CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
SheckWes
ucan'tlickourcocks
GregoryHouse
Spur's Addiction
Order 66
Lonnie
CockyLifer
FurmanCock
Captain9Dragons
Defense vs Clemson (1147)
Tell us a sentence y (419)
Gamecock weekly pres (254)
Christmas gifts (145)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (113)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (111)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ OH (61)
NCAAF: AUBURN @ ALAB (59)
NCAAF: LSU @ TEXAS A (52)
NCAAF: SYRACUSE @ BO (47)
How Good Can Frank's Team
Bowl game
The Betting Window is Ope
NFL: BEARS @ LIONS Thu 11
NFL: REDSKINS @ COWBOYS T
NFL: FALCONS @ SAINTS Thu
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
NFL: SEAHAWKS @ PANTHERS
NFL: STEELERS @ BRONCOS S
NFL: PACKERS @ VIKINGS Su

Old 06-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
Lancelot
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material
Default Jordan Montgomery to have Tommy John surgery

SIAP, haven't seen it anywhere.

Yankees decided to have Montgomery undergo Tommy John surgery this week. He'll be shut down through late 2019. Most likely will not see the mound again until 2020 season.

Horrible break for the kid. As a native South Carolinian and Yankees fan, I loved seeing him pitch. Having a USC alum on the mound for the most storied professional sports team of all time was a great thing.

Hopefully the Yanks stick with him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded off before he's back.

The TJ procedure has come a long way, so hopefully he can come back as good as he was.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jordan Montgomery to have Tommy John surgery

He should come back stronger and better than he was.

We can rebuild him... Make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
darthtripous
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 505
darthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
SIAP, haven't seen it anywhere.

Yankees decided to have Montgomery undergo Tommy John surgery this week. He'll be shut down through late 2019. Most likely will not see the mound again until 2020 season.

Horrible break for the kid. As a native South Carolinian and Yankees fan, I loved seeing him pitch. Having a USC alum on the mound for the most storied professional sports team of all time was a great thing.

Hopefully the Yanks stick with him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded off before he's back.

The TJ procedure has come a long way, so hopefully he can come back as good as he was.
As a Red Sox fan I never want anything positive to happen with the Yankees. I have only pulled for them when Jordan was pitching. (And that was only while he was pitching. As soon as he was off the mound F the Yankees.)

I hope to see him back as soon as possible.
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #4
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

While it is possible he might not have a spot left as a starter for the Yankees by the time he returns, he could always be traded to another team that needs pitching, so this does not mean this is a career ending situation. He just needs to work hard and get back his pitching form. He knows how to pitch and that has been proven over and over.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtripous View Post
As a Red Sox fan I never want anything positive to happen with the Yankees. I have only pulled for them when Jordan was pitching. (And that was only while he was pitching. As soon as he was off the mound F the Yankees.)

I hope to see him back as soon as possible.

Not a Sox fan, but I did the same. Rooted for Jordan to throw 6 or 7 innings of shutout ball, and then have the BP come in and rooted for them to give up 6 or 7 :)
tcmac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material

Monty is a lefthander, so when he gets healthy he will find himself back in the rotation
Old 06-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 49477
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

F the Yankees.

Hopefully they trade him to the Braves or anywhere but NY.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #8
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
F the Yankees.

I can get on board with this!!!!
Old 06-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
While it is possible he might not have a spot left as a starter for the Yankees by the time he returns, he could always be traded to another team that needs pitching, so this does not mean this is a career ending situation. He just needs to work hard and get back his pitching form. He knows how to pitch and that has been proven over and over.
Career ending it is not. As a matter of fact it is now pretty much career rejuvenating. The success rate with this procedure is phenomenal!
Old 06-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #10
Lancelot
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
F the Yankees.

I guess a .675 record against the Braves earns that kind of sentiment.

Much for better Monty's career to be a Yankee than a Brave.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote