CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
SanAntonioCock
kick_ball
FurmanCock
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
2000grad
rt3891
Master Bedroom
Flameout12
Duck Boats are Death (383)
Tickets Question(s) (195)
The Open
We Can Beat Them
2019 - Jammie Robinson
Football Seat Selections
SEC Media Days
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Tickets Question(s)
Great Article on Coach Mu
why no mention of Garcia
Homemade Hot Sauce

Old 04-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #21
ipull4usc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - PG Josiah James (MBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
We値l be absolutely desperate for a PG after Gravett leaves so that could entice James to give us a look wouldn稚 be surprised if we brought in Felton to sit a year.
We're already desparate for a PG and that hasn't led to much on the recruiting trail. We have 1 PG committed, and he averaged 7.2 PPG on 39% shooting and 6.2 APG at prep school. Those aren't particularly encouraging numbers.

Hopefully we land Jalek Felton, it felt like that was a done deal about a month ago but it's been very quiet on that front for a few weeks.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:05 PM   #22
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
We're already desparate for a PG and that hasn't led to much on the recruiting trail. We have 1 PG committed, and he averaged 7.2 PPG on 39% shooting and 6.2 APG at prep school. Those aren't particularly encouraging numbers.

Hopefully we land Jalek Felton, it felt like that was a done deal about a month ago but it's been very quiet on that front for a few weeks.
Uhhhh.....we have a PG recruit that is a pass first guy that racks up assists instead of points? And that is not encouraging?

It would be discouraging if he had lots of points but not many assists. That would make him more of a shooting guard - and we have those guys already.

Plus, the recruit plays on what amounts to an all-star team. They had plenty of scorers, and what they needed was an assist guy - which Moss did very well.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #23
Feathers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Duke has offered him. Too many big name schools after him. The way things look now I think it is highly unlikely that we can get him.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #24
gAmkok
MB: Regional, FB: 10-2

Male

CockyCash: 8000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
Duke has offered him. Too many big name schools after him. The way things look now I think it is highly unlikely that we can get him.
If there's a 1% chance of landing guys with blue blood offers, then you offer 100 times to get the 1. Do that enough times and your odds go up. Keep doing it and eventually you become a blue blood yourself. It's a long process, but it can work.

But I agree that our chances decrease when more prestigious offers are on the table. Just have to keep plugging away and going after top talent.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:22 AM   #25
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

If Duke offered he痴 not a Clemson lean anymore lol. Trae Hannibal is also a decent prospect.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #26
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Uhhhh.....we have a PG recruit that is a pass first guy that racks up assists instead of points? And that is not encouraging?

It would be discouraging if he had lots of points but not many assists. That would make him more of a shooting guard - and we have those guys already.

Plus, the recruit plays on what amounts to an all-star team. They had plenty of scorers, and what they needed was an assist guy - which Moss did very well.
Being that he is more a 2G I don't think its encouraging at all. I also think we are playing behind all the instate guys not named Gary. Its just reality.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:16 PM   #27
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Being that he is more a 2G I don't think its encouraging at all. I also think we are playing behind all the instate guys not named Gary. Its just reality.
If he averages 6.2 APG, I don't care if he is more of a Center. We need someone to distribute the ball and set up our other players. He can do that.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #28
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Do you think Frank could talk any of these guys into reclassifying? We need their help now and honestly most of these guys don't need another year of high school ball and we need all the help we can get.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:39 AM   #29
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If he averages 6.2 APG, I don't care if he is more of a Center. We need someone to distribute the ball and set up our other players. He can do that.
Not if he is turning the ball over and he has a lot of work to do on that ball handling from what I have seen. I would feel more comfortable with HG than Moss running point.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #30
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Not if he is turning the ball over and he has a lot of work to do on that ball handling from what I have seen. I would feel more comfortable with HG than Moss running point.
Gotcha. Now that I know that he is a 2G and is not a good ballhandler, I won't be upset if we miss on him.

I was a little confused about him, my bad. For some reason, the 247 Composite has him as the #18 prospect and #3 PG nationally. But now I know that all of those experts are wrong. Thanks for clueing me in.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:29 PM   #31
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Gotcha. Now that I know that he is a 2G and is not a good ballhandler, I won't be upset if we miss on him.

I was a little confused about him, my bad. For some reason, the 247 Composite has him as the #18 prospect and #3 PG nationally. But now I know that all of those experts are wrong. Thanks for clueing me in.
He was talking about Moss not James. I say Frank should talk James and some other guys into reclassifying because we need help now! James, Gary, Wilson could all get significant minutes because Gary, Moss and James are better now than Gravett will be in his fifth year of CBB. Hate to throw a guy under the bus.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #32
Feathers
4-Star

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
He was talking about Moss not James. I say Frank should talk James and some other guys into reclassifying because we need help now! James, Gary, Wilson could all get significant minutes because Gary, Moss and James are better now than Gravett will be in his fifth year of CBB. Hate to throw a guy under the bus.
You have to graduate from high school before you start college. Reclassifying is probably not possible for most of them.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:00 AM   #33
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

I知 not sure who you all are talking about but JJ is a 5* PG that is rated the best player in SC.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #34
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I知 not sure who you all are talking about but JJ is a 5* PG that is rated the best player in SC.
The guys were talking about TJ Moss, I知 pretty sure James is Duke bound honestly who wouldn稚 want to be coached by K. I have a feeling things will even out in 2020 when they let high schoolers turn pro I知 willing to ride with Frank till then.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #35
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Duke
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:29 AM   #36
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
The guys were talking about TJ Moss, I知 pretty sure James is Duke bound honestly who wouldn稚 want to be coached by K. I have a feeling things will even out in 2020 when they let high schoolers turn pro I知 willing to ride with Frank till then.
I wouldn't want to be coached by K. Or Roy Williams. I dislike both of them. And their schools.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #37
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

James has released his top 9 and SC and Clemson made the list. He will start taking visits in August. Let's see if we get an OV.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #38
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

None of you guys have a clue where JJ is going!!! You have a n inferiority complex that compels you to think the worst!!! I don't know what young Mr. James will do!!! I know we have have a chance until he says we dont.. As well as Duke recruits each year, they might decide not to take him.. Let's let it play out and see if Coach Frank learns to sell his program better... The 2018 class came together better than I ever thought it would!
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #39
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
None of you guys have a clue where JJ is going!!! You have a n inferiority complex that compels you to think the worst!!! I don't know what young Mr. James will do!!! I know we have have a chance until he says we dont.. As well as Duke recruits each year, they might decide not to take him.. Let's let it play out and see if Coach Frank learns to sell his program better... The 2018 class came together better than I ever thought it would!
If we get him here on an official visit we have a chance. But too many times I hear the in-state kids say, "I've been there a bunch on unofficials so I'm going to use my officials to visit schools out of state."

We can't let that happen with Josiah - especially if Gary picks Alabama.

Last edited by Wisercock; 07-09-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Wisercock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #40
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

Spur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPit

He has a very good relationship with Hannibal. This does not hurt our chances. He calls Trae a great teammate and an even better person.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote