CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
GregoryHouse
RGHoskins
Rooster'srule
kick_ball
smoovecock
Order 66
Ace Dilcock
This could be troubl (1177)
Position Unit Previe (1036)
First home game, und (977)
The difference betwe (651)
2019 - Jaelin Humphr (342)
Kansas City Royals: (341)
Hot dogs (258)
Official Countdown T (248)
D. English & M.L (161)
The 150 Greatest Alb (139)
2018 - Jonathan Gipson
2018 - Bryce Thompson
The difference between 7
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Rico Dowdle
2018 - Raiqwon O'Neal
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
Position Unit Preview: Of
D. English & M.Lewis
This could be trouble

Old 07-19-2016, 12:56 AM   #61
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 540000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material
Default Re: Pokemon Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Great post, a lot of people don't realize how much the app can do and how it can tell what activities you are in. You can't just drive around town to the nearest park and get as many pokemon as you would if you just walked to the nearest park.
This is absolute truth. I rode through/around Clemson a couple nights ago with friends and only caught maybe 10. We walked about 2.5 miles around campus last night and caught literally dozens. Walking around is your best option, no question. I want to go walk through Falls Park in Greenville, apparently there's all sorts of good stuff there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
evidently it isn't getting people to talk to other hunters/trainers. Justin Bieber playing it going down the streets on NYC with others all around and nobody even realized it was him
Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I think most Pokemon fans aren't Justin Bieber fans.
Who?

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #62
CS2AJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post

Who?

Huh?

The Biebs.

He's got some good music.
CS2AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #63
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 179045
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
People were robbed at UMD playing this.

Several robberies have been reported in MD while people are playing.

Seems dangerous. I dont play it, but seems people would rather be looking at their phones than up at the real world
no kidding, as if ppl are not distracted enough already with there heads buried in their damned phones
Old 07-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #64
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I'm choosing to believe you're trolling, but it's okay. By the way, if a person doesn't usually walk a mile in a day, then it would definitely be considered a significant increase in activity.

The alternative is to have them do nothing like they usually do. Would that be better?
I'm not trolling, and I think it proves my point that people are actually trying to defend walking as a means to get kids healthy.

Walking needs to be defined. According to 'science', walking is a brisk activity and would be moderate aerobic exercise--at 3.5 mph. Strolling with your head down around the park does not count. Does it expend more calories than sitting? Yeah, but is that really the argument you want to make?

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...-Activity.aspx

The fallacy in the thought process is what you said: the alternative is to have them doing nothing. That's not the alternative. That's what we've deemed as the option, but how about people put down their phones and actually talk?

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...artphones.aspx

Or maybe parents of these sedentary kids should model the behavior they expect? Why doesn't Jimmy play outside when on the weekends I sleep late and catch up on Netflix?

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...ly-Active.aspx

Or, and here's one more piece of 'science' why active video games don't work

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or.../e636.full.pdf
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #65
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 71500600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzpl42K6KY
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #66
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I'm not trolling, and I think it proves my point that people are actually trying to defend walking as a means to get kids healthy.

Walking needs to be defined. According to 'science', walking is a brisk activity and would be moderate aerobic exercise--at 3.5 mph. Strolling with your head down around the park does not count. Does it expend more calories than sitting? Yeah, but is that really the argument you want to make?

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...-Activity.aspx

The fallacy in the thought process is what you said: the alternative is to have them doing nothing. That's not the alternative. That's what we've deemed as the option, but how about people put down their phones and actually talk?

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...artphones.aspx

Or maybe parents of these sedentary kids should model the behavior they expect? Why doesn't Jimmy play outside when on the weekends I sleep late and catch up on Netflix?

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...ly-Active.aspx

Or, and here's one more piece of 'science' why active video games don't work

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or.../e636.full.pdf

You seem like such a health guru but you still haven't had your doctor take that stick out of your ass. Insurance not cover it or something?
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #67
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 540000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal777 View Post
You seem like such a health guru but you still haven't had your doctor take that stick out of your ass. Insurance not cover it or something?

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #68
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal777 View Post
I have a high deductible plan.

Listen, you guys can try to justify this video game as something it's not, which is fine, but it's still just a video game. I have no problem with that, it's the 'it's great they're exercising' stuff that kills me.

And the problem I have is at least 2-3 times per day I have to talk with parents to try to get them to understand why their kid is overweight, or why their thirteen year old needs blood pressure meds, or why I'm now screening 11 year olds for high cholesterol. We have actually changed normal lab values to reflect how obese kids are today. That's why when people try to argue that Jimmy may spend four hours playing video games per day, but he's walking now, I just see how far this thing has fallen.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #69
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I have a high deductible plan.

Listen, you guys can try to justify this video game as something it's not, which is fine, but it's still just a video game. I have no problem with that, it's the 'it's great they're exercising' stuff that kills me.

And the problem I have is at least 2-3 times per day I have to talk with parents to try to get them to understand why their kid is overweight, or why their thirteen year old needs blood pressure meds, or why I'm now screening 11 year olds for high cholesterol. We have actually changed normal lab values to reflect how obese kids are today. That's why when people try to argue that Jimmy may spend four hours playing video games per day, but he's walking now, I just see how far this thing has fallen.
Parents would rather feed their kids fast food than learn to cook healthy food at home and eat together.
I love southern foods as much as the next guy but my kid isn't eating fried chicken and corn bread every day.

I played a ton of video games as a kid but was always in good shape/health when it was time to play sports because my mom cooked dinner at home every night and made me eat vegetables.
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #70
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 2000
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Old 07-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #71
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Open house this year at schools should be real interesting
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #72
jrussjr
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1236000000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucockShakur View Post

They may also be part of the mass of ppl that have gotten their arse kicked (soaked??) by my Vaporeon!!

Wish some of my Eevees could evolve into one of the other 5 forms, especially Sylveon!! C'mon Nintendo and Niantic, y'all being slack!! JS
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:35 AM   #73
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #74
BigSpenda864
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
This is absolute truth. I rode through/around Clemson a couple nights ago with friends and only caught maybe 10. We walked about 2.5 miles around campus last night and caught literally dozens. Walking around is your best option, no question. I want to go walk through Falls Park in Greenville, apparently there's all sorts of good stuff there.

Who?
A walk through downtown Greenville will definitely provide you all kinds of pokemons and stops (or whatever they're called). The more people playing in an area, the more likely pokemen are to pop up. There are literally hundreds of people playing in downtown every Thurs-Sunday. We'vehad pokemon bar crawls, etc. the past couple of weeks. Go over by the Peace Center on a Friday or Sat night.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #75
SouthCGC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

What's the point?
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #76
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

They may also be part of the mass of ppl that have gotten their arse kicked (soaked??) by my Vaporeon!!

Wish some of my Eevees could evolve into one of the other 5 forms, especially Sylveon!! C'mon Nintendo and Niantic, y'all being slack!! JS
Here's Jolteon and Flareon for you: http://heavy.com/games/2016/07/pokem...ks-tips-guide/
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #77
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 996666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

The new Halloween update is fantastic!
Old 10-26-2016, 12:43 AM   #78
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062391893706
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
The new Halloween update is fantastic!
No one cares about it anymore. Welcome to our ability to focus lol.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #79
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
No one cares about it anymore. Welcome to our ability to focus lol.
If they only cared about rap...
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:54 PM   #80
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062391893706
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
If they only cared about rap...
Your exactly what I posted that thread about. Go drink some haterade.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote