CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
AR1
NAGamec0ckFan
Canefaninsc
Gamecocks0197
ccured
24 in the CFP rankin (1380)
Brad Crawford from 2 (885)
MLB Hammers the Atla (411)
Sumlin Out at A& (218)
The Best Christmas M (204)
Patrick Davis-big ol (194)
My take (178)
David Cassidy Dies (60)
2 Tickets in 501 but (49)
2 USC versus Clemson Tick
Sumlin Out at A&M
Gamecocks Tailgate Playli
2018 - Dorian Gerald
24 in the CFP rankings
My take
Sportstalk and Kornblut m
Clemson
2018 - Dax Hollifield
2018 - Channing Tindall


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #21
GarnetTerrier
Walk On
 
GarnetTerrier's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florence
Posts: 7
CockyCash: 993513
GarnetTerrier is sharpening his clawsGarnetTerrier is sharpening his clawsGarnetTerrier is sharpening his clawsGarnetTerrier is sharpening his clawsGarnetTerrier is sharpening his claws
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Shout out to the dude that gave us a vote to win the whole SEC
GarnetTerrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
Emery
1st Team All-SEC
 
Emery's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 3,981
CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Beat Kentucky!
There's the answer. This team could be 1st in the east or last and I wouldn't be that surprised (Well...first or last, I would be surprised but you get the point). Baby steps. Just win games you expect USC to win and sneak one or two more and then I'll be stoked.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #23
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take
 
ConwayGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 15,184
CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The biggest thing we have to clean up is stopping the run. If we can do that, or at least slow teams down on the ground, then Muschamp and his staff will find a way to generate a pass rush. He isn't going to sit back in a soft zone this year.

I think its also overlooked just how good we were at takeaways last season.
One thing that can help with that is an improved offense, primarily in the passing game and scoring. Last seasons teams with established running games could just sit back and rely on them because we struggled to move the ball and score points. Struggled to stay on the field offensively. And with little scoring from us, it gave opponents no reason to stop grinding away with their run games.

If we're able to move the chains better with passing this season, and score more points early on (how many games last did we fail to score any points before halftime?), it'll force opponents to throw more against us to keep up, and perhaps not wear down our DL as quickly.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #24
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate
 
LegalCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 15,773
CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Seems reasonable to me. Really hard to know what is what in the division this year.

Getting pumped sometimes but have to remind myself lost bowl game to team with good offense but without head coach and kind of a questionable defense. Remember feeling whooped by UF at time, despite score.

3 year losing streak to UK and could see 0-1 start; so trying to stay level headed.

Last edited by LegalCock; 07-14-2017 at 03:27 PM..
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #25
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep
 
Gamecocks0197's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cola
Posts: 1,218
CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

vs NC State: Tough game to open up the season, but we have had success in Charlotte and against NC teams recently. We still have a slight talent edge. Close most of the game. W

at Missouri: This feels like one of those games where we're behind at half, but pull away at the end. Missouri has a good QB and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a bowl. It's a win, but it may look ugly at first. Also to open up SEC play on the road is always tough. W

vs Kentucky: I hate to say it, but Kentucky is a MUST WIN. Losing to them three years in a row in football is unacceptable. They seem to be a media darling right now. They also have a good QB. Muschamp will have this team ready. UK won't be bad this year, but the streak is over. Our offense will show why they have all this hype. W

vs La Tech: They were a 9 win team last year, but have lost a lot. Could be a scrappy team, though. Kind of a "meh" game - not boring, but not exciting. W

at Texas A&M: They have been a thorn in our side, and College Station is one of the toughest in the SEC. I could see a win here with their QB being unknown, and their coach most likely coaching his last season over there. But until we can beat them, I'm going to give them the edge. Tough game to swallow. L

vs Arkansas: This is a game no one is really talking about, but I think it's one of the biggest on the schedule. Both teams are in similar situations - consistently close but not close enough. Offense is expected to be their strong points. Coaches have a lot to prove. SC is on a 2 game winning streak vs the Hogs, who had our number for a while. This will go a long way for both teams in how their seasons will go. It's at home, which is a huge edge. Big win for Muchamp and Co. W

at Tennessee: Everyone knows the story from last year. Picked to win the division, and maybe the SEC. Went 8-4, and could have easily been worse. Lose Dobbs and all the playmakers. Butch is on the hot seat, and he might be coaching for his job. SC always seems to lay an egg in Knoxville. Coming off a win vs Arkansas, this team will be pumped up and they will be getting lots of love. Big win, then have to go to Knoxville. I'm afraid I've seen this episode before. L

vs Vanderbilt: Mason made a huge jump last year by knocking off UT and going to the Independence Bowl. They made a bowl, but by the skin of their teeth, and then got blown out. I think they take a step back and will be scratching for bowl eligibility this year. SC will be coming off a bye after a tough loss. Offense comes alive, and we finally beat Vandy like we should. W

at Georgia: It will be weird playing Georgia so late in the year. The media picked them to win the division - they have offensive weapons in their running backs. The jury is still out on Eason. I think this can be a close game, but it's a lot to ask to go into Athens. Another tough loss. Close, but not close enough. L

vs Florida: I can easily see this game going either way. Florida had a fantastic defense thanks to Muschamp - all those guys are gone. No one (besides their coach) knows who the QB will be. Like SC, lots of unknowns. You know Muschamp will be fired up for this game - first home game vs his old team. Chance for SC to show that they are truly on the rise. By this point, UF will probably know if they have a shot at Atlanta. Toss up. W/L

vs Wofford: I'm not a fan of playing these small schools, and especially when they have this triple option. Wofford also seems to make things more stressful for SC than it needs to be. Close for a half. No more 2015 Citadel. W

vs Clemson: A big game for obvious reasons. Clemson, while they lost a lot, will still probably be a talented team. Last year is still in the back of everyone's minds. The home team usually has the edge in this series. I hate to say it, but we are still not there yet. Clemson usually doesn't play that well at Williams Brice so it will be close. L

7-5 or 8-4. Bowl game is hard to tell this early, but probably one of those mid tier games (Gator, Liberty, etc). Either of those records would be a success and a huge step for the program. 3rd or 4th place seems about right.
__________________
University of South Carolina '19
Gamecocks0197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #26
Wisercock
Bowl MVP
 
Wisercock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 2,295
CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
vs NC State: Tough game to open up the season, but we have had success in Charlotte and against NC teams recently. We still have a slight talent edge. Close most of the game. W

at Missouri: This feels like one of those games where we're behind at half, but pull away at the end. Missouri has a good QB and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a bowl. It's a win, but it may look ugly at first. Also to open up SEC play on the road is always tough. W

vs Kentucky: I hate to say it, but Kentucky is a MUST WIN. Losing to them three years in a row in football is unacceptable. They seem to be a media darling right now. They also have a good QB. Muschamp will have this team ready. UK won't be bad this year, but the streak is over. Our offense will show why they have all this hype. W

vs La Tech: They were a 9 win team last year, but have lost a lot. Could be a scrappy team, though. Kind of a "meh" game - not boring, but not exciting. W

at Texas A&M: They have been a thorn in our side, and College Station is one of the toughest in the SEC. I could see a win here with their QB being unknown, and their coach most likely coaching his last season over there. But until we can beat them, I'm going to give them the edge. Tough game to swallow. L

vs Arkansas: This is a game no one is really talking about, but I think it's one of the biggest on the schedule. Both teams are in similar situations - consistently close but not close enough. Offense is expected to be their strong points. Coaches have a lot to prove. SC is on a 2 game winning streak vs the Hogs, who had our number for a while. This will go a long way for both teams in how their seasons will go. It's at home, which is a huge edge. Big win for Muchamp and Co. W

at Tennessee: Everyone knows the story from last year. Picked to win the division, and maybe the SEC. Went 8-4, and could have easily been worse. Lose Dobbs and all the playmakers. Butch is on the hot seat, and he might be coaching for his job. SC always seems to lay an egg in Knoxville. Coming off a win vs Arkansas, this team will be pumped up and they will be getting lots of love. Big win, then have to go to Knoxville. I'm afraid I've seen this episode before. L

vs Vanderbilt: Mason made a huge jump last year by knocking off UT and going to the Independence Bowl. They made a bowl, but by the skin of their teeth, and then got blown out. I think they take a step back and will be scratching for bowl eligibility this year. SC will be coming off a bye after a tough loss. Offense comes alive, and we finally beat Vandy like we should. W

at Georgia: It will be weird playing Georgia so late in the year. The media picked them to win the division - they have offensive weapons in their running backs. The jury is still out on Eason. I think this can be a close game, but it's a lot to ask to go into Athens. Another tough loss. Close, but not close enough. L

vs Florida: I can easily see this game going either way. Florida had a fantastic defense thanks to Muschamp - all those guys are gone. No one (besides their coach) knows who the QB will be. Like SC, lots of unknowns. You know Muschamp will be fired up for this game - first home game vs his old team. Chance for SC to show that they are truly on the rise. By this point, UF will probably know if they have a shot at Atlanta. Toss up. W/L

vs Wofford: I'm not a fan of playing these small schools, and especially when they have this triple option. Wofford also seems to make things more stressful for SC than it needs to be. Close for a half. No more 2015 Citadel. W

vs Clemson: A big game for obvious reasons. Clemson, while they lost a lot, will still probably be a talented team. Last year is still in the back of everyone's minds. The home team usually has the edge in this series. I hate to say it, but we are still not there yet. Clemson usually doesn't play that well at Williams Brice so it will be close. L

7-5 or 8-4. Bowl game is hard to tell this early, but probably one of those mid tier games (Gator, Liberty, etc). Either of those records would be a success and a huge step for the program. 3rd or 4th place seems about right.
Nice analysis. I think we lose to Missouri but beat Florida. We will be a much better team the second half of the season once the new guys on defense get some game experience. I think we will have a shot a Clemson in Columbia too so it could go as high as 9 and 3. Beat UGA in Athens and the skai is the limit.
__________________
Wisercock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #27
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 4,506
CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Let's see...

1. NC State L close Chalk this one up to first game out-of-syncness on offense and not enough big plays. Fans start jumping ship predictably.
2. Missouri W comfortable Team rebounds for a nice road win becaus they know they are way better than the first game.
3, Kentucky W comfortable Homecooking and our offense is starting to finally look as good as we have hoped
4. LA Tech W comfortable start slow but turn it up in the second half
5. Texas A&M W close We're hot right now, show a lot grit and get a huge upset.
6. Arkansas W close a lot of points. Bentley has his Heisman Moment!
7. Tennessee W OT We are media Darlings! we are knocking on the door of a top 10 ranking!
8. Vanderbilt W comfortable Top 10, we did it!
9. Georgia L Big time for the let down game, we get slaughtered between the hedges. They are just too physical and run the ball down our throats and have to play catch up the entire game. Bentley injured on top of it all.
10. FloridaL close Bentley doesn't start, but trailing in the second half we have to play him. We make a come back but miss a long FG that would've won the game in the end.
11. Wofford W comfortable This time no slow start. Wofford's defense has no answer we could blow them out but put on the breaks to get ready for
12. Clemson W fairly close - Williams Brice is mad house, orange will be in the parking lot with 1:30 mins left and Five Points goes crazy!

Regular Season Finish = 9-3
SEC Division Finish = 2nd
Playoffs = No

Bowl Game = Capital One vs Penn State W close

Final Record 10-3! Gamecocks have fully recovered from the Spurrier Collapse!

Wow, that was fun.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #28
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!
 
BeatBamaTwice's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Goose Creek
Posts: 3,143
CockyCash: 180000000000000000
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
How do you know they aren't? This is essentially the same nucleus of players from last year with more experience, another year in the S&C program, and another year being developed by the coaches. PLUS there is talented, albeit young, reinforcements enrolled into the program. Oh and lets not forget that our best player is back.

I don't understand the hand wringing over the defense right now. CWM got rid of the ones that couldn't play, were cancers, or didn't want to be here.

We are going to be one of the top T/O Margin teams in the SEC again, we will be better against the run, and we will piece together a pass rush.

I will be very surprised if this is a defense that finishes in the 60's for Total Defense.
Oh ye of little faith! 12-0: our D feeling slighted, our O feeling they can score every possession, these kids are pumped.
__________________
We are Carolina!
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #29
O'burgSpur1869
Walk On
 
O'burgSpur1869's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 26
CockyCash: 500
O'burgSpur1869 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerickson View Post
I'm with you, I'm very optimistic for the team this year. I was just outlining what I think has to happen (should have included that I think it will). I'm less concerned about stopping the run between the hashes, I think Stallworth is gonna have a great year as will Sawyer.

I'm a bit of an old school football guy who values time of possession. I am concerned that if our defense is on the field too much then we could have some frustrating fourth quarters. Not sure we have the depth to overcome that.
Yep. This is what I'll be looking for our most in those first 3 games: 3rd down conversions / time of possession. I think our offensive personnel are well built for sustaining drives, and if they do then that will go a long, long way towards helping our defense have a successful year.
O'burgSpur1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:58 PM   #30
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep
 
Gamecocks0197's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cola
Posts: 1,218
CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Let's see...

1. NC State L close Chalk this one up to first game out-of-syncness on offense and not enough big plays. Fans start jumping ship predictably.
2. Missouri W comfortable Team rebounds for a nice road win becaus they know they are way better than the first game.
3, Kentucky W comfortable Homecooking and our offense is starting to finally look as good as we have hoped
4. LA Tech W comfortable start slow but turn it up in the second half
5. Texas A&M W close We're hot right now, show a lot grit and get a huge upset.
6. Arkansas W close a lot of points. Bentley has his Heisman Moment!
7. Tennessee W OT We are media Darlings! we are knocking on the door of a top 10 ranking!
8. Vanderbilt W comfortable Top 10, we did it!
9. Georgia L Big time for the let down game, we get slaughtered between the hedges. They are just too physical and run the ball down our throats and have to play catch up the entire game. Bentley injured on top of it all.
10. FloridaL close Bentley doesn't start, but trailing in the second half we have to play him. We make a come back but miss a long FG that would've won the game in the end.
11. Wofford W comfortable This time no slow start. Wofford's defense has no answer we could blow them out but put on the breaks to get ready for
12. Clemson W fairly close - Williams Brice is mad house, orange will be in the parking lot with 1:30 mins left and Five Points goes crazy!

Regular Season Finish = 9-3
SEC Division Finish = 2nd
Playoffs = No

Bowl Game = Capital One vs Penn State W close

Final Record 10-3! Gamecocks have fully recovered from the Spurrier Collapse!

Wow, that was fun.
I surely hope you're right
__________________
University of South Carolina '19
Gamecocks0197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:25 AM   #31
sc455
Heisman Candidate
 
sc455's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 15,260
CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
How do you know they aren't? This is essentially the same nucleus of players from last year with more experience, another year in the S&C program, and another year being developed by the coaches. PLUS there is talented, albeit young, reinforcements enrolled into the program. Oh and lets not forget that our best player is back.

I don't understand the hand wringing over the defense right now. CWM got rid of the ones that couldn't play, were cancers, or didn't want to be here.

We are going to be one of the top T/O Margin teams in the SEC again, we will be better against the run, and we will piece together a pass rush.

