CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Order 66
SC Gamecock
CockyLifer
FurmanCock
Cockypantherfan
Senior Rooster
Blackland
GregoryHouse
Garnet&BlackOp
We're going have our (1320)
THIS IS WHAT WE DO. (1296)
Johnathan Gipson (564)
Old Dominion upsets (395)
CockyGaming’s way to (350)
Radio Station in Gre (307)
AAC (206)
Lamb on the grill (171)
Cory helms (86)
Tiger has been leadi (61)
Old Dominion upsets Virgi
Cory helms
We're going have our hand
Tiger has been leading th
THIS IS WHAT WE DO.
2020 Commitment - Mecose
CockyGaming’s way to earl
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Week 4: Around College Fo
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil

Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Feathers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb
Default Devonte Bandoo

6-3 combo guard Devonte Bandoo of Hutchinson JC, KS is expected to visit this weekend. Good stats and good offer list.

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...cks-sign-pair/
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Devonte Bandoo

44% from 3, 81% from from the line get the kid come here Frank! I'll take him over having to develop a HS player.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #3
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

If Bandoo would be a junior next season, he would join Kotsar in that class. I always like to have at least 2 players in each class, if possible.

If this is an official visit, it probably means we have offered a scholarship to Bandoo. And, it means that he has some interest in USC. If we get him, I wonder how, or if, that would affect our recruitment of Moss and Felton. Unless someone leaves, we don't have scholarships for all three at present.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

I'll leave it up to Frank but I would think take this guy and take Felton. Nothing against Moss but We need high level athletes to compete and averaging 7 points in HS doesn't sound good to me at all.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
Feathers
4-Star

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
I'll leave it up to Frank but I would think take this guy and take Felton. Nothing against Moss but We need high level athletes to compete and averaging 7 points in HS doesn't sound good to me at all.
44% from 3 is impressive and we need a shooter to replace Booker. I think Bandoo could help us more next season.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:30 AM   #6
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
I've read that Moss is athletic and agile. And, in the videos I've watched of him, it seems to be true. I don't know where you got the 7 points thing, but he was playing PG on a very good high school team, so that doesn't bother me, if its true.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:27 AM   #7
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
I've read that Moss is athletic and agile. And, in the videos I've watched of him, it seems to be true. I don't know where you got the 7 points thing, but he was playing PG on a very good high school team, so that doesn't bother me, if its true.
Maybe I’m mistaken but I thought I saw that Moss averaged 7 points and 6 assists a game. I don’t know I guess It’s a give and take thing Moss went to an elite school but Bandoo shot 44% from three but I imagine it wasn’t great competition. Hopefully Frank gets his first choice whoever that may be.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

We desperately need a true PG. I know we hope that Felder will come back, but until I read that he has been reinstated to the team we are still without a PG. And even if Felder does return a backup would be nice to have.

So let's try to get Jalek Felton and TJ Moss and make this guy Plan B.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
We desperately need a true PG. I know we hope that Felder will come back, but until I read that he has been reinstated to the team we are still without a PG. And even if Felder does return a backup would be nice to have.

So let's try to get Jalek Felton and TJ Moss and make this guy Plan B.
Jalek Felton doesn't help us this season.

Felder is all but back with the team. He practiced with them the entire Spring semester.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Jalek Felton doesn't help us this season.

Felder is all but back with the team. He practiced with them the entire Spring semester.
Didn't know he practiced this spring. That means he is back in school so that's step #1. I'm sure they want to make sure he can stay out of trouble.

But we still only have 2 schollies to give unless someone else leaves. A backup PG and a scorer (Felton) seems logical to me. But this guy would be a great addition (experience wise) if one of the others fall through or if we lose someone at the end of the semester.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #11
CoverTwo

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
Didn't know he practiced this spring. That means he is back in school so that's step #1. I'm sure they want to make sure he can stay out of trouble.

But we still only have 2 schollies to give unless someone else leaves. A backup PG and a scorer (Felton) seems logical to me. But this guy would be a great addition (experience wise) if one of the others fall through or if we lose someone at the end of the semester.
There is a rumor floating around that Beatty is going to transfer so this may be Frank's insurance plan.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #12
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

I though Brandoo was insurance in case we miss on Moss.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #13
CoverTwo

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I though Brandoo was insurance in case we miss on Moss.
Could be but its odd they are coming in the same weekend.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #14
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

Spur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPit

We need a good shooter, FG and FT and he does this. Would love to see us sign this young man.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #15
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Bandoo sounds good but don't sell TJ Moss short. Findlay Prep is like IMG in football - one of a handful of elite programs that get top players from around the country. Others are Montverde (where Couisnard played this year) and Oak Hill Academy. Moss would have scored well into double digits at a regular HS.

And 6 assists per game for Moss is nothing to sniff at. And at 6'4" he would be a tough match-up.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
Dpcocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1500
Dpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his combDpcocks is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Bandoo sounds good but don't sell TJ Moss short. Findlay Prep is like IMG in football - one of a handful of elite programs that get top players from around the country. Others are Montverde (where Couisnard played this year) and Oak Hill Academy. Moss would have scored well into double digits at a regular HS.

And 6 assists per game for Moss is nothing to sniff at. And at 6'4" he would be a tough match-up.

Findlay is legit and Moss looks ok, at one point he was rated the #27 prospect in his class though so he has shown flashes. His team in Memphis beat montverde when he was there. Also couisinard didn’t play on montverde the hs team, it was the montverde prep. He averaged 26 a game in a hs Chicago league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dpcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #17
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Could be but its odd they are coming in the same weekend.
Plus Felton isn’t a lock to Carolina either. His family named few other schools that have shown interest in him.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #18
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Don't focus too much on points...granted you want guys who can score...for a PG prospect it is more about ability to run the floor, pass, command the offense and play D at the top.

I'd love to have a PG who can put up 20 per game with 10 assists....but those guys are a dime and dozen.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #19
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Don't focus too much on points...granted you want guys who can score...for a PG prospect it is more about ability to run the floor, pass, command the offense and play D at the top.

I'd love to have a PG who can put up 20 per game with 10 assists....but those guys are a dime and dozen.
I just compare all our guards to Devan Downey because he was Point God he could do it all at only 5’8. If he had played all four years at Carolina he would own every statistical category except for blocks and rebounds. I just think we’re one great guard away from an exceptional team
Old 04-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #20
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

Moss imo is not even close to being a good PG. He does not have the handle. I do think he could be a ok SG. Just my opinion which means nothing.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote