CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
AR1
NAGamec0ckFan
Canefaninsc
Gamecocks0197
ccured
24 in the CFP rankin (1380)
Brad Crawford from 2 (885)
MLB Hammers the Atla (411)
Sumlin Out at A& (218)
The Best Christmas M (204)
Patrick Davis-big ol (194)
My take (178)
David Cassidy Dies (60)
2 Tickets in 501 but (49)
2 USC versus Clemson Tick
Sumlin Out at A&M
Gamecocks Tailgate Playli
2018 - Dorian Gerald
24 in the CFP rankings
My take
Sportstalk and Kornblut m
Clemson
2018 - Dax Hollifield
2018 - Channing Tindall

Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Even Florida guys think Muschamp is special

Even those close to Florida realize Muschamp has something going.

http://gridironnow.com/will-muschamp...perstar-coach/

To be fair, Frangie and Muschamp are friends, but that doesn't change the truth.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
cjerickson
5th Year Transfer

Male

CockyCash: 200
cjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudly
Default Re: Even Florida guys think Muschamp is special

I don't love the prospect that Boom would leave us for one of the blue bloods.
cjerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerickson View Post
Won't have to worry about that anytime soon. Not until after he's built us into a consistent winner.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
I really don't think that will happen anytime soon.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
I also think he will be hesitant to go back to a blue blood with unreal expectations. If he thinks he can win a Naty here, he will stay.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #6
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
My thoughts exactly. While he's shown immense potential to be a superstar coach he has a ways to go here. The big boys won't come calling until he has us in Atlanta playing for the SEC championship.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #7
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I also think he will be hesitant to go back to a blue blood with unreal expectations. If he thinks he can win a Naty here, he will stay.
Agreed. His time in Florida opened his eyes to the lofty expectations those programs have that even the best coaches sometimes fall short of.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #8
cjerickson
5th Year Transfer

Male

cjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudly

I personally think that we can be built into a big enough program that Boom wouldn't want to leave. Also, he seems like a loyal guy who won't soon forget how quickly we gave him his second chance and didn't try and micromanage him like Foley did.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I personally think that we can be built into a big enough program that Boom wouldn't want to leave. Also, he seems like a loyal guy who won't soon forget how quickly we gave him his second chance and didn't try and micromanage him like Foley did.
Unlike Foley, Tanner seems to understand that Champ has a great vision for the program and will give him autonomy when it comes to running the football program and only intervene when necessary. Not to mention his family and him seem to love Columbia.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #10
cjerickson
5th Year Transfer

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Unlike Foley, Tanner seems to understand that Champ has a great vision for the program and will give him autonomy when it comes to running the football program and only intervene when necessary. Not to mention his family and him seem to love Columbia.
Which is one of the many reasons I'm optimistic for the present and future of our football program.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #11
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
My thoughts exactly. While he's shown immense potential to be a superstar coach he has a ways to go here. The big boys won't come calling until he has us in Atlanta playing for the SEC championship.
I would say it would take more than 1 trip to Atlanta.

If he has us at least in line for the east for a few years in a row, might get a little nervous.

I really think that he appreciates the opportunity that he was given and wants to win a championship here.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

CWM is in the best position to grow as a coach and also to grow his OWN program the way he sees fit. Coach Tanner has seen to that. When CWM starts winning big we will have to step up to the plate and get him up to par in pay. He likes working under Coach Tanner. Tanner will never ever stick his nose into how CWM is running the program.
As a matter of fact, during SEC Media Days he stated that he called on Coach Tanner to discuss bringing in Bentz to start the next game. Coach Tanner told him if your gut is telling you to start Bentz, by all means start him. That is a damn good boss right there.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #13
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Muschamp seems happy here both with the program and with Columbia. He wants to build something special and he wants to win a championship. I don't think he'll jump ship.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #14
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I think it's the NFL that comes after him first.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #15
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I think it's the NFL that comes after him first.
I could see that. Maybe the Dolphins will try and lure him back at some point.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #16
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
CWM is in the best position to grow as a coach and also to grow his OWN program the way he sees fit. Coach Tanner has seen to that. When CWM starts winning big we will have to step up to the plate and get him up to par in pay. He likes working under Coach Tanner. Tanner will never ever stick his nose into how CWM is running the program.
As a matter of fact, during SEC Media Days he stated that he called on Coach Tanner to discuss bringing in Bentz to start the next game. Coach Tanner told him if your gut is telling you to start Bentz, by all means start him. That is a damn good boss right there.
Exactly. He's determined to win big here instead of slumming it and waiting to get called up by a big name program. Seeing him speak at media day has me fired up for this season!
Old 07-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #17
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
You can say that again.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #18
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Even Florida guys think Muschamp is special

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
You can say that again.
I really don't think that will happen anytime soon
Old 07-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #19
Spartan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPit

One of the patterns of recent coaching hires across all sports is finding people who want to build for success and then stay at Carolina. Staley, Martin, even Holbrook are all in that mold. Those people could jump ship and go anywhere they want, but they choose to stay. Holbrook didn't work out, but you can be sure that if it had, he would have stayed. I firmly believe that if/when Muschamp achieves that level of success that he will stay at Carolina.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #20
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He might need to finish a season with a winning record first. Just saying.

Definitely think Tanner did a deep dive on the potential for a long run as part of the search which is why we didn't hire the other guy. But of course you never know. Seems.....premature.....to worry about this.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote