CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
SanAntonioCock
GeoCocky66
2000grad
TAFC 5 1981
LeeroyJenkins
AR1
RGHoskins
M.C.
Master Bedroom
Will Muschamp Call I (1549)
Snoop Dogg, Keisean (816)
Any Disasters On You (409)
Podcast: Life After (348)
Haley Troup (330)
She said "I Do& (237)
Need 2 for NC State (16)
Haley Troup
New 2001
Booger & Greg McElroy
Will Muschamp Call In Sho
2018 - Jaycee Horn
WBB 2017-18 Season and Re
Name a Gamecock
HBC Calls Gamecocks ...
2018 - Jermaine McMillian
2018 - Dylan Wonnum

Old 08-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #1361
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Dakereon Joyner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
I was at the game. And after the 1st half, I was very puzzled and disappointed. He looked like an average high school quarterback, along with throwing an interception. I was really asking "where's the beef"? In the 2nd half Fort Dorchester and Joyner scored looked like a different team and scored on almost every drive. Joyner threw some nice throws but he threw another interception near the end zone. So he looks like an exciting player with the ball in his hands, especially in the open field (at the high school level, not sure if he will be able to move and shake by players in college that easily). With the two interceptions, I will have to see how he does later in the year and in the playoffs before I can give a better assessment of his passing.

A big time Gamecock fan expressing my opinion of what I saw.
His passing really needs work according to those that have seen him. He will have at least 1 year to sit and learn before being in the running to start. But he's off the charts athletic and that isn't coachable.

The good news is that Urich has had a much better camp than the coaches were expecting. The QB position depth is not void of talent.....just needs some time.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #1362
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

I was at the game as well. He had a shaky first half. But, all you need to know is on a 3rd and 12 he threw a deep comeback for a first down, from one hash all the way across the field to the far sideline and dropped it right on his receivers chest. He's got work to do, and the teams sluggish start can probably be attributed to a 3 1/2 hour bus ride. Joyner and the offense wore down Dorman's D and he made play after play with his legs to keep it alive in situations where a lesser athlete wouldn't have extended drives (sound familiar?). He's got all the tools he needs to lead us and be an excellent QB
Old 08-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #1363
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
I was at the game as well. He had a shaky first half. But, all you need to know is on a 3rd and 12 he threw a deep comeback for a first down, from one hash all the way across the field to the far sideline and dropped it right on his receivers chest. He's got work to do, and the teams sluggish start can probably be attributed to a 3 1/2 hour bus ride. Joyner and the offense wore down Dorman's D and he made play after play with his legs to keep it alive in situations where a lesser athlete wouldn't have extended drives (sound familiar?). He's got all the tools he needs to lead us and be an excellent QB
If this was college, the shaky first half would be written off as having to work the bugs out in the first game. Same with high school.The biggest improvement is always between game one and game two.

I also saw where the Fort had some sort of probation punishment and was not allowed to play in the preseason kick-off for Dorchester County schools, which would have allowed them to get a little rust off.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote