CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
USCBaseball
Lant
sosfan812
FlorenceCock
Mechanical Cock
A Flooded South Caro (209)
Just in time for Chr (164)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 Commitment - Cameron
Chris Payne and Leon Mack
Vote for Hilinski
NCAAF: MIDDLE TENN vs APP
2018 College Football Bow
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - Chris Steele
2019 Commitment - Zacch P
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem

Old 12-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #581
Karaoke_Jesus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 625
Karaoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Chris Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Not sure where you saw him shutting it down, we're still scheduled to have an in-home this week and one next week.
This is what I was referencing, not fully taking in to account that it was a Florida source for the info

Karaoke_Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #582
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaoke_Jesus View Post
This is what I was referencing, not fully taking in to account that it was a Florida source for the info

So he cancelled his in home with Muschamp?
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #583
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:

As of now Muschamp is still scheduled to have his in-home with Hill. That doesn't sound like someone who has shut it down.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #584
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

We were never getting Hill. It wouldn’t surprise me if Champ never gets the in home with Hill. Steele is still very much in play. By Hill going to Florida, that means Steele has a fast track to start at SC.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #585
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I hope Hillinski is in his ear.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #586
Karaoke_Jesus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 625
Karaoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
We were never getting Hill. It wouldn’t surprise me if Champ never gets the in home with Hill. Steele is still very much in play. By Hill going to Florida, that means Steele has a fast track to start at SC.
It has been my understanding that the two were considered a package, or at least expressed strong desire to want to play together. Losing one hurts the chances of landing the other. At least that's how I understood the recruiting to be. I may be, and probably am, wrong and I'll freely admit that.
Karaoke_Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #587
Rogocop
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his combRogocop is developing his comb

Quote:
It has been my understanding that the two were considered a package, or at least expressed strong desire to want to play together. Losing one hurts the chances of landing the other. At least that's how I understood the recruiting to be. I may be, and probably am, wrong and I'll freely admit that.
Not sure they were ever a package deal, they did express how it would be great to play together, but players always say that. In the end the player goes where he feels most at home. Playing time is not a factor for Steele, he will have a good shot to start wherever he goes, he is that type of impact player, so doubtful Hill or anyone else will scare off Steele.

If Hill has shut it down, then he will truly put the Full Court Press on Steele to be a Gator, but there is no player pact, that is one the biggest recruiting myths out there, that players are package deals...
Rogocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #588
carolinamyke
Two Deep

Male

carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not saying you are wrong but I’ve truly never heard of any package deal with these two
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #589
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Not saying you are wrong but I’ve truly never heard of any package deal with these two
Could be referring to the Swamp Monsters picture of Hill, Steele, Kaiir Elam, and one other guy.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #590
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

It would have to be enticing to have the option to play with these young guys like Muk, RJ and Horn while getting coached by Muschamp and TRob..with the option of doing something that has never been done vs a team like florida. They will get a chance to make a name for themselves as a TF vs the best teams in the country as well
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #591
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Could be referring to the Swamp Monsters picture of Hill, Steele, Kaiir Elam, and one other guy.
We assume that they all want to play together, but it might be the opposite - I do not know who UF has returning, but the defensive backfield might be pretty crowded if they get all four recruits.

And, outside of taking a pic together, does Steele know or have any relationship with the other three? At least he knows South Carolina's incoming QB - and that he is pretty damn good.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #592
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

Muschamp and T-Rob did in home visit last night
davisd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #593
CoverTwo

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Muschamp and T-Rob did in home visit last night
Given how it flew under the radar, I don't think that news was supposed to be released this soon.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #594
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material
Default 2019 - Chris Steele

Quote:
Given how it flew under the radar, I don't think that news was supposed to be released so soon.

Since it was recently repeated by a “news” source on twitter after being put on a pay site I figured it was out so not a problem to share. I agree it does seem to have been supposed to be kept quiet. Feel free to remove if you think it causes an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davisd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #595
Coondog
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Given how it flew under the radar, I don't think that news was supposed to be released this soon.
I was thinking the same thing. Almost like Steele was wanting to keep it under wraps which imo bodes well for the good guys.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #596
sharpe0284
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 300
sharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervous

Kornblut strikes again!!
sharpe0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #597
CoverTwo

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Since it was recently repeated by a “news” source on twitter after being put on a pay site I figured it was out so not a problem to share. I agree it does seem to have been supposed to be kept quiet. Feel free to remove if you think it causes an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its not a big deal to me. I was just making an observation. I think both parties wanted to keep it quiet.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #598
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

The visit was not a huge secret but not widely reported. What is interesting is that no pictures released from either Muschamp or Steele.

Either Steele is just humoring Muschamp or just doesn’t want any more heat from Florida.

Mullen to do his in home on Wednesday
Hillinski is scheduled to meet with Steele on Thursday

Last edited by CockTail; 12-10-2018 at 11:01 PM..
CockTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #599
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Signing day splash could be brewing.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #600
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
The visit was not a huge secret but not widely reported. What is interesting is that no pictures released from either Muschamp or Steele.

Either Steele is just humoring Muschamp or just doesn’t want any more heat from Florida.

Mullen to do his in home on Wednesday
Hillinski is scheduled to meet with Steele on Thursday
I thought Mullen had his in-home last week? Wasn't that what the Gator chomp picture was from?
FLgamecockJAX is online now   Reply With Quote