CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
Spur's Addiction
CockRoche
TaySC
RGHoskins
Ace Dilcock
AtlGAMECOCK
gAmkok
Three and Out
Is It Just Me..... (1286)
Ruin a TV Show by Ad (1142)
Why we should apprec (926)
What happened to UNC (809)
Watching Orange Luth (216)
Week 4: Around Colle (211)
**USC (1-1) vs. Vand (158)
UCF (122)
MBB off-season overs (91)
2020 Commitment - Mecose
Why we should appreciate
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Watching Orange Lutheran
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
Is It Just Me.....
Willy B upgrades to cost
High school football has
Week 4: Around College Fo

Old 04-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #21
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2019 - DJ Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Lol we don't want Burns? If that's true that's truly pathetic. We take guys like Doumbia, Gueye, Tut every year but Burns, the #74 player in his class, we don't want. OK. No wonder we're at the bottom of the SEC in recruiting every year.
The rumor is that we prefer Malcolm Wilson out of Ridge View. I personally say take them both.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #22
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
The rumor is that we prefer Malcolm Wilson out of Ridge View. I personally say take them both.
Coach Frank should be thinking that way... But there is another 6'11" kid we lead for that is highly skilled.. Brandon Stone is supposed to be the real deal
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #23
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I still think that is due to the fact we have little shot to get Burns now. We also have some work to do with Wilson.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #24
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Coach Frank should be thinking that way... But there is another 6'11" kid we lead for that is highly skilled.. Brandon Stone is supposed to be the real deal
Stone weighs like 200lbs. He also is not coming out till next year now unless he changed his mind again. We should have been all over Burns. One thing I know is Rick Barnes likes tough kids just like Frank and has been all over Burns for some time now. We left the door wide open and this is why we now have no shot. The Staff can say they prefer Wilson all they want but the truth is they dropped the ball and now trying to save face - imo. I mean hey, were not going to get them all but at least have a plan and give max effort. I personally don't think FM likes to recruit and does not invest the needed time he should and that's the reason we almost always have to settle for the lesser guys. Just think where we would be if Bowen would have ended up U of L. Regardless I am a Gamecock and hoping he proves me wrong.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #25
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Stone weighs like 200lbs. He also is not coming out till next year now unless he changed his mind again. We should have been all over Burns. One thing I know is Rick Barnes likes tough kids just like Frank and has been all over Burns for some time now. We left the door wide open and this is why we now have no shot. The Staff can say they prefer Wilson all they want but the truth is they dropped the ball and now trying to save face - imo. I mean hey, were not going to get them all but at least have a plan and give max effort. I personally don't think FM likes to recruit and does not invest the needed time he should and that's the reason we almost always have to settle for the lesser guys. Just think where we would be if Bowen would have ended up U of L. Regardless I am a Gamecock and hoping he proves me wrong.
you are preaching to the choir.. no one here seems to disagree with you.. Yes Stone is 2019 and so are Burns and Wilson.. Stone will likely be 225 by the time he arrives.. Lets just hope we can sign 2 of the 3
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #26
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

I think Frank needs to quit waiting so long to offer kids.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:42 PM   #27
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

I definitely think Frank's recruiting could be better but there's no sure thing that even if we were first to offer Burns that he would pick us. Some kids don't want to stay close to home and they may have already been fans of another program. I grew up in South Carolina and I can tell you for fact that unless Clemson was my only or perhaps my best offer as an athlete out of high school, then I wouldn't have chose them. Also some people just don't mesh well, maybe he didn't like Frank Martin and staff or vice versa. But who knows he might be trending Tennessee now but he may but there's a lot of time left and he could always end up being a Gamecock anyway.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #28
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is one thing I don't agree with. If you want to say you disagree with their evaluation very strongly that's one thing, if you want to say they're lying their asses off to save face it's another. You're saying the latter. I disagree with Wilson over Burns but I don't really have any reason to doubt that they see it that way. They've been in on both, it's not like them liking Wilson comes out of nowhere.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #29
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

I don’t want Burns or Stone. With Silva leaving that would leave you with the following bigs

Hasse
Frink
Cudd
Kotsar

None of them play above the rim, and other than Kotsar, they all lack the athleticism needed in the SEC.

Burns and Frink are repetitive. Stone is a fitness, stretch 4 that lacks strength, and honestly, of Frank wanted him, he would have stayed in 2018 and would have signed on Wednesday.

Carolina needs Wilson, a 6’11 rim protector that can block shots, rebound and defend...someone who plays above the rim.

Hopefully Frank can add another athletic 6’8 to 6’10 athlete to pair with Wilson.

