butler.
Attached Images

Scranton Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #45
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Halloween 1987 against NC State. Ellis and Green years

NO ONE who was there will ever forget that experience. The collapsed foot bridge, the freak torrential downpour, it was completely insane trying to get out of that place after... we shut them out... people were freaking the F out... we were finally ranked in the top 20 and shit was beginning to get real... the place was packed more than I have seen it before or since... no one knew what lies ahead but it was completely intense, that seemed like the game where things started to come together and we were on a roll... a winning streak people were talking about... it was like, 1984 was no fluke, not enough is said about the rivalry we used to have with NCST... THIS was a pivotal game... those of you who have never experienced a true 2001 entrance I am sorry... THAT WAS football Gamecock style... the Clemson game (we won) was either right after or the next game and that was completely psychotic but the NCST game was the point where we started to GET IT
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #46
flava03
4-Star

Male

flava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot material

1996 vs. UCF. Daunte Culpepper vs Anthony Wright. I had never been to college football game and my neighbor had an extra ticket. That is when I became a Gamecock. The game vs Georgia in 2000 sticks out as well. I was walking back to my car with my girlfriend and pretty sure we saw a group of guys carrying about a 6 ft piece of the goal post they managed to get out of the stadium.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #47
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagator View Post
Working every game as a member of the USCPD; the stories I could tell...
Section 506 stories?
Old 06-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #48
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

highstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have been going to Williams-Brice since I was a kid, got to enjoy it as a student at USC and as an adult bringing my own kids to the games...it has literally been a part of my existence and life...my entire life...I even got to play there several times while in High School during the old 'Sports-a-Rama' days to kick off the High School season...Do they still do that?

All that being said the best game I have ever been lucky enough to witness was the 2000 UGA game after we were coming off the almost 2 year long losing streak and Georgia was #5 in the country. I believe we picked the ball off 5 times...or maybe we just had 5 turnovers...either way...every one was a swing of the axe...we just kept chopping...we kept hanging in and playing hard and working and competing. We were sitting in the Student section...when they used to let you do that...every time we took the ball away it was pandemonium!

When the final whistle blew there were grown old men with tears running down their face. There were gorgeous co-eds with tears running down their face. There were kids...entire families...with tears running down their faces. There was such a collective sharing of energy and relief that no other game comes close for me. It was over!! We were back!! And you could feel it. It was palpable.

Field gets rushed, goal posts come down, place is going wild, we had beaten UGA...a ranked UGA...but it was seeing grown men to little kids to smoking hot college baby dolls all cheering and celebrating with literal tears in their eyes and feeling that collective release that took place that day will always make that my favorite moment.

We've had bigger wins but never had a more emotional one.
While my son was playing the first ever trumpet solo of Amazing Grace with the band! Ole Miss and Bama were great ones for me, but that Georgia game was special...Especially since Jim Donnan and I were classmates at NC State our fresh and soph years and he'd beaten SC at Marshall the year before with Todd at QB. I think that's right that he was at Jawja by then.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #49
CarolinaCJAM
Carolina Band

Male

CarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talons

Stepping from the goal line onto the field for the first note of "Gridiron Fanfare" in pregame; home opener vs. UNC in 2013. I was a member of the Carolina Band for the past 4 years, and being a trombonist, I was in the same exact spot every year. Front line, right on the home hash mark. That view of having nothing but Cocky and the entire stadium in front of you is something that I will never forget. I also had an incredible view down the tunnel for 2001. I will keep those mental images and the feeling of that adrenaline rush with me forever.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #50
henmania
Bowl MVP

Male

henmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot material

I've been to most home games since 1976 and these games stand out to me:

1987 vs. Clempson and the Rodney chant. The loudest game I've been to until the 2012 UGa game

2012 vs. UGa. Never seen us whip a top 5 team at home like that. I hate UGa. Loudest I ever heard Willy B.

2010 vs. Bama. Beating the #1 team. I went with my 10 year old daughter. Loved it.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #51
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1550000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Two event are memorable. My first game and the lead up to the Southern cal game week. The signs on campus and around the stadium made the general public blush.

And the game proved that:
"No Trojan can handle our cocks"
Old 06-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #52
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Halloween 1987 against NC State. Ellis and Green years

NO ONE who was there will ever forget that experience. The collapsed foot bridge, the freak torrential downpour, it was completely insane trying to get out of that place after... we shut them out... people were freaking the F out... we were finally ranked in the top 20 and shit was beginning to get real... the place was packed more than I have seen it before or since... no one knew what lies ahead but it was completely intense, that seemed like the game where things started to come together and we were on a roll... a winning streak people were talking about... it was like, 1984 was no fluke, not enough is said about the rivalry we used to have with NCST... THIS was a pivotal game... those of you who have never experienced a true 2001 entrance I am sorry... THAT WAS football Gamecock style... the Clemson game (we won) was either right after or the next game and that was completely psychotic but the NCST game was the point where we started to GET IT
I believe that was the 48-0 Carolina win - a truly glorious day. Especially after what happened the year before in Raleigh. Remember that? I was there, too. I have never made excuses after a Carolina loss, but that day in Raleigh we got robbed. 1987 was pure payback!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #53
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
... the first victory over UT of the Spurrier era after I think an overtime loss the year before(I'm big on revenge games). I think both were blow-outs.
If I had been there for that one, it would probably be my top game for this thread. I remember that we had come so close many times during the Holtz years (except 2004), and fallen short for a variety of reasons. Winning that game in 2005 seemed to signify that we had finally jumped over one of many hurdles in our way.

The message boards that night were magical. I remember one guy saying that his neighborhood was filled with Gamecock fans who were all outside of their homes celebrating the win. A burden had been lifted from our shoulders that night, and things began to look a little brighter. Good times.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #54
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post
I believe that was the 48-0 Carolina win - a truly glorious day. Especially after what happened the year before in Raleigh. Remember that? I was there, too. I have never made excuses after a Carolina loss, but that day in Raleigh we got robbed. 1987 was pure payback!
You are correct. It was payback
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #55
cockfight#1
4-Star

Male

cockfight#1 is making other chickens nervouscockfight#1 is making other chickens nervouscockfight#1 is making other chickens nervouscockfight#1 is making other chickens nervouscockfight#1 is making other chickens nervouscockfight#1 is making other chickens nervouscockfight#1 is making other chickens nervous

How folks can look back on the independent days with nostalgia is a real head-scratcher for me.

My favorite would have to be the touchdown pass in 2013 Clemson to put 31 on the board.

It was the thumb and the 5th DOUBLE DIGIT victory over the tigers in a row.

I celebrated the touchdown with my dad who had taken me to games since 1986.

He was diagnosed with cancer New Years eve 2013 and wouldn't make it through another full football season.

Honorable mentions #1 Bama and Quincy Carter game.
cockfight#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #56
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material

Besides the obvious ones, mine is a little off the wall.

I would say UNC 2013. I had been to games before but this was my very first season ever having season tickets. Just the raw emotion, getting in the stadium early, and the early TD from Connor to Shaq Roland. I literally jumped out of my seat. Had that sort of "I've arrived" moment.

Besides that, I would say Clemson 2013, Ole Miss 09, and of course UGA 2014. That place was nuts when the UGA kicker missed the game tying FG. And seeing the ref point for a first down on the 4th and inches was so amazing.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #57
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 614462087544
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I just repped, or am gonna rep everybody who posted in this thread (except the clemson guy).
Thanks for the memories.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #58
Scranton Tiger
Banned

Male

Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
I just repped, or am gonna rep everybody who posted in this thread (except the clemson guy).
Thanks for the memories.

Well I was also in the stands for the 1975 South Carolina 56-20 victory over Clemson. Does that help?
Scranton Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #59
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081385120
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material

I was at Alshon's breakout game against UK his freshman year
weatheredxtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #60
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 2400200
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

I've been going to games since I was a little kid. Seen some good ones and a whole lot of bad ones.

Once, when I was 6 or 7 years old, walking up the ramp to the lower west side, I saw a man with an army combat helmet painted garnet with a block C logo on it. I commented to my parents that I thought it was neat, and the old guy turned around and handed it to me. That was pretty cool and that helmet is still in a closet at my parent's house.

I also enjoyed many different saturdays when I sold peanuts, cokes, then programs at the stadium. We'd have to get there like four hours before kickoff and sign in. Then, we'd have a couple of hours to do whatever we want in and around the stadium. Pitched a lot of pennies with the other kids, walked across the fairgrounds and ate many of burgers at the McDonalds that is now a spanish speaking car dealership. I got tendonitis multiple times carrying the cokes up and down the steps when I was way too small to be doing it. Made a lot of money(literally tens of dollars) selling programs outside the north endzone where the tour busses would offload their passengers. had a good deal with the ticket scalpers where I'd trade a program for a ticket right before kickoff, then sell the ticket for twice the price of program. Those were good times. After the games, we'd play football in the parking lot for hours while the older folks tailgated and waited for the traffic to die down.

Saw the pope at the Brice.

Also saw Billy Graham, GNR, Metallica, Paul McCartney there as well.

Got drunk at the spring game in '04 by sneaking a bunch of beers in the pockets of my cargo shorts. I was wearing cargo shorts before they were as cool to wear as they are today.

But my absolute favorite memory of WB, is all the times between the ages of 4 and 11 when my dad would drive us over there on a summer weekday. We'd find an open gate, sneak in and run all over the field. We'd trace the letters in the endzone with our steps, play catch and pretend we were george rogers and sterling sharpe. Those were the best days.