CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Order 66
CockyLifer
SC Gamecock
FurmanCock
Cockypantherfan
Senior Rooster
Blackland
GregoryHouse
Garnet&BlackOp
THIS IS WHAT WE DO. (1085)
We're going have our (988)
Johnathan Gipson (538)
Old Dominion upsets (321)
Radio Station in Gre (288)
CockyGaming’s way to (275)
AAC (191)
Lamb on the grill (158)
Old Dominion upsets Virgi
We're going have our hand
2020 Commitment - Mecose
CockyGaming’s way to earl
THIS IS WHAT WE DO.
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Week 4: Around College Fo
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil
Sure, it's a long shot
Bama vs _____

Old 06-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #21
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 171423319728
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: North America to Host 2026 World Cup

Expanded to 48 teams, maybe the US can qualify lol
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #22
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9990000
SR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Yes, just a little humor.

Yup. Soccer has its pockets of popularity in the US, but it'll never get much more popular than it is now. Seriously, if it hasn't by now, it never will be. Americans, by in large and for whatever reason, just don't care about it.

I'll keep up with how the US team does in the World Cup, but then I don't think about soccer again for the next 4 years.

The younger generations are way more into soccer than say baseball. Numbers have kept declining for baseball while soccer is on the rise. By the time the World Cup rolls around in 2026 I expect it to fully be a major sport here. I mean just look at the new expansion teams in the MLS the past few years. Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, NYCFC, LAFC and soon to be Cincinnati. They all are at the top of attendance records in the league and regularly draw bigger crowds than most European teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #23
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 200
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Expanded to 48 teams, maybe the US can qualify lol
As was said previously, the US has qualified in the last several World Cups. It has a good team.

Italy didn't qualify this year, either, by the way.
womfalcs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #24
Lancelot
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
As was said previously, the US has qualified in the last several World Cups. It has a good team.

Italy didn't qualify this year, either, by the way.
I think the disconnect lies in the fact that we dwarf the usual World Cup powers in population. Brazil is closest to us in size, but we still have 120-something million more people than them. Many of the World Cup winners have 60 million or fewer people. By sheer numbers alone, we ought to dominate. We are getting better, but it's taken an intense effort to try building its popularity.

Frankly, I don't see all the worry over why we need to be good at soccer. People make it sound like it's a shameful thing. We're good at football. We're good at baseball. We're good at basketball. Soccer is expendable.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #25
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5010459
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

this is great news

in 2026, for about a month or two, I will give a f*ck about soccer

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #26
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16238
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post

Frankly, I don't see all the worry over why we need to be good at soccer. People make it sound like it's a shameful thing. We're good at football. We're good at baseball. We're good at basketball. Soccer is expendable.
Out of football, baseball and basketball, that we are good at, only 1, basketball is a truly world wide sport. That is the reason for many that soccer should be more important, world wide recognition. I for one can see soccer over taking baseball, which pains me to say, but the baseball season is way to long and the game is way to slow anymore.