I will be very surprised if this is a defense that finishes in the 60's for Total Defense.
been a few years since you've been fired up about the fb team.gonna be a fun ride.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #32
Rogocop
Walk On
 
Rogocop's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Greer
Posts: 51
CockyCash: 500
Rogocop has feathers coming inRogocop has feathers coming in
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
20-7 is not running off the field. Their defense, chalked full of Will Muschamp recruited NFL players, flexed their muscles but their offense was TERRIBLE against a defense that you all are so worried about right now. Also, I see nothing that they have coming back or incoming from their recruiting classes that scares me. They are the team that you can point to as a team that should regress this year and I think we will win by at least 10 when they come to Williams-Brice.
I actually think Florida could be a better team this year than last. The QB options, while not world beaters, are better options than last year. The OL finally has some quality. As far as recruits, they did very well on defense with guys like Carter, Clayton, Joseph, Jefferson, Gardner, Moon, Henderson, Stewart and Wilson. After 4 recruiting classes, ol' Butterteeth's Florida may be chock full of NFL players as well. Quite a few of these guys Muschamp would love to coach. If they can score more (no place to go but up) , they could win more.
Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rogocop; 07-15-2017 at 09:08 AM..
Rogocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #33
Rogocop
Walk On
 
Rogocop's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Greer
Posts: 51
CockyCash: 500
Rogocop has feathers coming inRogocop has feathers coming in
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
20-7 is not running off the field. Their defense, chalked full of Will Muschamp recruited NFL players, flexed their muscles but their offense was TERRIBLE against a defense that you all are so worried about right now. Also, I see nothing that they have coming back or incoming from their recruiting classes that scares me. They are the team that you can point to as a team that should regress this year and I think we will win by at least 10 when they come to Williams-Brice.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Rogocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #34
GSC2013
Game MVP
 
GSC2013's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Charleston
Posts: 1,733
CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Florida has won the east the past two seasons. You can talk smack about Butterteeth all you want, but the Gators ran us off the field last year... Fourth sounds about right to me. I think Georgia wins it, Florida finishes second, and either us or Tennessee will be third.
Agree we tie for 3rd but it'll be a Kentucky not UT.

UT draws LSU and Bama from the West and they lost so much. UK returns everyone and draws both Mississippi schools from West.

UT is set for a 6 or 7 loss season. UK will be a 7 win team maybe 8.

UK/USC winner will finish 3rd.

Bank on this: UT is about to implode.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #35
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American
 
gamecockphan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 9,972
CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

I hope some of the predictions above come true. I see a schedule that could have this team 1-4 to start the season. I'm not saying that it will happen it that way but I wouldn't be shocked either.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #36
Pty23
4th Team Bench
 
Pty23's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,048
CockyCash: 5500
Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

All I know is that if we lose to Kentucky again I might put myself into a coma for the next several months.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:08 PM   #37
Three and Out
Bowl MVP
 
Three and Out's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,364
CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Florida lost 6 defensive players (all drafted in the top 3 rounds) that are the last of the Muschamp group. There is zero chance their replacements will be anywhere close to that good. And they are coming to our house. The winner of the game between us and Georgia wins the SEC east.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:59 PM   #38
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American
 
carolina_corpsman's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 8,454
CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I hope some of the predictions above come true. I see a schedule that could have this team 1-4 to start the season. I'm not saying that it will happen it that way but I wouldn't be shocked either.
Its also possible to see us at 4-1.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:30 PM   #39
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 13,013
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I hope some of the predictions above come true. I see a schedule that could have this team 1-4 to start the season. I'm not saying that it will happen it that way but I wouldn't be shocked either.
This schedule sets up the same way last year's schedule set up to open things up. A bunch of toss up games and it shouldn't be shocking if we start 1-3 or 4-0.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:04 AM   #40
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper
 
Gamecocks1137's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On $100 mill of cash
Posts: 13,593
CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017: 4th in the East

I think this team can beat both Florida and Tennesse. I am more worried about Georgia and Kentucky. Never thought I would say that about Kentucky but wow after the past few years who knows.
__________________
"I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."


Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development