CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
etowngangsta
Rogocop
Cockadoo
ConwayGamecock
Spur's Addiction
RGHoskins
TaySC
Cockygaming
TastyLicks
2020 - Deron Reid (500)
Worst year in Human (376)
Critiquing the WORST (321)
Belk Bowl (193)
No man has ever made (178)
Ranking the Bowl Gam (154)
2019- Olivia Thompson
Mumps outbreak at Carolin
The "Cult of Frank&q
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - Chris Steele
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Stephen Garcia to Ryan Hi
Will Grier skipping bowl
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
Rumor Mill: Bobby Bentley

Old 06-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #21
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 NCAA Super Regional:**USC (37-25) vs. Arkansas (43-19) GAME #3 Thread**

If MLod pitches tonight the way he has been, I think we have a REALLY good chance at taking the series. We seemed to have picked up some more hits when it matter yesterday, and did so with the middle to the later in the line up guys. We didn't have to depend on Cortes and Stokes to do everything.

I think their pitching staff is going to have a lot of pressure to perform tonight. They have struggled the entire series, but lucky for them, we couldn't take advantage of anything in Game 1. Depending on how they respond tonight, if they come out and try to press because they've collectively struggled, we could see some more mistake pitches and hopefully can capitalize on them.

We're going to learn a lot about the future of this program tonight win or not. Yesterday we played a relatively sloppy game in the field, but made up for it at the plate. Tonight is a high pressure game, so we'll find out how this coaching staff calms the guys to not press and just make the routine plays. If they give you an out, take it.

Either way, preseason I would have not expected to have been 1 game away from a return visit to our home away from home. Baseball isn't always about the best team, but the one that gets hot at the right time. I like our chances tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #22
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 NCAA Super Regional:**USC (37-25) vs. Arkansas (43-19) GAME #3 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
This is about yesterday's game: Why didn't they not allow Olson (I think it was Olson later in the game,) to take 1st base after he was hit in the upper body by the pitch? He didn't lean into it or anything, he just got hit in the box. I saw Kingston go out there to presumably argue. We won the game and all, but I'm still wondering about that call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
You want me to believe that after a GS, and a solo shot, that they "accidentally" hit Jacob? Riiiiight!

Not sure what Blue was thinking in that situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
It's not silly, he didn't try to move out of the way, BUT you don't have to attempt to get out of the way. You just can't go after the ball with your body. Throughout the entire series, that was probably the worst call to have been made (so far), and if that's the worst thing you have to worry about, the umps are doing just fine. I don't know what protocol is for that situation, but I would always like to see the officials get together to see what the others saw. The ump is watching the ball, not the batter. Your line judges are supposed to be watching the batter to for the check swing calls. I don't see how this should have been treated any differently.
He did not lean into the pitch. He actually turned inward slightly. That should have been enough to award him first base. Nothing in his action indicated that he moved his body into the pitch so I don't really understand the ump's call.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #23
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
He did not lean into the pitch. He actually turned inward slightly. That should have been enough to award him first base. Nothing in his action indicated that he moved his body into the pitch so I don't really understand the ump's call.
Even the announcers came to the conclusion that he was hbp and should have been awarded first base. Replay was conclusive imo.

Regardless... Time to bust Arky's A$$ and not let the umps dictate the outcome!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #24
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Time to punch the ticket!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #25
sharpe0284
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 300
sharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
You want me to believe that after a GS, and a solo shot, that they "accidentally" hit Jacob? Riiiiight!

Not sure what Blue was thinking in that situation.
Pitcher had a smile on his face walking off the field too. Nothing about that was an accidental. If I get lit up like that, no way am I smiling. Go Gamecocks!!!
sharpe0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #26
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

The Arky fans were all over the home plate ump all say, but I thought he called a good - and fair - strike zone. It looks like the Arky pitches throw consistently a few inches outside, but they (and the fans) expect to get the call. Which might explain their home field success.

The one bad call was the HBP. The ump should have gotten some help there.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #27
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 546907897220
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Good time to start a win streak.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #28
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

CockyCash: 200
tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
If MLod pitches tonight the way he has been, I think we have a REALLY good chance at taking the series. We seemed to have picked up some more hits when it matter yesterday, and did so with the middle to the later in the line up guys. We didn't have to depend on Cortes and Stokes to do everything.

I think their pitching staff is going to have a lot of pressure to perform tonight. They have struggled the entire series, but lucky for them, we couldn't take advantage of anything in Game 1. Depending on how they respond tonight, if they come out and try to press because they've collectively struggled, we could see some more mistake pitches and hopefully can capitalize on them.

We're going to learn a lot about the future of this program tonight win or not. Yesterday we played a relatively sloppy game in the field, but made up for it at the plate. Tonight is a high pressure game, so we'll find out how this coaching staff calms the guys to not press and just make the routine plays. If they give you an out, take it.

Either way, preseason I would have not expected to have been 1 game away from a return visit to our home away from home. Baseball isn't always about the best team, but the one that gets hot at the right time. I like our chances tonight.

Never depend on them to do everything. Middle of the order(4,5,6,7) has been the bread and butter for this team most of the year. They usually dictate the output of the offense.
tcmac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #29
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Good time to start a win streak.

I would like a 7 game streak.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #30
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Not sure I agree starting Blair at the top of the lineup tonight. Campbell is too good to be left on the bench. Gotta put our best offense on the field. Also hope Matt Williams can provide us some kind of offense since he's getting the start over Cullen (who put some good swings on the ball yesterday).
Old 06-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #31
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpe0284 View Post
Pitcher had a smile on his face walking off the field too. Nothing about that was an accidental. If I get lit up like that, no way am I smiling. Go Gamecocks!!!
It was on purpose. The ump knew it was. It was a fail on his part.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #32
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Not sure I agree starting Blair at the top of the lineup tonight. Campbell is too good to be left on the bench. Gotta put our best offense on the field. Also hope Matt Williams can provide us some kind of offense since he's getting the start over Cullen (who put some good swings on the ball yesterday).

Blair in C.F. potentially saves a few base hits. He has better range then any other outfielder we have ready to play right now. Olson is a liability in C.F.. Campbell can not DH because Stokes can not play the field because of that hammy. He also did not get reps in CF this season, so he is a bit of a liability,too. With Blair starting, we have our best possible defense on the field, so it is an understandable move. Besides, he stepped up in regional play, so who knows what he has in store for the Supers.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #33
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 9109643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

We are gonna win !

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #34
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 786631
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
We are gonna win !
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #35
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Let's get it on.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #36
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

Well at least the daily database back up as been done today before the game. Let's play ball
Old 06-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #37
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

Espnu until the Duke/TT game is done
Old 06-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #38
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 786631
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Already showing that idiot ARK fan......
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #39
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

1 out walk for Cortes
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 PM   #40
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

Damn the wind