CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Ace Dilcock
PFW79
kingofnerf
Flameout12
GregoryHouse
BiscoCocky
Back On the Dating S (835)
18 days (599)
10 Oldest and Newest (432)
New claim from LaVar (410)
Sad day at Casa on t (370)
2021 - WBB - Hollywo (126)
Please explain: Litt (45)
WBB seat fee ripoff
2021 - WBB - Hollywood Ra
2019 - Jaylen McCollough
18 days
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
10 Oldest and Newest Coll
Binchotan Japanese charco
Where Does Joey Chestnut
2018 W/L Prediction - wit

Old 05-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Kingston vs. Muschamp Year 1

As the Baseball season has progressed, the similarities of Kingston's first season and Muschamp's first season are kind of crazy. Before Muschamp's first season, the fan base was basically in agreement that let the chips fall where they may, but a bowl game would be considered a pretty good season given what he walked into. Before Kingston's first season, the fan base was kind of on the line of saying post season play or improving as a ball club and maybe coming up just short would be considered an improvement.

Both came out of the game good showings early on.

Kingston - Takes first 2 series, then drops Furman and series to Clemson, and then picks it back up by sweeping the smart kids at Princeton and Harvard.

Muschamp - Wins debut against Vandy, then drops to Miss St, and then picks it back up against ECU.

Then the SEC schedule really kicks in for both.

Kingston - Drops series to Florida, swept by Georgia, throw in a sweep to Tenn, but then lost series to Kentucky and Arkansas and things are looking very grim for year 1.

Muschamp - Drops to Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Georgia and year 1 isn't looking any better on the grid iron.

The Baseball team is sitting at 20-17 with 3 top 20 teams set up for the next 3 series. Post season is looking extremely doubtful. The Football team is 2-4 with a couple of for-sure losses and not a whole lot of for-sure wins to make a bowl.

At nearly the exact halfway point of both seasons, a little light came on. The teachings that these staffs have been pushing since they made it to Columbia, finally became natural and the players were able to go out and play instead of think too much.

Kingston - Sweeps LSU, takes the series at Vandy, and nearly sweeps #4 Ole Miss.

Muschamp - Beats UMASS, upsets Tenn, and gets above 500 with a victory over Missouri.

Kingston - Ugly midweek losses are really hurting a very very strong finish to the season.

Muschamp - Ugly losses at Florida and Clemson really took some steam out of the otherwise frenzy of a finish to the season.

We still have 2 more games of the regular season, and then the place that all Gamecock Baseball fans hate ... Hoover. I think at this point, we're in, but nothing is guaranteed. A bounce back and series win this weekend would probably almost promise us a spot in the post season. Hoover we NEVER play well in, so we can't expect anything we do there to help us.

Muschamp made drastic improvements in year 1 and made it to a bowl game. Time will still tell how this season ends up for Kingston, but I think he's done a phenomenal job this season. As I thought at his very first conference, I think this is the right man for the job, and look forward to seeing where both of these men take their programs to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
rabid cock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 24763
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kingston vs. Muschamp Year 1

Nice thoughts and writeup. They are similar.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 548449382984
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I hope we make the Final Four.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
As the Baseball season has progressed, the similarities of Kingston's first season and Muschamp's first season are kind of crazy. Before Muschamp's first season, the fan base was basically in agreement that let the chips fall where they may, but a bowl game would be considered a pretty good season given what he walked into. Before Kingston's first season, the fan base was kind of on the line of saying post season play or improving as a ball club and maybe coming up just short would be considered an improvement.

Both came out of the game good showings early on.

Kingston - Takes first 2 series, then drops Furman and series to Clemson, and then picks it back up by sweeping the smart kids at Princeton and Harvard.

Muschamp - Wins debut against Vandy, then drops to Miss St, and then picks it back up against ECU.

Then the SEC schedule really kicks in for both.

Kingston - Drops series to Florida, swept by Georgia, throw in a sweep to Tenn, but then lost series to Kentucky and Arkansas and things are looking very grim for year 1.

Muschamp - Drops to Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Georgia and year 1 isn't looking any better on the grid iron.

The Baseball team is sitting at 20-17 with 3 top 20 teams set up for the next 3 series. Post season is looking extremely doubtful. The Football team is 2-4 with a couple of for-sure losses and not a whole lot of for-sure wins to make a bowl.

At nearly the exact halfway point of both seasons, a little light came on. The teachings that these staffs have been pushing since they made it to Columbia, finally became natural and the players were able to go out and play instead of think too much.

Kingston - Sweeps LSU, takes the series at Vandy, and nearly sweeps #4 Ole Miss.

Muschamp - Beats UMASS, upsets Tenn, and gets above 500 with a victory over Missouri.

Kingston - Ugly midweek losses are really hurting a very very strong finish to the season.

Muschamp - Ugly losses at Florida and Clemson really took some steam out of the otherwise frenzy of a finish to the season.

We still have 2 more games of the regular season, and then the place that all Gamecock Baseball fans hate ... Hoover. I think at this point, we're in, but nothing is guaranteed. A bounce back and series win this weekend would probably almost promise us a spot in the post season. Hoover we NEVER play well in, so we can't expect anything we do there to help us.

Muschamp made drastic improvements in year 1 and made it to a bowl game. Time will still tell how this season ends up for Kingston, but I think he's done a phenomenal job this season. As I thought at his very first conference, I think this is the right man for the job, and look forward to seeing where both of these men take their programs to.
So who is the baseball teamís Jake Bentley, coming out of nowhere to help lead the turnaround?
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #5
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 429
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

I wish much success to both coaches and will watch as they progress (hopefully).

The sky's the limit (I never fully understood this saying BTW).

http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=225303

http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=236429

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:09 PM   #6
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I wish much success to both coaches and will watch as they progress (hopefully).

The sky's the limit (I never fully understood this saying BTW).

http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=225303

http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=236429
When are you updating that stuff for Kingston?
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #7
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 429
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
When are you updating that stuff for Kingston?

I have it updated for prosperity but I keep it on my google drive. I have some pdf baseball scorecards I update as well just for fun (I follow braves games with paper scoresheets as well sometimes).

I realized that many posters were unhappy that the thread was created at all.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #8
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

No players on all SEC 1st team, 2nd team, defensive team, or all Freshmen team this year. Given that not a bad job of coaching 'em up.

http://www.secsports.com/article/235...ards-announced
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:52 PM   #9
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
So who is the baseball teamís Jake Bentley, coming out of nowhere to help lead the turnaround?
Madison Stokes and TJ Hopkins.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #10
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Logan Chapman
Old 05-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #11
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Scouts have told me we couldn't have made a better hire for USC than Kingston. He should be SEC coach of year with all our injuires!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #12
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPit

I liked Muschamp from the start and even more now. Same goes with Kingston. I think both will consistently have good programs here.

Mark took over a very weak hitting team and had very little returning pitching experience. He took over a program in a steady decline. Our hitting is much improved under Mark and he managed to win lots of games despite the lack of pitching experience. Then factor in all the injuries we had to key players. He is a "new school" coach and definitely exceeded expectations in his 1st year. Once he has his full cycle of recruits we will once again be one of the nation's best teams.

Tanner made a huge mistake in hiring Holbrook, saw the mistake he had made and then hired one of the best coaches in college baseball.

To make matters even tougher for Mark he had to bring in a new pitching coach in Jan. Meade had very little time to work with all these freshmen pitchers.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote