CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
ConwayGamecock
GeoCocky66
Wisercock
kick_ball
gotrice?
AmonRa777
Spur's Addiction
2021 ATH/RB - Will S (489)
2020 OT - Chris Morr (295)
Spam - Treet - & (245)
4 Chattanooga Ticket (21)
**USC Women (1-0) vs (0)
I see lots of talk & (0)
Good News Next Week?
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
I see lots of talk &
Spam - Treet - & Pork
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
**USC Women (1-0) vs. Cle
VERY little has changed 2
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2020 - Jordan Burch

Old 05-27-2018, 01:48 AM   #41
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2018-AJ Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Yep that's true.. I just don't see Bowen staying in the draft. He won't be drafted.. Giving himself time to hear from the Shysters at Ncaa makes sense.. Europe and the G League will still be there.. But it is his choice
Hard part is he doesn't know his fate in the NCAA, he could be ruled permanently ineligible even if that is insanely unlikely. I can't blame him if he thinks he's a 2nd round pick for making the jump. I've had a feeling this entire time that he's coming back and still feel that but I definitely see the logic behind jumping to the NBA or Euro ball.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:50 AM   #42
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Yep that's true.. I just don't see Bowen staying in the draft. He won't be drafted.. Giving himself time to hear from the Shysters at Ncaa makes sense.. Europe and the G League will still be there.. But it is his choice
I wonít be mad either way the kid is being cheated out of an opportunity.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #43
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
I wonít be mad either way the kid is being cheated out of an opportunity.
The NCAA is just awful!!!
AmonRa777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:53 AM   #44
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

At some point, some very clever lawyers are going to hit the NCAA with a class action discrimination suit on behalf of players like Bowen...and that will bring an end to this ridiculous organization
Old 05-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #45
DJ35
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 8299
DJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot materialDJ35 is USC mascot material

Can’t happen soon enough, IMO. Way past due. Joke of an organization all about money and control. Protecting the student athletes my ass!!
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #46
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

To be blunt, the NCAA exists to make money for the insitutions that populate the organization. They do not care about the student athletes - only that they keep on coming on board and playing for nothing so the NCAA can continue making boatloads of money.

There needs to be a NASA - I am pretty sure those initials have never been used for any organization, right? The National Association of Student Athletes. And they would represent the athletes, and hold the NCAA accountable.

In a perfect world, we get Bowen eligible and Lawson signs on - I think he would be a steal like Minaya was last year. A very talented 6' 6" wing that moved up a class and has loads of potential.

But it bodes ill for Bowen that we are going hard after Lawson.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #47
Feathers
Blue Chip

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

He has officially reclassified. I think we have an excellent chance of getting him.

http://northpolehoops.com/2018/05/27...es-reclass-18/
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #48
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
He has officially reclassified. I think we have an excellent chance of getting him.

http://northpolehoops.com/2018/05/27...es-reclass-18/
Thanks for the link Feathers.. That great news... Let's all hope Coach Frank can seal the deal
AmonRa777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:48 PM   #49
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Pretty sure I read his Dad is originally from Columbia and a SC Fan. May be wrong but if accurate that is a huge plus..
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #50
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Pretty sure I read his Dad is originally from Columbia and a SC Fan. May be wrong but if accurate that is a huge plus..
Youíre right thatís big hopefully Frank can get him.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #51
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Actually if Bowen decides to stay in the draft all 3 would work out.
After his combine performance, I donít see how he can stay in the draft.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #52
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Because he has no idea how the NCAA will rule. What if they rule him permanently ineligible? I personally think he comes back but even with his draft stock where it is now he still has to strongly consider making the jump strictly due to the NCAA.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #53
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
What happened at the combine?
Old 05-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #54
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
What happened at the combine?
He performed very poorly (I think he was rusty and hadn’t played). Most scouts said he needed to play in college because he wasn’t likely to get drafted this year.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #55
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Because he has no idea how the NCAA will rule. What if they rule him permanently ineligible? I personally think he comes back but even with his draft stock where it is now he still has to strongly consider making the jump strictly due to the NCAA.
I already said he needed to withdraw from the draft. All the scouts said he wasn’t good enough to be drafted now. He can wait for the NCAA to rule while he’s still in school. He loses nothing doing this.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #56
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2126001
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
He performed very poorly (I think he was rusty and hadnít played). Most scouts said he needed to play in college because he wasnít likely to get drafted.
H e performed much better the 2nd day. He had 13 and 12
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #57
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
I already said he needed to withdraw from the draft. All the scouts said he wasnít good enough to be drafted now. He can wait for the NCAA to rule while heís still in school. He loses nothing doing this.
That is true; if he's ruled ineligible he can still play in the G league or even overseas.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #58
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

Spur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I already said he needed to withdraw from the draft. All the scouts said he wasnít good enough to be drafted now. He can wait for the NCAA to rule while heís still in school. He loses nothing doing this.
I think he will withdraw and also expect him to play for USC next season.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #59
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Keep in mind it was his first day I do believe. As stated above he played much better the second day. I do agree tho he needs to go ahead and withdraw if nothing else getting a free education is not to bad a deal.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:41 AM   #60
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
I think he will withdraw and also expect him to play for USC next season.
Hopefully the NCAA gets off its ass and lets the kid play.