CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Order 66
SC Gamecock
CockyLifer
FurmanCock
Cockypantherfan
Senior Rooster
Blackland
GregoryHouse
Garnet&BlackOp
THIS IS WHAT WE DO. (1203)
We're going have our (1161)
Johnathan Gipson (553)
Old Dominion upsets (367)
CockyGaming’s way to (320)
Radio Station in Gre (298)
AAC (196)
Lamb on the grill (163)
Tiger has been leadi (23)
Cory helms (0)
We're going have our hand
Cory helms
Tiger has been leading th
THIS IS WHAT WE DO.
Old Dominion upsets Virgi
2020 Commitment - Mecose
CockyGaming’s way to earl
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Week 4: Around College Fo
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil

Old 07-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default 2017 - Jalek Felton

He says Carolina, UK and KU are recruiting him the hardest. Of all the recruits in the U.S., he would stand to know more about the NCAA sanctions against UNC.
This ain't over.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Jalek Felton

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He says Carolina, UK and KU are recruiting him the hardest. Of all the recruits in the U.S., he would stand to know more about the NCAA sanctions against UNC.
This ain't over.
By Carolina I assume you mean USC? I say that because he's committed to UNC
Old 07-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
qcgamecock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 99438613414
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Had to make sure it was not an April fools joke, WOW, if that is true and Coach Martin signed him, it would be a ridiculous pull for Frank on so many levels! Very hard to believe!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

This was a prospect that due to his family connections I'd almost expect him to stick with UNC even IF they are hit hard with sanctions. If he is showing interest in USC then that's great...although from all indications Roy Williams is going around and re-assuring his recruits that all is good with the program's future.

I personally think they (UNC) are trying to push all the blame and brunt of the penalties on other programs and try to get a pass for their FB and MBB programs, and are hoping that the NCAA will wink their eye and accept what they propose as satisfactory. Due to this there are rampant rumors being started that Sylvia Hatchell's women's program is going to be the prime sacrificial lamb.

We just have to see if the NCAA is going to go against the grain and actually shock Tarheel Nation by doling out some real punishment in other areas from where UNC dictates, and hits the men's programs hard. If that happens, then all bets are off. But right now, Ole Roy thinks his program is in the clear.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
By Carolina I assume you mean USC? I say that because he's committed to UNC
yes, I should have put USC.....but in my post UNC is not one of the top 3
recruiting him the hardest. Frank is definitely not giving up here.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
This was a prospect that due to his family connections I'd almost expect him to stick with UNC even IF they are hit hard with sanctions. If he is showing interest in USC then that's great...although from all indications Roy Williams is going around and re-assuring his recruits that all is good with the program's future.

I personally think they (UNC) are trying to push all the blame and brunt of the penalties on other programs and try to get a pass for their FB and MBB programs, and are hoping that the NCAA will wink their eye and accept what they propose as satisfactory. Due to this there are rampant rumors being started that Sylvia Hatchell's women's program is going to be the prime sacrificial lamb.

We just have to see if the NCAA is going to go against the grain and actually shock Tarheel Nation by doling out some real punishment in other areas from where UNC dictates, and hits the men's programs hard. If that happens, then all bets are off. But right now, Ole Roy thinks his program is in the clear.....
the thing we have working for us it that Felton is a 2017 kid.....so everyone will know what their punishment is before he signs. If he wants to play for a team that can't be on TV or go to a post season tournament for several years, then fine. All I'm saying, this one ain't over.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #7
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Had to make sure it was not an April fools joke, WOW, if that is true and Coach Martin signed him, it would be a ridiculous pull for Frank on so many levels! Very hard to believe!
it's July 17th......I'm being 100% serious.....
Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
the thing we have working for us it that Felton is a 2017 kid.....so everyone will know what their punishment is before he signs. If he wants to play for a team that can't be on TV or go to a post season tournament for several years, then fine. All I'm saying, this one ain't over.
Good to hear. He's got NBA written all over him. I would think if Seventh commits and we have a good year, our chances go up big time.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

One thing for certain is I'd like to see USC put up walls around the SC talent...too long UNC has been enjoying too much of the top SC prep talent, and for a little state we put out some excellent basketball talent over the years. Due to the size of the programs USC could build a postseason tournament caliber team just from in-state talent, better than the FB program could with in-state FB talent...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #10
doubledribble
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 101127241
doubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
One thing for certain is I'd like to see USC put up walls around the SC talent...too long UNC has been enjoying too much of the top SC prep talent, and for a little state we put out some excellent basketball talent over the years. Due to the size of the programs USC could build a postseason tournament caliber team just from in-state talent, better than the FB program could with in-state FB talent...
Gotta win. Franks off to a good start though with Stroman, Thornwell, and Dozier
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #11
b381l
Banned

Male

If we can continuee to get SC kids like PJ, Seventh and Jalek, we will take our rightful place at the top of all sports teams in the state of SC.......it is our birthright to assume this position.....and we will start participating in the NCAA tournament each and every year.....and perhaps even start hosting a bowl game every now and then.

and we do this on the eve of us crossing the billion dollar threshold of our endowment.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #12
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Guard play wins titles and at this point I could see us working out of a 4 guard lineup in a few years the way we are in on these high profile 1-3 players.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #13
doubledribble
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 101127241
doubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot materialdoubledribble is USC mascot material

Quote:
If we can continuee to get SC kids like PJ, Seventh and Jalek, we will take our rightful place at the top of all sports teams in the state of SC.......it is our birthright to assume this position.....and we will start participating in the NCAA tournament each and every year.....and perhaps even start hosting a bowl game every now and then.

and we do this on the eve of us crossing the billion dollar threshold of our endowment.

Shuler is a must have also
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #14
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
Shuler is a must have also
from what I've read, he's ours to lose......all 4 CB are for us.....amazing how many solid basketball players come from central SC......

Last edited by b381l; 07-17-2015 at 11:26 PM..
Old 07-17-2015, 11:53 PM   #15
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 409892
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Everyone counting chickens I see.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #16
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Everyone counting chickens I see.
not at all....my post above regarding the CB was about Shuler.....and the original post simply said it ain't over.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:27 AM   #17
qcgamecock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 99438613414
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
it's July 17th......I'm being 100% serious.....
The road is paved for Frank to make a run at immortality, Thornwell, Dozier,Woods, Felton..WOW The buzz around South Carolina Basketball can get loud real fast... Thank you sir!!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #18
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 409892
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
not at all....my post above regarding the CB was about Shuler.....and the original post simply said it ain't over.
Let me be clear, this is an awesome time for us, deserving of a little excitement. I just wanna have a good season first before talking us up too much.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #19
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

At first he was 100% committed to UNC, then not long ago said he was 95% committed and just said he was contacting other schools.

His uncle was in the group at UNC who won the title one year, but were known to have taken, as a group over 100 of those fake/paper classes, including McCants, who showed his transcripts where his last semester admitted he never went to class and did no work, but somehow made the Dean's List. He challenged his teammates to show their transcripts, but they all refused.

I have lived on the NC State board for more than 5 years now. They were the ones who discovered the UNC scam(s) and everything which has followed like rabid dogs. To use the word amazingly for all they have done is still lacking to convey how much good they have done to uncover the worst scandal in all of collegiate sports history, if not all of American sports history. A huge portion of what Dan Kane, the only newspaperman in the state of NC to really investigate was first found or clues and info provided to him from things the fans of NC State figured out.

UNC is, believe it or not, is going to get hammered and big time. If the NCAA odes not, all the lawsuits being filed against them will essentially end the organization and the revolt of the schools in the NCAA will finish them off. They are watching like hawks and the NCAA knows it. No one believes a word coming from them now, even SACS, who also concluded their academics situation is the worst they have ever seen.

Anything from UNC is all PR spin and crapola trying to find a sympathetic public in hopes of lessening the will of the COI to bring tough penalties.

This is still far from over as more thunderbolts are rumored in the making. UNC has many, many enemies.

Felton is getting cold feet. Just remains to be seen if family/school loyalty keeps him in the fold or not.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #20
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Let me be clear, this is an awesome time for us, deserving of a little excitement. I just wanna have a good season first before talking us up too much.
I understand. But we've all been waiting so long, I try to keep my glass half full.....