CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
rt3891
Gamecocks0197
GeoCocky66
Ace Dilcock
Cockhornleghorn
COCKDIESEL
Spurticus
kingofnerf
GregoryHouse
Good interview with (891)
E$PN SEC preseason p (645)
Please explain: Litt (556)
SEC Network takeover (479)
2021 - WBB - Hollywo (402)
after a dog or cat d (275)
Can Carolina and Ten (230)
2019 - SF - Juwan Gary (M
Can Carolina and Tennesse
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Good interview with Sterl
SEC Network takeover July
New claim from LaVar Ball
2019 - Kamren McCray
2019 - Travon Walker
2019 - Jaylen McCollough
2019 - Jammie Robinson

Old 05-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #21
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018-AJ Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
No point guard, again.
PG wasn't our biggest weakness last year. We couldn't find anyone to consistently stop the ball on defense. Notice, PJ, Felder, Sin could all do that on the FF team.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #22
Feathers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I agree with this. Developing a true PG is crucial to having more success next year. Right now that is in the hands of Gravett or 2 newcomers.
I feel much better about PG for next year. We have the grad transfer coming in. He should be able to help. Moss could possibly be a good PG and I think Gravett should improve. If we get Lawson, I think he might be a possibility at PG. We are in much better shape than we were last year.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #23
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
PG wasn't our biggest weakness last year.
Sure it was. Frank has even alluded as much and I don't see anything done to fix it, yet.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #24
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Sure it was. Frank has even alluded as much and I don't see anything done to fix it, yet.
The grad transfer is a stopgap for a short term fix. He doesn't need to be a scorer just someone who can play defense and distribute the ball is all that's needed. As for the long term fix you may not be high on Moss but he definitely could be that long term fix if he pans out. I'd consider that doing something to fix the issue, you may not agree with the players taken but the issue is certainly being addressed in this class already.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #25
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
If Coach Frank can land Lawson and Burns it will be bigger than landing Thornwell and Dozier!!
Absolutely false
Old 05-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #26
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Absolutely false
Well I don’t think you can argue that if we got those that Frank wouldn’t have the most talent we’ve ever had. We’ve lost Rah (who could’ve helped), Beatty and Gueye (who didn’t adjust to college ball) and Holden who was hurt. We’d be adding 2 top 100 players in Burns and Lawson, Moss who went to a top prep school, Cousinard who’s drawn comparisons to Sin. We could possibly add Bowen at some point, to go along with Silva, Kotsar, Minaya, Gravett. While PG play might still be a concern we would arguably have the best team that Frank’s ever had at SC. I still have to see Frank reel in those two guys to believe it and the NCAA clear Bowen but if all of that comes to fruition we are most definitely a Big Dance team.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #27
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Well I don’t think you can argue that if we got those that Frank wouldn’t have the most talent we’ve ever had. We’ve lost Rah (who could’ve helped), Beatty and Gueye (who didn’t adjust to college ball) and Holden who was hurt. We’d be adding 2 top 100 players in Burns and Lawson, Moss who went to a top prep school, Cousinard who’s drawn comparisons to Sin. We could possibly add Bowen at some point, to go along with Silva, Kotsar, Minaya, Gravett. While PG play might still be a concern we would arguably have the best team that Frank’s ever had at SC. I still have to see Frank reel in those two guys to believe it and the NCAA clear Bowen but if all of that comes to fruition we are most definitely a Big Dance team.
Tell it like it is brother!!! Yeah I to doubt Frank when it comes to closing the deal on prime recruits.. But the man is overdue to have some fortune on the recruiting trial.. I think Couisinard will be as big a steal as Miniyah... I love Burns toughness in the paint.. Lawson looks like the real deal.. Getting both will be a big freaking deal
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #28
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
If Bowen turns pro does that mean we have 3 spots?
I think Bowen is on scholarship. If so the answer is yes. But I hope Bowen is at USC next season.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #29
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
I think Bowen is on scholarship. If so the answer is yes. But I hope Bowen is at USC next season.
I get the feeling Bowen will be with us.. At some point even the NCAA has to have enough shame to do a decent thing
Old 05-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #30
CockyCody
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 852850
CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

Quote:
I get the feeling Bowen will be with us.. At some point even the NCAA has to have enough shame to do a decent thing
I could almost guarantee that this would be a done deal if UNC or Kentucky were the school in question. The NCAA sux!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #31
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Agreed. I think they'll hope that he signs with an agent early to take it out of their hands but in the last 24 hours they'll make a ruling and we land him for the 18-19 season and maybe 1 more.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #32
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

It doesn’t sound like Bowen wants to play Europe ball or in the G League so I’m with y’all I think he comes back but To hell with the NCAA
Old 05-24-2018, 04:44 AM   #33
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Hannibal, Campbell, Gary, Felton and Lawson go a long way to fixing our guard play.

I hope some of you understand that Bowen could be ruled ineligible to play college basketball.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #34
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Surely you don't believe what you just typed.......
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #35
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

He has scheduled an OV at Carolina this coming week. There are only 2 CB, and both are Gamecocks. The piece I read said he may reclassify to 2018. Perhaps that has to do with whether we get Burns or not.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #36
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
He has scheduled an OV at Carolina this coming week. There are only 2 CB, and both are Gamecocks. The piece I read said he may reclassify to 2018. Perhaps that has to do with whether we get Burns or not.
Surely Frank would take both!!! If he still wants Jelik Felton, we can arrange for Felton to pay his way for a year(wink wink)
Old 05-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #37
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Surely Frank would take both!!! If he still wants Jelik Felton, we can arrange for Felton to pay his way for a year(wink wink)
Looks like we’re getting Felton but not getting Burns. So Lawson reclassifying to 2018 would work.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:58 PM   #38
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Looks like we’re getting Felton but not getting Burns. So Lawson reclassifying to 2018 would work.
Actually if Bowen decides to stay in the draft all 3 would work out.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:14 AM   #39
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
According to who? Burns is a must have.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #40
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Actually if Bowen decides to stay in the draft all 3 would work out.
Yep that's true.. I just don't see Bowen staying in the draft. He won't be drafted.. Giving himself time to hear from the Shysters at Ncaa makes sense.. Europe and the G League will still be there.. But it is his choice