CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
Spur's Addiction
CockRoche
TaySC
RGHoskins
Ace Dilcock
AtlGAMECOCK
gAmkok
Three and Out
Is It Just Me..... (1286)
Ruin a TV Show by Ad (1142)
Why we should apprec (926)
What happened to UNC (809)
Watching Orange Luth (216)
Week 4: Around Colle (211)
**USC (1-1) vs. Vand (158)
UCF (122)
MBB off-season overs (91)
2020 Commitment - Mecose
Why we should appreciate
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Watching Orange Lutheran
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
Is It Just Me.....
Willy B upgrades to cost
High school football has
Week 4: Around College Fo

Old 06-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #21
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - TRAE HANNIBAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Top 100 player according to Jamie Shaw. He expects a ratings jump.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2018...nnibal-commit/
with 7 offers? 2 from P5? Top 100 player ... bold very bold statement. Hope he is right
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #22
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
with this commit we now know James is no longer an option. Another project player recruited by FM.
Actually improves our chances with James, they're teammates in AAU. But good try buddy I know you really wanted to go negative.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #23
Ironfan
Household Name

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Actually improves our chances with James, they're teammates in AAU. But good try buddy I know you really wanted to go negative.
we shall see buddy..
Old 06-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #24
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

With how the depth at PG has been looking lately, Ironfan could've joined the team as a PG, and I'd say it was an improvement.... HAHA!
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #25
Ironfan
Household Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
With how the depth at PG has been looking lately, Ironfan could've joined the team as a PG, and I'd say it was an improvement.... HAHA!
I'm to old and had to many surgeries. ..
Old 06-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #26
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
we shall see buddy..
I'm not saying we're going to get him but the conclusion you've drawn is 100% false. If anything the Hannibal pickup helps our chances, the exact opposite of saying we're now out of it due to the commitment. The end result may be the same but the conclusion you've drawn is full of shit.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #27
Ironfan
Household Name

Quote:
I'm not saying we're going to get him but the conclusion you've drawn is 100% false. If anything the Hannibal pickup helps our chances, the exact opposite of saying we're now out of it due to the commitment. The end result may be the same but the conclusion you've drawn is full of shit.
Thanks for straightening me out. BTW kids coach said he was about to commit to CoC before Gamecock offer.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #28
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Thanks for straightening me out. BTW kids coach said he was about to commit to CoC before Gamecock offer.
Wouldn't be the first or last good player C of C has gotten.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:50 AM   #29
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Do you think he’ll be better than Gravett. I do.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:35 AM   #30
Ironfan
Household Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Do you think hell be better than Gravett. I do.
Most likely in a few years. He is not fast enough or strong enough for college ball yet. He admitted FM told him that. So he does nothing to provided the needed help at PG we need immediately.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #31
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Most likely in a few years. He is not fast enough or strong enough for college ball yet. He admitted FM told him that. So he does nothing to provided the needed help at PG we need immediately.
He's in the 2019 class, he wasn't going to help immediately no matter what. As for immediate help Moss could very well be that along with the potential short term fix in that grad transfer from Georgetown.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #32
Ironfan
Household Name

Quote:
He's in the 2019 class, he wasn't going to help immediately no matter what. As for immediate help Moss could very well be that along with the potential short term fix in that grad transfer from Georgetown.
I understand that, but to say this kid is top 100 talent ,immediate help at PG, like posters here are saying is just flat out wrong. With FM history kid is more likely to transfer or get removed from the team then to ever play for us.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:27 AM   #33
Wybird
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudly

Hes smaller but looks super athletic and has a ton of dog in him.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #34
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
I understand that, but to say this kid is top 100 talent ,immediate help at PG, like posters here are saying is just flat out wrong. With FM history kid is more likely to transfer or get removed from the team then to ever play for us.
Yes, we all know how much you hate Frank. But I suppose you'll keep reminding us anyway.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #35
JoeCock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 1000444950
JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material

I, for one, am happy about this.

I love seeing Red Foxes grow up to be Gamecocks!

Go Big Red! Go Cocks!
Old 06-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #36
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

I have not seen him play, but from his picture and write-up, he seems like he already has the strength to play in college.

It also sounds like he is not a pure PG, at least not yet. So he would be a good complementary player to go with James - sorta like Duane Notice and PJ Dozier.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #37
ipull4usc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Top 100 player according to Jamie Shaw. He expects a ratings jump.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2018...nnibal-commit/
Sorry but Jamie Shaw hypes up every single South Carolina men's basketball recruit. I simply cannot trust his evaluation of Gamecock recruits because of the ridiculous level of praise he heaps on anyone who commits to us.

Jamie does seem to have insider knowledge about where kids are leaning to. However, last year he called David Beatty an "unbelievable talent"... 12 months later, he said the loss of Beatty was no big deal because the kid wasn't talented enough. I believe he also said that the 2017 class (Beatty, Haase, Minaya, Cudd, and Doumbia) was a 10/10. That's an absurd statement.

None of this is to say that Hannibal won't eventually get a higher rating. Maybe he will. But I wouldn't put any stock in what Jamie Shaw says about it.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #38
Feathers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Sorry but Jamie Shaw hypes up every single South Carolina men's basketball recruit. I simply cannot trust his evaluation of Gamecock recruits because of the ridiculous level of praise he heaps on anyone who commits to us.

Jamie does seem to have insider knowledge about where kids are leaning to. However, last year he called David Beatty an "unbelievable talent"... 12 months later, he said the loss of Beatty was no big deal because the kid wasn't talented enough. I believe he also said that the 2017 class (Beatty, Haase, Minaya, Cudd, and Doumbia) was a 10/10. That's an absurd statement.

None of this is to say that Hannibal won't eventually get a higher rating. Maybe he will. But I wouldn't put any stock in what Jamie Shaw says about it.
I don't understand what he or anyone else saw in David Beatty. I watched him play in the Beach Ball Tournament and was disappointed in what I saw. I knew he was not a good shooter in high school. What he did this season was about what I expected.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #39
xXSirSpurXx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post

I am not one to doubt an insider about basketball recruits as I am far less read on the process and the evals, but there seems to be some legitimate film that shows what this kid could do after a year or two. I'm not going to downplay his skills or his recruitment by any means but part of the reason he was a take is the recruitment of Josiah James. James, which would greatly benefit us, as the other team at play with him is Duke.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:03 PM   #40
Feathers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

This article seems to indicate that getting Hannibal helps our chances a lot in getting James.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/new...r-josiah-james
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote