CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
ConwayGamecock
GeoCocky66
Wisercock
kick_ball
gotrice?
AmonRa777
Spur's Addiction
2021 ATH/RB - Will S (489)
2020 OT - Chris Morr (295)
Spam - Treet - & (245)
4 Chattanooga Ticket (21)
**USC Women (1-0) vs (0)
I see lots of talk & (0)
Good News Next Week?
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
I see lots of talk &
Spam - Treet - & Pork
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
**USC Women (1-0) vs. Cle
VERY little has changed 2
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2020 - Jordan Burch

Old 06-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #21
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jair Bolden - Transfer

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...ngton-transfer

I don't really know what to think about this? I wish we could recruit good players who could contribute right away.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #22
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
37% FG, 32% 3FG, 68% FT on 11.1 shots per game (5.4 3-point attempts)

So, yeah, low % shooter. Hopefully he uses the transfer year to improve.
Actually, pretty average percentage. His last year, he shot 32% from 3, which is as productive as shooting 48% from 2. Which is a good two point shooting percentage.

And if you take out his 3 point percentage, he shot 42% from 2. Not good, but average for a Guard from 2 is around 45%. And 67% is pretty average from the FT Line.

So - average.

But here is what you have to like. As a 2, he dished out over 3 Assists per game and snagged 3 rebounds. Plus .75 steals per game. In other words, a stat stuffer and team player.

But he did go from being a reserve as a Freshman to playing 32 minutes per game as a Sophomore, and would be better as a Junior - even without the added transfer year.

I think Frank stole another good one.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:11 AM   #23
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

I like him. A big, athletic guard. Excellent perimeter defender. Will be a solid player,
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #24
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

I think its a good pickup. A decent 3 point shooter who can both handle the ball and can set up other guys up for a shot as well. Then he has the added benefit of having a whole year to learn Frank Martin basketball and be more prepared for SEC basketball.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #25
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

People that want to dump on Gravett and our poor PG play have missed an even bigger problem from last year - lack of on-ball defense. Frank's D needs that, which we got from Sin and Notice in a big way. PJ's long arms on the perimeter were disruptive also, and very effective in our zone defense.

Couisnard, Bolden and Moss are bigger/more athletic Guards, with Bolden already showing the ability to defend effectively at the college level. Having good on-ball defense will get us back to playing Frank Martin Defense.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #26
Feathers
Blue Chip

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Good article from Phil Kornblut about Bolden. I would be more excited about Bolden if he was eligible this year.

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...ard-to-roster/
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #27
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

Spur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
This kid must be a 2019. I don’t think we have room in 2018 adding Lawson and Bryant.

I never remember two days quite like yesterday and today. 2 football commits and 3 basketball commits.

We have room for him. We have 3 available slots. He will have to sit our a year but I feel sure he will be on scholarship.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 AM   #28
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2126001
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
People that want to dump on Gravett and our poor PG play have missed an even bigger problem from last year - lack of on-ball defense. Frank's D needs that, which we got from Sin and Notice in a big way. PJ's long arms on the perimeter were disruptive also, and very effective in our zone defense.

Couisnard, Bolden and Moss are bigger/more athletic Guards, with Bolden already showing the ability to defend effectively at the college level. Having good on-ball defense will get us back to playing Frank Martin Defense.
Exactly what I've been feeling. Too many games we let guys just get into the teeth of our defense with ease.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #29
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Exactly what I've been feeling. Too many games we let guys just get into the teeth of our defense with ease.
Last year's team was too small and not tough enough in backcourt to dominate defensively. I think they sort of ended up being decent for all that.

The roster Martin is assembling for the future isn't going to have that problem at all. If they are his kind of guys when they get on campus it should be extremely difficult on opponent offenses.
VBCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #30
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
Last year's team was too small and not tough enough in backcourt to dominate defensively. I think they sort of ended up being decent for all that.

The roster Martin is assembling for the future isn't going to have that problem at all. If they are his kind of guys when they get on campus it should be extremely difficult on opponent offenses.
Yes!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #31
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 93200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Can he pass the ball and protect it? Becuase thats what we need in a point guard. Dozier wasnt a very good "shooter" in his own right but he could take care of the ball and run the offense. Also what are his defensive statistics? Because sometimes its not all about shooting percentage.

Just because he doesnt score doesnt mean he's not going to be an addition. Taking care of the ball keeps points off of the oppositions bottom line which is just as good as scoring in some cases.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #32
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Can he pass the ball and protect it? Becuase thats what we need in a point guard. Dozier wasnt a very good "shooter" in his own right but he could take care of the ball and run the offense. Also what are his defensive statistics? Because sometimes its not all about shooting percentage.

Just because he doesnt score doesnt mean he's not going to be an addition. Taking care of the ball keeps points off of the oppositions bottom line which is just as good as scoring in some cases.
He says the right things about playing D, also averaged .75 steals per game, which is a good number. I am sure that Frank saw a lot of film before bringing him in, and Frank looks closer at the D than the O.