CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
Spur's Addiction
CockRoche
TaySC
RGHoskins
cocky0
Ace Dilcock
AtlGAMECOCK
gAmkok
Is It Just Me..... (1295)
Ruin a TV Show by Ad (1155)
Why we should apprec (933)
What happened to UNC (811)
Watching Orange Luth (221)
Week 4: Around Colle (214)
**USC (1-1) vs. Vand (169)
UCF (124)
MBB off-season overs (91)
2020 Commitment - Mecose
Why we should appreciate
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Watching Orange Lutheran
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
Is It Just Me.....
Willy B upgrades to cost
High school football has
Week 4: Around College Fo

Old 05-28-2018, 11:36 AM   #21
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2020 WBB - Loyal McQueen - point guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Dawn has been getting #1 pg after pg you sure... it mite hurt with other top notch pg... talaysia cooper etc
Dawn has shown that she doesn’t mind playing two point guards at the same time and she’s done it effectively.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #22
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

McQuuen chooses UNC to play for a has been. Another disappointing loss.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #23
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 33500
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

Committed to UNC.
https://twitter.com/mcqueenhope/stat...201710594?s=21
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #24
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Wow, didn't expect that. UNC is not in a good place progress wise
Old 05-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #25
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

That's a curious choice; I wonder if Sylvia will even still be there in 2020.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #26
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

The Pee Dee area has always been an area with heavy NC leans - with proximity being a big reason. It is not much further to the Tobacco Road schools and there have been a lot of players head that way in basketball and football. Cozell McQueen went to NC State, for instance, and played on Valvano's national championsip team back in the day.

Loyal knows that Destanni will still be around, so she might have just wanted to go somewhere that she could startright away. It is still a long way to go until Signing Day, so maybe Loyal will change her mind before then and show some Loyal-ty to her home state.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:46 PM   #27
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
The Pee Dee area has always been an area with heavy NC leans - with proximity being a big reason. It is not much further to the Tobacco Road schools and there have been a lot of players head that way in basketball and football. Cozell McQueen went to NC State, for instance, and played on Valvano's national championsip team back in the day.

Loyal knows that Destanni will still be around, so she might have just wanted to go somewhere that she could startright away. It is still a long way to go until Signing Day, so maybe Loyal will change her mind before then and show some Loyal-ty to her home state.
Loyal is a great person and a very good player... But if you think Coach Staley is losing sleep over this you don't follow wb b enough

Last edited by AmonRa777; 05-29-2018 at 12:10 AM..
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #28
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

Well good luck to her, my guess is that she grew up as a tar heels fan and believes that either the program will be trending upwards by the time she gets there or that she can help turn it around herself.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:47 PM   #29
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20888
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Guess it just wasn't her destanni to be a Gamecock. Good luck to her at UNC.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:01 AM   #30
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Loyal is a great person and a very good player... But if you think Coach Staley is losing sleep over this you don't follow wb b enough
Exactly. It's disappointing because she's a good in-state player and you always want to keep SC players at home but this isn't a loss that SC can't recover from.

USC will probably take a point guard in the 2019 class anyway and if I had my guess I would say it's going to be Zia Cooke. And if you don't know who Zia Cooke is then you better ask somebody because the young lady is E-LEC-TRIC. With all of that said, I don't think Cooke will be a true point guard at the college level... she is just too good offensively to not be scoring the ball, unless Dawn intends to use her like Curry.. which is not typically what we see from a Staley PG, they're usually distributor first and scorer second. I actually think Cooke will end up being more like a Asia Durr (a dominant scorer but occasional facilitator).. and if Cooke comes to SC she will probably be the best guard we've had at that two-spot since Tiffany Mitchell, with the potential to be better than Mitchell.

McQueen is a 2020 prospect, so there's still time to recover and USC is even in great position with other "point guards" from that same class... those being Allison Campbell, a recent finalists for the USAB U-18 team and Eniya Russell, who I think is going to end up as one of the top guards in that class. Russell likes SC a lot and SC was the first major elite D1 to offer Campbell. Campbell is already 6'0 feet though and her game is very reminiscent of Allisha Gray's and something tells me Russell is going to end up in that 6'0 feet range too.

The in-state player that SC MUST get a signature from is Talaysia Cooper. Cooper is going to be the next great women's basketball player from SC and out of state schools are starting to notice.. for instance, Louisville is ALL over her these days. The good thing there is that Cooper LOVES SC and has already publicly stated that SC is her favorite. It's up to Dawn and Law to keep it that way.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:23 AM   #31
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Milks26 has hatched from the shell

Agreed! 2 years will Sylvia still be around? Plus, 2 years for Law to get into Mcqeen's head. Also, since Diamond and Gray's departure is UNC even the place it used to be? Will see I guess!

And, yes, its sad to lose an instate player. But, I'll take T. Cooper over Mcqueen any day
Old 05-31-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Exactly. It's disappointing because she's a good in-state player and you always want to keep SC players at home but this isn't a loss that SC can't recover from.

USC will probably take a point guard in the 2019 class anyway and if I had my guess I would say it's going to be Zia Cooke. And if you don't know who Zia Cooke is then you better ask somebody because the young lady is E-LEC-TRIC. With all of that said, I don't think Cooke will be a true point guard at the college level... she is just too good offensively to not be scoring the ball, unless Dawn intends to use her like Curry.. which is not typically what we see from a Staley PG, they're usually distributor first and scorer second. I actually think Cooke will end up being more like a Asia Durr (a dominant scorer but occasional facilitator).. and if Cooke comes to SC she will probably be the best guard we've had at that two-spot since Tiffany Mitchell, with the potential to be better than Mitchell.

McQueen is a 2020 prospect, so there's still time to recover and USC is even in great position with other "point guards" from that same class... those being Allison Campbell, a recent finalists for the USAB U-18 team and Eniya Russell, who I think is going to end up as one of the top guards in that class. Russell likes SC a lot and SC was the first major elite D1 to offer Campbell. Campbell is already 6'0 feet though and her game is very reminiscent of Allisha Gray's and something tells me Russell is going to end up in that 6'0 feet range too.

The in-state player that SC MUST get a signature from is Talaysia Cooper. Cooper is going to be the next great women's basketball player from SC and out of state schools are starting to notice.. for instance, Louisville is ALL over her these days. The good thing there is that Cooper LOVES SC and has already publicly stated that SC is her favorite. It's up to Dawn and Law to keep it that way.
Talaysia Cooper is the best instate prospect since A'ja.. But don't forget Ashlynn Watkins.. Both are top10-20 type talents... I also like Nyah Leveretter.. But Nyah is not as highly rated as the other 2..

There is a 2020 pg at Lovejoy Georgia by the name of Genesis Bryant... She loves our program and Dawn Staley.. But Genesis does not yet have a USC offer...She is quick and explosive.. Ms Bryant single handedly wrecked Olivia Nelson Ododa's Winder team in the state championship game.. She had 33, 24 of those coming in the 2nd half and OT... But i fear to date Genesis Bryant is being slept on

What have you heard on Rikea Jackson in the 2019 class.. She is terrific.. Rikea seems to be underrated because she does not the pub like Brunell, Boston, Horston and a few of the others..But when watching her videos, i dont see why she should take a back seat to any player in the 2019 group
Old 05-31-2018, 05:58 PM   #33
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

Agree on Rickea Jackson. She maybe better than Haley Jones. Jordan Horschton and Brea Beal are great players we have a great shot at.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #34
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
Agree on Rickea Jackson. She maybe better than Haley Jones. Jordan Horschton and Brea Beal are great players we have a great shot at.
Rikea Jackson is the most versatile power forward in the 2019 class... Her low post moves are sweet.. Yet she steps out and knocks down jumpers with the best of them, all the way behind the 3,pt arc..