CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > Smack Talk > The Chop Shop

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
2k15
SanAntonioCock
nin_usc_freak92
Spurticus
Flameout12
BillyBrice77
Three and Out
Curt Geezus
TRBTB
CT Scan for abdomina (433)
Someone please expla (373)
miama-pitt game (252)
2017 Gulf Coast Show (170)
It isn't Florida, bu (136)
Travel Time - Italy (108)
2017-18 College Basketbal
2018 Commitment - Hank Ma
Someone please explain th
Mike Leach on CFP
2017 Gulf Coast Showcase:
Dear Muschamp: Not 4 In
NCAAF: GEORGIA @ GEORGIA
#114 in Total Offense
miama-pitt game
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn

Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #21
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

CockyCash: 281885
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurticus

so far I've been erasing everything in the pic but the image I want. Is there a way to just cut and paste the image I want instead?
Lant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #22
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2872
TheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot material

Yes...pull up one pic and hit copy then go to the pic you want to paste it on and hit paste as new layer...btw, edit first
TheGuitarCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #23
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lant
so far I've been erasing everything in the pic but the image I want. Is there a way to just cut and paste the image I want instead?
If you're using photoshop Lant (other good programs should have the same type tools, but I'm just going by what I use)
*there's a few ways you can do it to cut down on having to erase everything with a simple eraser. One way is if you have a selection tool like a Lasso or Magnetic selector, you can outline what you want to separated, then just do a Copy and Paste. When you paste, you'll create a new layer with just the separated image. Lasso and Magnetic selectors are difficult to use at first, but the more you work with them the better you get. I usually zoom in when I use those tools, it makes detailed outlining easier. . . . If you use those tools, and the selector gets off line and anchors to a part of the image you don't want, you can just hit the backup key on your keyboard and the last anchor point is removed. .You can keep hitting the back key as many times as you need to until you get back to where you want to be. . . .Or you can just finish the outline and C/P the image then do some touch up work with the eraser on the separated image. . . You'll usually wind up doing that anyway.

Another way is you check your Eraser tool. It should have a couple or three types of erasers. One is called a Magic Eraser. . .I've started using this eraser more and more lately. IF the background is much darker or ligher (or a totally different color) than the image you're trying to separate, pick the Magic Eraser and use that to click on the background and it'll erase large chunks of the background that is the same color / tone as where you clicked. You can keep moving around and clicking in the background and removing chunks of background unitl you can then do detail erasing with the regular eraser. . . . . .each time you click though, look at the image you're separating. If the color you erase is close to any color near the image you're separating, it may erase some of your image. If so, just hit the undo button and move to a different area, then erase that part later with a regular eraser.

To tell you the truth though. . . . . What you're doing now is probably the best way. I usually start with the eraser set very small, and erase around the image I'm separating first, until it has an erased line all the way around it, then enlarge the eraser and clear the rest of the background.

**** Little tip that might help you here too:
When you're doing detailed erasing.. . Do this in small areas at a time, instead of holding down the mouse button and trying to do it all at one time. If you mess up you can hit the Undo button and go back a little. . (voice of experiance here) if you try to do it all at one time and mess up half way through and hit the undo, you'll have to start all over again.
ALSO:
If you are detail erasing, you can click the eraser, and then move the cursor (eraser) to another point along the same edge and hold the "Shift Key" down and click again, and it'll erase a straight line from the two points. That helps shorten the erasing time. . . .It's hard to erase around curves that way, but if you practice it, you can do it. Just use shorter distances between the two clicks, and allow a little space off the edge of the subject for the bend. I'd say zoom in and do small sections at a time when doing curved areas too.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #24
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2872
TheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot material

Great xplanation!
TheGuitarCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #25
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Photoshop / Photoediting Help Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmo-cock
when I try to export it tells me error converting file
Sounds like it's either saved as a file that isn't supported by the place you're exporting to, or the Photoediting software you're using only saves as limited types of files that a lot of hosting sites don't support.

I'm not a very technical person with file extensions, or know the difference of the various type files (JPEG, BITMAP, PDA yada, yada, yada) but that's what it appears to be to me. Maybe some of the guys out there with a little more technical knowledge could explain it better.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #26
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Default Re: Photoshop / Photo editing Help Thread

how do you do things like getting the rails in the source pic to cover the farked sheep
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #27
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

Quote:

how do you do things like getting the rails in the source pic to cover the farked sheep
With the original Source picture, (Let's say) the guy and the Golf Cart, you want to add the sheep in the back as this guy did. . . . Find a picture of a sheep and open it as a seperate project (you can paste it to the original, but it's easier to work them seperate). . . Erase the background until you have the sheep only image. (like we talked about earlier)
Now, copy the image of the sheep alone, and paste it to the original. Move the sheep to where it looks like it's in the back of the cart. .(you may have to shrink it down / or enlarge it some too, depending on the size of the picture of the sheep).
Now, over to the side where it shows you the order of the different layers (layer pallet) . . Mine is on the right side of the screen in Photoshop Elements . . . you'll see a small box area that says "Opacity" and should show 100%. . . . .Click on the small arrow on that box and it lets you adjust the degree of Transparency of the object you're working on. Slide the adjustment to the left and look at the sheep. . . It will become transparent. Adjust it until you can see a little of the sheep, and the rails of the Cart. Click the eraser tool and size it down to about the size of the rails and erase the transparent part of the sheep that is covering the rails. (you may have to keep adjusting the size of the eraser as you work around the rails) . . Also, good Idea to zoom in and work in small areas at a time.

Once you've erased all of the part of the transparent sheep covered by the rails, go back to the "Opacity" adjustment and slide it all the way back to the right (100%) and it should look like the one in the picture above.

When you're finished. click on "Layers" from the top menu . . And go down to the bottom and click on "Flatten Image" this will merge all the individual layers into one picture.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #28
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

Thanks Spurticus, That helps me out alot
Old 08-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #29
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

ok next ?

when adding to the photo, how do you turn the item to put it at an angle.like the concert photo that was put in a tv in the fark challenge thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #30
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

Quote:
ok next ?

when adding to the photo, how do you turn the item to put it at an angle.like the concert photo that was put in a tv in the fark challenge thread

First outline or select the image you want to rotate, or just copy and paste the object to the original picture like Joe did here. Shrink it down some to about the size of the TV Screen. With the object still selected, Go up to your "Image" menu. . . .Click on that and you'll see a Rotate Option in the drop down menu. You'll have several options like Rotate Horizontal, Rotate Vertical, Rotate 180, etc. . . ..You'll also have a "Free Rotate Layer" option. Click on that and the Boundry Box (line around the image) can be turned by clicking and holding on one of the corners and turning the object until it is close to the position you want. You may have to re-size it a little more or less once you get it to the right angle.
It's good to use the "Opacity" adjustment I told you about in the other explaination to make the object transparent while you do the rotating so you can match it up to the screen of the TV. . . . . Sometimes you can get the object to the right size and angle, but the object just doesn't seem to match. You also have in the "IMAGE" menu a sub menu called "Transform" . . .You can select "Skew" , "Distort", "Free Transform", or "Perspective" from here to taper or move the object to match the screen you're moving the object to.
These take some practice but it's worth the time to play around with them if you're going to do some serious stuff. . . .These help when you do side angel Billboard Farks where you need to taper the Font or picture to match the perspective of the billboard, Or if you're working with a Sorce Picture with a lot of Perspective to the horizon.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #31
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

Spurt, Thank You for all your help.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #32
scnative1
Heisman Candidate

Female

CockyCash: 32535700
scnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot material

I just downloaded Gimp. Any ideas/tips on how to use it? It seems much more difficult than photoplus.
scnative1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #33
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfandrew
I just downloaded Gimp. Any ideas/tips on how to use it? It seems much more difficult than photoplus.
I havent used Gimp before, but Cack and a couple of other guys on the board have used it. cack can probably give you some info on that program.
They should have the same basic tools, you just may need to look through your menu options to learn where the differnt tools are located.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #34
Clemson4life81
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 967
Clemson4life81 has earned his spursClemson4life81 has earned his spursClemson4life81 has earned his spursClemson4life81 has earned his spursClemson4life81 has earned his spursClemson4life81 has earned his spursClemson4life81 has earned his spurs

Gimp is a hard program to start out with but, It's free..I would suggest looking up some tutorials. Google it..

Last edited by Clemson4life81; 08-16-2007 at 08:03 PM..
Clemson4life81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #35
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson4life81
Gimp is a hard program to start out with but It's free..I would suggest looking up some tutorials. Google it..
Old 08-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #36
scnative1
Heisman Candidate

Female

CockyCash: 32535700
scnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot material

I appreciate the help. The program itself seems more intricate than photoplus, it's just difficult to understand how to do somethings.
scnative1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #37
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfandrew
gimps WAY easier than photoplus ... i learned on gimp then moved to photoplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #38
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 10149643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

when using photoplus how do you put someones face on another body

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #39
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

make it a new layer on the photo ... the erase around it (if you haven't already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #40
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 10149643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack
make it a new layer on the photo ... the erase around it (if you haven't already)
man do u got aim so you can help me with this....pm me

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote