CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
etowngangsta
Rogocop
Cockadoo
ConwayGamecock
Spur's Addiction
RGHoskins
TaySC
Cockygaming
TastyLicks
2020 - Deron Reid (502)
Worst year in Human (381)
Critiquing the WORST (324)
Belk Bowl (196)
No man has ever made (181)
Ranking the Bowl Gam (155)
2019- Olivia Thompson
Mumps outbreak at Carolin
The "Cult of Frank&q
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - Chris Steele
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Stephen Garcia to Ryan Hi
Will Grier skipping bowl
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
Rumor Mill: Bobby Bentley

Old 07-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Jalek Felton

Brat, thanks for the post.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #22
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

No, problem. I understand the caution of many. Me, like many of the older Gamecock folk, have been waiting for revenge on those SOB's for nearly half a century now.

Consider that UNC's NOA contained 5 major violations. There is no wrist slap for such a thing.

UNC is now trying to say all this (after throwing many people under the bus for other things) really ties to WBB and Sylvia Hatchell. Trying to get her to take a bullet for the good of the school. That is laughable. Corruption that stinks to high heaven for many decades, all for WBB??? There is strong belief she is not going quietly into the good night.

The NCAA is using "impermissible benefits" angle to hammer WBB, football, and MBB so as not to be deciding what garbage their fake academics have been. SACS has called BS on UNC's claim of 70 reforms in place to fix their academics and due to their being lied to before, told UNC to prove the reforms are working or their probation will be extended and that means no accreditation.

Contrary to Roy Williams claiming that the lawyers said UNC basketball will not get hit and was not specifically named in the NOA, they all were. The PR team is playing semantics and UNC has redacted many things, but the NCAA and the COI knows the full story.

UNC is dead in the water.

Here is something worth reading, written by Mary Willingham (whistleblower) and Jay Smith (UNC History Professor)

http://paperclassinc.com/earth-to-ar...out-the-women/

Last edited by brat; 07-18-2015 at 03:40 PM..
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:15 PM   #23
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
This was a prospect that due to his family connections I'd almost expect him to stick with UNC even IF they are hit hard with sanctions. If he is showing interest in USC then that's great...although from all indications Roy Williams is going around and re-assuring his recruits that all is good with the program's future.

I personally think they (UNC) are trying to push all the blame and brunt of the penalties on other programs and try to get a pass for their FB and MBB programs, and are hoping that the NCAA will wink their eye and accept what they propose as satisfactory. Due to this there are rampant rumors being started that Sylvia Hatchell's women's program is going to be the prime sacrificial lamb.

We just have to see if the NCAA is going to go against the grain and actually shock Tarheel Nation by doling out some real punishment in other areas from where UNC dictates, and hits the men's programs hard. If that happens, then all bets are off. But right now, Ole Roy thinks his program is in the clear.....
To be fair he isn't going to go around and say they are going to be on probation. The man is trying to save his recruiting in spite of what may prove to be the worst cheating scandal since SMU got the death penalty.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #24
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

The good news is that we will all likely know the NCAA sanctions well before any 2017 recruits sign.......so the decisions they make will be done with full knowledge of the situation.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #25
qcgamecock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 99438613414
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
No, problem. I understand the caution of many. Me, like many of the older Gamecock folk, have been waiting for revenge on those SOB's for nearly half a century now.

Consider that UNC's NOA contained 5 major violations. There is no wrist slap for such a thing.

UNC is now trying to say all this (after throwing many people under the bus for other things) really ties to WBB and Sylvia Hatchell. Trying to get her to take a bullet for the good of the school. That is laughable. Corruption that stinks to high heaven for many decades, all for WBB??? There is strong belief she is not going quietly into the good night.

The NCAA is using "impermissible benefits" angle to hammer WBB, football, and MBB so as not to be deciding what garbage their fake academics have been. SACS has called BS on UNC's claim of 70 reforms in place to fix their academics and due to their being lied to before, told UNC to prove the reforms are working or their probation will be extended and that means no accreditation.

Contrary to Roy Williams claiming that the lawyers said UNC basketball will not get hit and was not specifically named in the NOA, they all were. The PR team is playing semantics and UNC has redacted many things, but the NCAA and the COI knows the full story.

UNC is dead in the water.

Here is something worth reading, written by Mary Willingham (whistleblower) and Jay Smith (UNC History Professor)

http://paperclassinc.com/earth-to-ar...out-the-women/
Love it, I think we as Gamecocks owe it to the world to start the death penalty talk in Charlotte during the first football game of the year, everyone bring a unc degree with paperless on it... I'm sure the young minds on campus and good ole Gamecocks that have waited decades for some revenge will think of something, let's paint Charlotte Garnet!,
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #26
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

While it is not basketball, UNC's Larry "The Hat" Fedora is getting raked over the coals by someone in the media finally asking tough questions about the NOA and the promise to recruits that nothing would happen to football (and basketball, per Roy).

The download (on NC State's Scout) will not work for me, but posters are saying he came off at about a 2 on a 10 scale.

The walls are crumbling ever so slowly.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #27
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

You wouldn't by chance know what a biased source is would you?

The very fact that you are getting your information from a NC STATE website, should warn you to exercise some caution in predicting the grandiose decline of the UNC Mens basketball program. The football and womens basketball programs MAYBE, but unless you have some video, the testimony of a crazy Rashad Mccants, or Mary Willingham will not bring the basketball program down.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:06 AM   #28
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I am afraid you are falling for the UNC PR crap.

McCants so crazy he showed his transcripts to prove his point, when none of his teammates with over 100 fake classes never have.

Willingham so crazy, UNC settled out of court, the money, essentially is for back pay and her book sales are being donated elsewhere. At least she admitted being part of the problem and has worked hard to atone for it. I find such a person far easier to believe than those trying to sell a bunch of hooey. Don't you think it odd that UNC never had any academic casualties for decades? Now we know why. Diploma milled right along.

UNC has been wrong on everything for 5 years, and the vast majority of NCSU, Dan Kane, Jay Smith. Willingham, etc. have almost always been pretty accurate, but UNC has hidden behind an army of lawyers, had charges dropped by DAs on people, who, if they testified under oath would have done major damage, given Golden Parachutes for several people to assure they did not talk when they were either fired or suddenly left for other reasons, and on and on, but no one seems to ever remember anything until some proof is shoved under their noses.

This is like a serial killer after having the bodies of a dozen victims penned on him saying, "Yeah, I did all that, but I deny Jaywalking while doing it."

No one without a vested interest believes a word coming out of UNC now.
If you choose to do so, that's your business. I will go with the past track records and common sense. like Roy Williams saying one time they keep up with their players every day and know what they are doing and then at a later time, denies knowing anything because he has 13 players (15 with walk ons), even admits walking away whenever he sees someone from academia headed his way. Plausible deniability no longer floats with the NCAA, either. The NOA has identified MBB, WBB, FB of impermissible benefits which have been going on for 18 years. 5 major violations, including LOIC. SACS called BS on UNC after being lied to and telling them to prove your 70 reforms you claim you have are doing any good. Folts. any months ago, first said they had 200 reforms (I think we know where she pulled that number out of). Lies, deceit, misinformation, partial truths, lawyers, PR, etc....sickening.

I was a cop for about 1/3 of a century and was lied to at least once a day or night, almost everyone of them, sometimes, many times a night. You become a very good judge at such things and human nature, both to help solve a problem or crime or for your own personal safety. I have zero doubt on who is pushing to shine the light to reveal the truth and who is lying through their collective teeth to maintain the status quo.

Imagine something around 12 million on PR teams and God knows how much for lawyers and contract buyouts and sudden retirement packages, but surely those are all coincidence, too.

just one little interesting note, and Roy had more of his players in such classes than any other coach.

Last edited by brat; 07-22-2015 at 12:20 AM..
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:28 AM   #29
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
While it is not basketball, UNC's Larry "The Hat" Fedora is getting raked over the coals by someone in the media finally asking tough questions about the NOA and the promise to recruits that nothing would happen to football (and basketball, per Roy).

The download (on NC State's Scout) will not work for me, but posters are saying he came off at about a 2 on a 10 scale.

The walls are crumbling ever so slowly.
wasn't it NC State that started all this.....they hate Chapel Hill.....NCAA has already determined 5 major violations.......that's almost unheard of....
Old 07-22-2015, 12:59 AM   #30
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I thought that there were a documented 3,100 students that took those paper classes over nearly 20 yrs, and that half of them were pure students. That means that the other half were student-athletes, or some 1,550 or so student-athletes. That image above only lists 82 student-athletes. What happened to the others?
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:17 AM   #31
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I thought that there were a documented 3,100 students that took those paper classes over nearly 20 yrs, and that half of them were pure students. That means that the other half were student-athletes, or some 1,550 or so student-athletes. That image above only lists 82 student-athletes. What happened to the others?
that's only Dean Smith's last 8 years......then add more years before that and all of Roy's years.....
Old 07-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #32
surfsideb
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
surfsideb is making other chickens nervoussurfsideb is making other chickens nervoussurfsideb is making other chickens nervoussurfsideb is making other chickens nervoussurfsideb is making other chickens nervoussurfsideb is making other chickens nervoussurfsideb is making other chickens nervous

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/jalek-fe...eam-felton-aau

sounds like he just wants to make sure. he sounds like he is bound for UNC but like everyone said there is a lot of time before he signs
surfsideb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #33
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsideb View Post
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/jalek-fe...eam-felton-aau

sounds like he just wants to make sure. he sounds like he is bound for UNC but like everyone said there is a lot of time before he signs
will they tell him the truth....all signs say no....

thanks for posting surfsideb
Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #34
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
that's only Dean Smith's last 8 years......then add more years before that and all of Roy's years.....
Oh....lol, yeah.....I guess those big fat blue letters at top should have caught my attention, but somehow they didn't.....

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #35
Cockhornleghorn
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Jalek is leaving UNC; I’d lay odds he’s transferring to USC.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #36
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Jalek is leaving UNC; Id lay odds hes transferring to USC.
Do you have any inside information on that?

Why was he suspended?
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #37
spurrierismyhomeboy
Two Deep

CockyCash: 3541
spurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot materialspurrierismyhomeboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Jalek is leaving UNC; Id lay odds hes transferring to USC.
If the rumors are true, no way Ray Tanner or Pastides allows him on campus.

spurrierismyhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:48 AM   #38
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Huh... what?
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:55 AM   #39
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Do you have any inside information on that?

Why was he suspended?
It's a safe bet he wasn't suspended for skipping class or not making his grades
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #40
Cockhornleghorn
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurrierismyhomeboy View Post
If the rumors are true, no way Ray Tanner or Pastides allows him on campus.
I don't know what the rumors were.