CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Lancelot
thekob
dreammachine
smoovecock
Ace Dilcock
Blitzkrieg
Three and Out
Gamecock Receivers (956)
We Can Beat Them (669)
Great Article on Coa (467)
College football pod (226)
For the Drag Racing (89)
The Open (0)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
The Open
We Can Beat Them
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
Gamecock Receivers
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
SEC Media Days
Great Article on Coach Mu
Traeger Grill - Prime Day
Danny Sheridan: No way U

Old 07-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
VBCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb
Default 2019 - PG Josiah James (MBB)

6'7 PG/W out of Porter Gaud in Charleston, SC.

Rated #69 in his class.

Offered earlier in July by South Carolina.

Appears to have high major offers from UVA, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - PG Josiah James (MBB)

It's gonna be important to get both guys from PG
Old 01-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

We seem to be in good standing with him.

https://247sports.com/Player/Josiah-James-45572919
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
It's gonna be important to get both guys from PG
Unless you are talking about a younger player, Nesmith is already committed to Vandy.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think James and Wilson are two guys for the 2019 class we can land.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

He's an even better player than 2018 Aaron Nesmith, from Porter Gaud, who signed with Vandy. This guy flies around the court with out of this world athleticism. Very solid.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:14 AM   #7
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
He's an even better player than 2018 Aaron Nesmith, from Porter Gaud, who signed with Vandy. This guy flies around the court with out of this world athleticism. Very solid.
Well hopefully our staff recruits hims harder than they did Nesmith, who they basically ignored until the last minute. I think they offered James simply due to finding out James was there by trying to recruit Nesmith in the final months of his cycle....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #8
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

I hope Chuck Martin is now leading the charge for Josiah. EVERYONE's going to come after him between now and when he commits. He's got blue-blood talent and relationships are important to him. I think Chuck's the best recruiter on staff. Let's get it!!!
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #9
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

The lowcountry star who has won multiple state championships in high school, but also competes with AAU program TMP, sees a lot of growth on the grassroots stage of South Carolina basketball.

“It’s definitely improved a lot. We’re kind of getting known as a basketball state,” James said. “My AAU coach says it’s never South Carolina. We’re starting to do the fundamental things as a state. I like to see that. I’m from here and I want to see this place succeed.”

If he stays in-state to attend either South Carolina, Clemson, or College of Charleston, James said the national success his home state programs have had recently is something he has dreamed of when his opportunity comes.

“It’s awesome. The Final Four and the Sweet Sixteens. I’ve always dreamed about playing and reaching those goals,” James said. “That’s my goal in college. It means a lot in this state. If I do choose an in-state school I hope we can go further and get a national championship.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Josiah...mson-117349815
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #10
WayzUp
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 690000
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material

DOH. Not good.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....ina_guard.html
Old 04-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayzUp View Post
If he stays instate he is likely headed to Clemson so this might not be bad. What is sad is we have been outrecruited by Clemson on this one.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #12
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
If he stays instate he is likely headed to Clemson so this might not be bad. What is sad is we have been outrecruited by Clemson on this one.
Has he come out and said Clemson leads?
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #13
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16238
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Has he come out and said Clemson leads?
Was said on the Locked on the Gamecocks Podcast, he and Wilson are clemmon leans and Burns is a Ute lean.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #14
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Was said on the Locked on the Gamecocks Podcast, he and Wilson are clemmon leans and Burns is a Ute lean.
I mean, you can't make this sh!t up...
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #15
Feathers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
The 2019 class is not looking good. We seem be behind on all the top players.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #16
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

You got to be kidding me...... Iíll believe it when I see it hard to believe Wilson a kid from Columbia is a Clemson lean Iíve never heard of that podcast. I think itís too early to start throwing around that kind of stuff.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #17
ipull4usc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Just from what I've read online (and as others have noted in this thread), seems like James and Wilson are Clemson leans. While Burns apparently has some strengthening interest in SC, seems like UT has been the longtime leader for him. I do think we lead for Gary. Looks like Christian Brown is becoming more interested in SC, but feels like we're playing from way behind on him (was thought to be a long-time UGA lean until Jonas Hayes left UGA).

We really need to land 2 of these guys minimum. If we land just 1 then I think it's a huge missed opportunity. And if we manage to not get any of them it's a disaster.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #18
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

I have no faith in FM recruiting ability. Maybe misplaced but his recruiting has sucked over the past several years IMO.
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #19
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

I still think itís too early to say for James having all those national powers after him and Wilson is a Columbia kid so Frank and Chuck can get on him. Iím not worried until they sign the dotted line I donít think Brownell is a better recruiter than Frank.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #20
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

Weíll be absolutely desperate for a PG after Gravett leaves so that could entice James to give us a look wouldnít be surprised if we brought in Felton to sit a year.