For 2018: with the guards coming to campus, Inwould expect David Beatty to be the next transfer, He doesn’t do anything well. Can’t shoot or score, can’t handle the ball all that well and can’t defend. A major disappointment.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #30
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Its pretty damn pathetic if its true that we aren't actively pursuing Burns
Old 04-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #31
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
I donít want Burns or Stone. With Silva leaving that would leave you with the following bigs

Hasse
Frink
Cudd
Kotsar

None of them play above the rim, and other than Kotsar, they all lack the athleticism needed in the SEC.

Burns and Frink are repetitive. Stone is a fitness, stretch 4 that lacks strength, and honestly, of Frank wanted him, he would have stayed in 2018 and would have signed on Wednesday.

Carolina needs Wilson, a 6í11 rim protector that can block shots, rebound and defend...someone who plays above the rim.

Hopefully Frank can add another athletic 6í8 to 6í10 athlete to pair with Wilson.

For 2018: with the guards coming to campus, Inwould expect David Beatty to be the next transfer, He doesnít do anything well. Canít shoot or score, canít handle the ball all that well and canít defend. A major disappointment.
Unless Wilson has gotten bigger since last time I saw him he is too small. He gets pushed around in HS I can only imagine he will get man handled in the SEC. Burns has a much higher ceiling imo than Wilson and its not close. To be quite frank their is no reason I would have passed up on Burns to take Frink. We will see how it shakes out.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #32
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
This is one thing I don't agree with. If you want to say you disagree with their evaluation very strongly that's one thing, if you want to say they're lying their asses off to save face it's another. You're saying the latter. I disagree with Wilson over Burns but I don't really have any reason to doubt that they see it that way. They've been in on both, it's not like them liking Wilson comes out of nowhere.
No problem brother
Old 04-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #33
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
I donít want Burns or Stone. With Silva leaving that would leave you with the following bigs

Hasse
Frink
Cudd
Kotsar

Carolina needs Wilson, a 6í11 rim protector that can block shots, rebound and defend...someone who plays above the rim.

Hopefully Frank can add another athletic 6í8 to 6í10 athlete to pair with Wilson.

For 2018: with the guards coming to campus, Inwould expect David Beatty to be the next transfer, He doesnít do anything well. Canít shoot or score, canít handle the ball all that well and canít defend. A major disappointment.
That makes good sense and I agree. Wilson should be the guy we go after. Hope he is interested in us. We have not had much luck recruiting in our own backyard.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #34
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
That makes good sense and I agree. Wilson should be the guy we go after. Hope he is interested in us. We have not had much luck recruiting in our own backyard.
Last I heard we were trailing for Wilson but that has been some time ago. We miss or go of'er for Wilson and Burns and that is a big fail to say the least.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #35
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Both Wilson and Stone are 6-10, 200 lb centers. We will only get one of them. Or, which is also a very good likelihood with this staff, we'll get neither.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #36
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Unless Wilson has gotten bigger since last time I saw him he is too small. He gets pushed around in HS I can only imagine he will get man handled in the SEC. Burns has a much higher ceiling imo than Wilson and its not close. To be quite frank their is no reason I would have passed up on Burns to take Frink. We will see how it shakes out.
6'10" and 205. Similar to Brandon Wallace.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #37
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
6'10" and 205. Similar to Brandon Wallace.
Yeah I don't see him dominating the paint no time soon.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #38
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Both Wilson and Stone are 6-10, 200 lb centers. We will only get one of them. Or, which is also a very good likelihood with this staff, we'll get neither.....
Or...we'll get both and they'll be at a new school in 2 years
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:32 PM   #39
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Yeah I don't see him dominating the paint no time soon.
If you see it that well then coach. If not let's trust Frank. It was barely 13 months ago when we were in the Final Four thanks to his recruiting and development, just trust the man. I know you're not a fan of how things have played out but just trust the man. Let's see how the 2019 class plays out before calling it a failure which you seem more than ready to do in April 2018.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #40
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
If you see it that well then coach. If not let's trust Frank. It was barely 13 months ago when we were in the Final Four thanks to his recruiting and development, just trust the man. I know you're not a fan of how things have played out but just trust the man. Let's see how the 2019 class plays out before calling it a failure which you seem more than ready to do in April 2018.

Brandon Wallace was relatively effective despite never dedicating himself to putting on the weight he needed to play inside.

Martin's strength program has really put muscle on players consistently, so I think Wilson would be someone that might be physically ready to help early defensively, but he'll be a project offensively. Someone that size who talks in interviews about being hesitant on offense may never quite get there, but that wouldn't make him a bust at the college level at least.

They are going to need someone who can defend and rebound and Wilson seems to be as likely as anyone.

Sam Muldrow is another similar body type and recruiting situation.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote