CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
Senior Rooster
Captain9Dragons
ShutTheSuccop
Blitzkrieg
PFW79
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
Missing Ellis Johnso (1244)
Bama vs _____ (488)
Donta Scott (376)
Sure, it's a long sh (140)
Domesticated Foxes? (107)
Uncharted 4 (88)
NCAAF: GEORGIA @ MIS (59)
Influential Pastor steeri
Bama vs _____
Sure, it's a long shot
WBB recruiting summary:
Willy B upgrades to cost
2019 schedule out
Missing Ellis Johnson?
Man - Fire - Food
Gamecock weekly press ava
2019 - PG Josiah James (M

Old 06-11-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 301165
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default kingston seems to have the ability to make the right

moves at the right time. great example is putting cullen in at first as a substitute. his long stretch made it possible to snag that bounce and prevent a run and a possible long inning.

No way Holbrook makes that move. The guy seems to have a sixth sense about what to do with in game adjustments. Very impressed.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material
Default Re: kingston seems to have the ability to make the right

I think needing to juggle the match-ups due to injuries early in the season made him more comfortable doing that right now.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 600
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

High comedy this morning on Upstate Radio rationalizing how Clempson still had a better season than SC.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2800000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

I think that Cullen was in the line up because they started a left hander. Cullen was adequate, but he was out of position on Row's throw that went as an error and allowed a run. So, he "broke even" with the long stretch.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2800000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

AS for the Upstate clemsux radio station, that is usually humorous. They are so orange that Nehi could use them in commercials. I didn't hear them, but the only claim they have is they won more games. But, we are a much better team than we were when we had all those injuries. That is why we are in the Super regionals; so they can just shut up and enjoy watching us play.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I think that Cullen was in the line up because they started a left hander. Cullen was adequate, but he was out of position on Row's throw that went as an error and allowed a run. So, he "broke even" with the long stretch.
Nah, that throw from Row was horrible. Cullen was on first as he should have been in order to receive a good throw. Row also tried to do too much with that reverse pivot and throw back to second.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
High comedy this morning on Upstate Radio rationalizing how Clempson still had a better season than SC.
I am sure they are still trying to understand how Kingston has more Regional wins at SC than Lee does at Clemson.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Look, Kingston obviously knows baseball, but this article is stupid. To say Kingston made the right calls at the right time by referencing Cullen and Campbell being added to the lineup is kind of silly. They did nothing at the plate, and were put into the lineup for the offensive matchup. Now, if the article said Kingston added Cullen to the lineup because he needed a better defensive first baseman, then fine. However, even Kingston said he added Cullen and Campbell to the lineup for offensive purposes, and not defensive. Also, was putting in Graham Lawson the right decision at the right time? No.

By the way, I am NOT saying these were the wrong decisions. I'm just saying it's kind of a stupid thing to reference by Whittle (who wrote the article). Just a dumb article to get fans to cream their pants about our coach (who I think is a very good coach). In fact, I think this article is just the right article at the wrong time.

Ok, everybody come yell at me now for saying a positive article was dumb.
CapitolCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #9
zcoop
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1001405007
zcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPitzcoop rules the CockPit

I think Kingston has done a great job thus far. He has the team in the Super Regionals and are hanging tough against a very good Ark team at home. Kudos to coach. Not sure about the moves comment but we won so the default view has to be positive.

Need to eat more Q tonight.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #10
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244550779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

This staff's player development is on a different level. Don't understand the prior staff not being able to get half as much out of the players. We faltered at the end the season then, but we are improving by huge margins late this year.

I am thankful to Ray Tanner and his staff for vetting the right guy to get us here (and maybe THERE!). It is so exciting to see us rise up!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
This staff's player development is on a different level. Don't understand the prior staff not being able to get half as much out of the players. We faltered at the end the season then, but we are improving by huge margins late this year.

I am thankful to Ray Tanner and his staff for vetting the right guy to get us here (and maybe THERE!). It is so exciting to see us rise up!
Well, for one, this staff has actually worked to FIX the problems the guys were having, as opposed to making excuses. They have actually COACHED.
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #12
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
This staff's player development is on a different level. Don't understand the prior staff not being able to get half as much out of the players. We faltered at the end the season then, but we are improving by huge margains late this year.

totally agree. holbrook got us as far as he was gonna get us. tanner made that hire in order to give the man a deserved shot. it didnt go well and he actually went out and got the right guy.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #13
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Hey look, another bash Holbrook thread. Rock on!
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #14
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

If we beat UA in the rubber game tonight then we head to the CWS as the hottest team in America. Nobody would have gotten to the CWS through a tougher matchup - on the road. We would have a great shot at winning the whole thing.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #15
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I don't think this is any knock against Holbrook, at least it shouldn't be. One of the things that made Tanner a legend was his ability to make a move and it seemed to always work. For me, Kingston made that type if move when Blair came in and hit the 3 run bomb while batting .185. He then got hot and had a great regional and helped get us through Greenville.

I don't know about the pitching match up, but Williams hasn't contributed any at the plate so the Cullen substitution wasn't difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #16
Rooster'srule
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 993410
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

It is interesting that all of a sudden we have talent
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #17
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Hey look, another bash Holbrook thread. Rock on!
He deserves it. Guy was trash. You can ask hs coaches who sent kids. They will tell you he didnít develop kids, and lacked discipline.
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #18
rabid cock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 24763
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
It is interesting that all of a sudden we have talent
They came out of nowhere just in the nick of time.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote