CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
AR1
NAGamec0ckFan
Canefaninsc
SanAntonioCock
Gamecocks0197
24 in the CFP rankin (1516)
Brad Crawford from 2 (901)
MLB Hammers the Atla (425)
Sumlin Out at A& (347)
My take (255)
The Best Christmas M (235)
Patrick Davis-big ol (224)
David Cassidy Dies (79)
2 Tickets in 501 but (52)
Sumlin Out at A&M
How Long Will It Take for
2 USC versus Clemson Tick
Gamecocks Tailgate Playli
2018 - Dorian Gerald
24 in the CFP rankings
My take
Sportstalk and Kornblut m
Clemson
2018 - Dax Hollifield

Old 07-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default SEC East Projections

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...confident-one/

Yeah it's SDS, but it's the highest projection I've seen, and would take that in a heartbeat.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC East Projections

We have great skill players on offense. I think our OLine will hold us back offensively. Defense, who the hell knows. Skai and BAW should be fine but other than that, who the hell is going to make a play?

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11967
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
We have great skill players on offense. I think our OLine will hold us back offensively. Defense, who the hell knows. Skai and BAW should be fine but other than that, who the hell is going to make a play?
Do all of you guys cut and paste the "OLine will hold us back" comments? It seems to be in the response to every post about 2017. If that really is the only worry, then we win the East going away.

The O Line is ahead of the skill guys and has been for a while. The skill guys are improving, they just need some more time and experience, especially QB.

BAW and Skai give us two playmakers at LB, which is more than we had last year. And our DBs will be better - every significant contributor is back, plus two talented JUCOs, Jamyest and Jaylin.

Even the D Line has some solid returnees and will be good against the run - we just need some young pass rushers to step up. If they do, we can win the East.

Because the O Line is fine.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #4
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 10480
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Oline will be fine. Offense has potential to be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017, 12:35 AM   #5
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 6200
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Yep. Our skill players on offense are B+, maybe better by the end of the year. If we can get just a C+ from the OL (which would be an improvement), then we are good. I like our starting 3 LBs, and even the secondary should be better. The DL hasn't impressed anyone in years, though. If Kinlaw and a DE could step up, maybe we can get somewhere.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:24 AM   #6
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Do all of you guys cut and paste the "OLine will hold us back" comments? It seems to be in the response to every post about 2017. If that really is the only worry, then we win the East going away.

The O Line is ahead of the skill guys and has been for a while. The skill guys are improving, they just need some more time and experience, especially QB.

BAW and Skai give us two playmakers at LB, which is more than we had last year. And our DBs will be better - every significant contributor is back, plus two talented JUCOs, Jamyest and Jaylin.

Even the D Line has some solid returnees and will be good against the run - we just need some young pass rushers to step up. If they do, we can win the East.

Because the O Line is fine.
OL is a massive issue because we have 1 player who has won battles consistently and that is Bailey. The OL was at very best below average last year, at worst it was borderline terrible it just depends how much you put off on youth but it was in no way average. On offense the OL is our only issue. On defense we have our entire DL to worry about. We don't have an established edge rush and our run defense left much to be desired. I think Kinlaw will fix many problems on the run D but our pass rush doesn't have a clear fix just multiple options to hope exceed expectations. At LB no injuries and we're good, injuries and we're screwed because we're razor thin. At CB we're good, at safety we need newcomers. Moral of the story is we have plenty or potential and plenty of questions. Unfortunately for fans who don't live in a dream world those questions reside in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We've got the potential to be very good maybe contending for the East and the downside to miss a bowl, that's what our season realistically looks like.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:36 AM   #7
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I see us having a year similar to 2015 when we beat Miami, but I think the potential for better is there.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #8
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Another year that 6-2 could win the east.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

I just read Phil steeles magazine last night and this is verbatim from that. Right down to the (6 four stars) from our 2017 recruiting.

As in, as soon as I started reading this, I thought, "I just read this in Phil steeles magazine last night!"
Old 07-04-2017, 09:25 AM   #10
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Also, we have to keep Bentley on his feet. We can't afford to lose him to injury, because I have no idea who would be the back up.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I see us having a year similar to 2015 when we beat Miami, but I think the potential for better is there.
Yeah I think 7-8 wins max isn't out of the question if there are little to no major injuries. From there we hit the recruiting trail again with a little more to sell. One step at a time.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #12
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 10149643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

That's about right it's pretty much a pick one after uga and uf...

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #13
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Predictions like this are why the team with the most experience and talent in the East will finally break through and win the division this year.

Tennessee!
Old 07-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #14
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Here is some roster analysis I did. These are Rivals rankings and went straight off depth charts from this site.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football...a/91993Offense

SC
Offense starters –5 4*’s, 5 3*, 1 U/R (average grade –JR)
Offense backups –4 4*, 5 3*, 1 2*, 1 U/R (average grade -SO)
Defense starters –6 4*s, 4 3*, 1 U/R (average grade JR/SR)
Defense backups –2 4*’s, 8 3*’s, 1 U/R (average grade SO/FR)

TN
Offense starters – 2 5*, 6 4*’s, 3 3* (average grade –JR)
Offense backups – 5 4*, 6 3* (average grade -JR)
Defense starters – 2 5*, 8 4*s, 1 3* (average grade JR)
Defense backups – 1 5*, 4 4*’s, 6 3*’s (average grade JR)

FL
Offense starters – 1 5*, 6 4*’s, 2 3*, 1 2*, 1 U/R (average grade JR) -
Offense backups – 6 4*, 5 3* (average grade SO)
Defense starters – 1 5*, 5 4*s, 5 3*s (average grade JR)
Defense backups – 4 4*’s, 4 3*’s, 2 2*’s, 1 U/R (average grade SO)

GA
Offense backups – 3 5*’s, 4 4*, 2 3*, 2 U/R (average grade -SO)
Defense starters – 1 5*, 5 4*s, 5 3* (average grade SR)
Defense backups –5 4*’s, 6 3*’s (average grade SO)
Old 07-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #15
sharpe0284
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 300
sharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Here is some roster analysis I did. These are Rivals rankings and went straight off depth charts from this site.

SC

TN

FL

GA
Do you copy and paste the same shite in every thread? I saw this exact post in another thread. We get it man.
sharpe0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #16
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Predictions like this are why the team with the most experience and talent in the East will finally break through and win the division this year.

Tennessee!
I'm not completely ruling Tennessee out - the East is wide open. I just have a hard time seeing them replacing Dobbs and all of the other seniors that y'all don't have anymore. The Vols are still a very talented team, but it's very hard to win the division when you're breaking in a brand new quarterback, and new players at so many positions. If UT goes 7-5, Butch is done. If UT is 8-4, Rocky Top will start to get inpatient.

I expect UGA or UF to win the East, with UT or SC to get third. UT/SC is always a close game - unfortunately for this year, the home team seems to win more often than the visiting team in this series.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:04 AM   #17
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpe0284 View Post
Do you copy and paste the same shite in every thread? I saw this exact post in another thread. We get it man.
When you take the time to put all of that together you use it wherever it could be relevant!
Old 07-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #18
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
I'm not completely ruling Tennessee out - the East is wide open. I just have a hard time seeing them replacing Dobbs and all of the other seniors that y'all don't have anymore. The Vols are still a very talented team, but it's very hard to win the division when you're breaking in a brand new quarterback, and new players at so many positions. If UT goes 7-5, Butch is done. If UT is 8-4, Rocky Top will start to get inpatient.

I expect UGA or UF to win the East, with UT or SC to get third. UT/SC is always a close game - unfortunately for this year, the home team seems to win more often than the visiting team in this series.
Donna will be hard to replace very much agree so I get why we aren't picked. But we have the best OL and DLmin the East and that could take us very far.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #19
Gamecock in TX
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talonsGamecock in TX has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

SC

TN

FL

GA
I'll take a 3* Deebo Samuel and unranked Hayden Hurst over any WR or TE on your roster, regardless of their star rating.
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #20
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
I'll take a 3* Deebo Samuel and unranked Hayden Hurst over any WR or TE on your roster, regardless of their star rating.
I'd rather have Jauan Jennings and Ethan Wolf.