CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
Captain9Dragons
ShutTheSuccop
RGHoskins
FurmanCock
thekob
SanAntonioCock
MountainCock
COCKDIESEL
Smart decision by Ch (1683)
2019 G/F Gerald Drum (826)
E$PN: SEC fines Kent (777)
24/7 2018 College Fo (557)
Arby's owner buys So (490)
Erik Kimrey (398)
An interesting histo (384)
Muschamp TV Show (376)
Gamecock weekly pres (277)
Kentucky game sold o (261)
2019 Blythewood PG Tre Ja
The 12th game...who shoul
Don't Run Your Mouth, Ken
E$PN: SEC fines Kentucky
Kentucky game sold out
Erik Kimrey
Fantasy football trade ta
Gamecock Tipoff - October
2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESP
OrTre Smith Out For the Y

Old 03-16-2018, 01:09 PM   #41
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: WBB Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Erin Whalen is worth looking into. The girl can flat out shoot. Put her in an offense with similarly talented players and youíll see that sheís worth it.
I remember watching a game last year where she lit Ole Miss up. I think she had like 30 points that game.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #42
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

UCONN announes Mikayla Coombs to miss rest of season.. Report says she is being treated for deep vein thrombosis. Hopefully someone here knows what that ailment is
AmonRa777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #43
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
A great shooter is always fast enough... I am not talent scout like you but i have seen her play many times... I guarantee you Whalen is faster than Katie Lou Samuelson... She is not as explosive as Dawn's wings usually are... But she can help our program, if the staff chooses to pursue her
Iím not a talent scout, just an Ole ball coach. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to most players. No brainers like Aíja Wilson, Alaina Coates, Tiffany Mitchell, Allisha Gray....every body can spot those.

Whalen is a fine shooter for sure. Solid as a player. But if she comes and sits out, how many opposing coaches use her against you with Haley Jones and all of the other more athletic, talented wings that we are recruiting? I just donít know what type of impact she makes on this team two years from now.

Now, Rellah Boothe...if she transfers in, I donít really care how much negative recruiting other coaches use...she is a bonifide stud.

But if Dawn wants her, Iím all in. She is a definite upgrade to Cliney and Patrick, although Cliney will be gone by the time Whalen is eligible.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #44
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

Quote:
UCONN announes Mikayla Coombs to miss rest of season.. Report says she is being treated for deep vein thrombosis. Hopefully someone here knows what that ailment is
Itís a blood clot.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #45
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
Itís a blood clot.
Whoa... That's serious business.. She'll be on blood thinners for a while
Old 03-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #46
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

If we dont get k. Bell then ill take boothe..
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #47
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Whoa... That's serious business.. She'll be on blood thinners for a while
Or they could surgically remove it.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #48
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Who?
Old 03-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #49
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Kierstan bell
Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #50
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
I believe it's a clot and can be serious; I hope she gets better soon.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #51
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Two problems with that....1) Bell is 2019 and likely wonít decide Until the fall. Transfers usually decide last spring so they can enroll in summer school. 2) Boothe is a post, Bell is a wing. I donít understand the either or.

Also with regards to Boothe being a head case....once a student athlete decides to transfer and enroll at their second school, they either get their act together or they drop out. Once you transfer, you really lose all power. You have to do it the way the head coach wants it done...because, are you going to transfer and sit out another year? Also, who takes somebody that transfers twice, unless itís as a Grad transfer.

If Dawn wants Boothe, you should want Boothe. She is a stud. Now, would I rather have Joyner Holmes? Absolutely.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #52
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

I watched the allstar game with boothe is a 1on 1 player alone with bell dont need to many of them boothe plays around perimeter also...and cockfather last but not less going after transfer blocks us with highschoolers ala like davis and gray leaving early...
Old 03-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #53
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Two problems with that....1) Bell is 2019 and likely wonít decide Until the fall. Transfers usually decide last spring so they can enroll in summer school. 2) Boothe is a post, Bell is a wing. I donít understand the either or.

Also with regards to Boothe being a head case....once a student athlete decides to transfer and enroll at their second school, they either get their act together or they drop out. Once you transfer, you really lose all power. You have to do it the way the head coach wants it done...because, are you going to transfer and sit out another year? Also, who takes somebody that transfers twice, unless itís as a Grad transfer.

If Dawn wants Boothe, you should want Boothe. She is a stud. Now, would I rather have Joyner Holmes? Absolutely.

Agree 100% on Joyner Holmes... Karen Aston has no idea how to use her.. Joyner made tremendous mistake going to Texas... I said it when she committed
Old 03-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #54
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Quote:
I watched the allstar game with boothe is a 1on 1 player alone with bell dont need to many of them boothe plays around perimeter also...and cockfather last but not less going after transfer blocks us with highschoolers ala like davis and gray leaving early...
Like it or not, that’s what Dawn Staley’s program is. Sign the top in state players, fill in the roster by recruiting bench players and major transfers. She has yet to sign an elite HS player outside the Carolinas other than the PG position.

Nobody loves Dawn or appreciates what she has done more than me, but recruiting outside of SC and Charlotte has been a major issue. Yes, she signed Cuevas from NY, Ty Harris from Indiana and Destanni He Derain from FLA...all elite HS recruits. All of them are PGs. No bigtime post from out of state, no bigtime wing other than Tiff Mitchell, who was from Charlotte. And I’m not counting K. Bone.

I don’t know what the issue is, but there is no excuse to not be recruiting at a high level nationally at this point. Yet it continues to hamstring the roster. Other than Geno, Dawn is the most high profile coach in WBB. Yet Baylor, Texas, Tennessee, Louisville, FSU and others are beating us on players.

If Carolina has a big 2019 recruiting haul, it will be the first time Dawn has successfully recruited Nationally.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #55
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Every All Star game is about players showcasing their skills by going one on one. Practices are a joke.

Also...there is room to take two transfers and then sign 4 HS recruits in the fall. I doubt Tea Cooper plays more than one season. Also, Cuevas may not be back after all. I know itís spring break, but she was not on the neck last night. Both Cooper and Spann were with the team.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #56
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

I see your point on the one on one thing ...
Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #57
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Like it or not, thatís what Dawn Staleyís program is. Sign the top in state players, fill in the roster by recruiting bench players and major transfers. She has yet to sign an elite HS player outside the Carolinas other than the PG position.

Nobody loves Dawn or appreciates what she has done more than me, but recruiting outside of SC and Charlotte has been a major issue. Yes, she signed Cuevas from NY, Ty Harris from Indiana and Destanni He Derain from FLA...all elite HS recruits. All of them are PGs. No bigtime post from out of state, no bigtime wing other than Tiff Mitchell, who was from Charlotte. And Iím not counting K. Bone.

I donít know what the issue is, but there is no excuse to not be recruiting at a high level nationally at this point. Yet it continues to hamstring the roster. Other than Geno, Dawn is the most high profile coach in WBB. Yet Baylor, Texas, Tennessee, Louisville, FSU and others are beating us on players.

If Carolina has a big 2019 recruiting haul, it will be the first time Dawn has successfully recruited Nationally.
We can, and do, play multiple point guards at a time. I'm not sure Dawn will do it, but I'd love to see us press and run next season with the backcourt we will have if BCM plays her senior year.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #58
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
We can, and do, play multiple point guards at a time. I'm not sure Dawn will do it, but I'd love to see us press and run next season with the backcourt we will have if BCM plays her senior year.
One reason that we were not better (similar to the Men's team) this year was a shortage of PGs. Tyasha was good, but without BCM, we had no back-up at the position so we could rest Tyasha. Also, there were times when a second PG would have helped to beat the oppponent's pressure D. Dawn is used to having multiple PGs and we were limited without it.

Destanni gives us a second option at PG and BCM would give us a third. That would allow us to play two PGs at one time and to keep everyone rested.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #59
lfowens
4-Star

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
One reason that we were not better (similar to the Men's team) this year was a shortage of PGs. Tyasha was good, but without BCM, we had no back-up at the position so we could rest Tyasha. Also, there were times when a second PG would have helped to beat the oppponent's pressure D. Dawn is used to having multiple PGs and we were limited without it.

Destanni gives us a second option at PG and BCM would give us a third. That would allow us to play two PGs at one time and to keep everyone rested.
Tea Cooper will help here also. I think Tea will have a break-out scorer. We need a go-to scorer that is not shy to fill it up. We have some this year (in addition to Wilson) but they seem tentative to shoot it at times.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #60
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Like it or not, thatís what Dawn Staleyís program is. Sign the top in state players, fill in the roster by recruiting bench players and major transfers. She has yet to sign an elite HS player outside the Carolinas other than the PG position.

Nobody loves Dawn or appreciates what she has done more than me, but recruiting outside of SC and Charlotte has been a major issue. Yes, she signed Cuevas from NY, Ty Harris from Indiana and Destanni He Derain from FLA...all elite HS recruits. All of them are PGs. No bigtime post from out of state, no bigtime wing other than Tiff Mitchell, who was from Charlotte. And Iím not counting K. Bone.

I donít know what the issue is, but there is no excuse to not be recruiting at a high level nationally at this point. Yet it continues to hamstring the roster. Other than Geno, Dawn is the most high profile coach in WBB. Yet Baylor, Texas, Tennessee, Louisville, FSU and others are beating us on players.

Let me see:
1 National Championship, 2 final 4s, 4 #1 seeds, 4 Sec title, 4 SEC tourney titles... With a record like that who cares where the players come from... She is getting good enough players to win championships... Your harsh critique is a bit jaundiced... It is factually correct but functionally irrelevant... She will continue to recruit champions and win.. I won't lose any sleep squabbling about where the players are from